Olympus PEN E-PL10 Camera & 14-42mm EZ Lens Kit with Backscatter Octo Underwater Housing
Olympus PEN E-PL10 Camera & 14-42mm EZ Lens Kit with Backscatter Octo Underwater Housing
STEP 1: Pick A Lens Package
The versatility of lens choice is one of the key things that makes the Olympus E-PL10 such a great system, but it can also lead to a lot of choices for the user. The team at Backscatter has made it easy to decide which lens configuration is the right one for you with this selection of our favorite setups.
Remember, this is a completely modular system that can always be added on to for the future. Start with what you need for your next dive and add on more capabilities later.
STEP 2: Pick a Lighting Package
We offer a variety of lighting packages for 1 or 2 lights or strobes. While macro can be done most times with 1 light or strobe, 2 allows for more creative lighting. For wide angle, we recommend 2 lights or strobes to better fill a scene.
The Backscatter Mini Flash is recommended for more macro-oriented shooters and has the option of adding a snoot for even more lighting options. While the Backscatter Mini Flash can be used for close focus wide angle and medium wide shots, stepping up to the Sea & Sea YS-D3 is a better choice for more wide angle oriented shooters. The Sea & Sea YS-D3 can shoot macro as well, but a macro fanatic will be better suited with the Backscatter Mini Flash and Optical Snoot.
For wide angle and macro video shooters, the Backscatter Macro Wide 4300 Video Light will cover all of your needs for wide angle and macro.
For either the Backscatter Mini Flash or Backscatter Macro Wide 4300 Video Light, add on the Backscatter Optical Snoot for even more control over the size of the light beam pattern for the ultimate in macro shooting.
STEP 3: Add a Viewfinder
The AOI UMG-01 makes it easy to see the LCD screen in bright conditions by creating a loupe-style view of the back of the housing. The AOI UMG-05 is great for SLR-like operation, where the LCD screen can be viewed at a downward angle using an angled prism. This is also great for getting down in the sand to shoot a macro subject face to face and still being able to actually see the screen.
STEP 4: Add a Travel Case
The Olympus E-PL10 system is small enough to fit in a carry bag. Choose either a backpack or roller style bag.
Overview / Product Description
Olympus PEN E-PL10 Camera & 14-42mm EZ Lens Kit with Backscatter Octo Underwater Housing
- Olympus PEN E-PL10 Black Camera
- Olympus ED M. 14-42mm ƒ3.5-5.6 EZ Lens
- Backscatter Octo UH-EPL10 Underwater Housing
Backscatter Olympus PEN E-PL9 & E-PL10 Underwater Octo Housing UH-EPL10
We teamed up with AOI to produce the Backscatter Limited Edition Octo housing. As if the simple operation, compact and well-laid out ergonomics, affordable price point, and changeable ports, and built-in LED trigger and vacuum system weren’t enough, we just had to go and make it the coolest looking housing around too.
The housing works with both Olympus E-PL9 & Olympus E-PL10, so no matter which camera you use the same housing will support either.
The size of the housing overall is barely larger than most compact cameras and is significantly smaller than similar Micro Four Thirds underwater rigs. When compared to systems like Panasonic GH5 and Olympus OM-D E-M1 III the Olympus E-PL10 really stands out as being easy to handle and small enough to easily pack for travel.
Even with the overall compact nature of the housing, there is plenty of room for ergonomic control access, even for those with small hands or thick dive gloves. The housing includes an alternate shutter lever extension so that no matter whether you prefer to hold the housing directly or prefer to use a handle grip, you can easily access the shutter without moving your hand.
Housing Includes 67mm Threaded PortThe housing Includes a 67mm threaded front port for the Olympus 14-42mm EZ lens. Pair this port with wet wide or macro lenses for compact-like versatile shooting. Swap this port out for dedicated domes or extended macro ports for prime lenses and you will be ready to shoot any subject large or small. The housing is even compatible with older Olympus PEN series housing ports, so if you are upgrading from one of those classic systems then you already have some compatible accessories.
Mount a double flip holder on the 67mm threads to be able to quickly swap between macro and wide on the same dive. If you don’t want all that bulk on the front of your port, use the AOI QRS (Quick Release System) of bayonet mounts for quick-disconnect of lenses which can then be stored on a control arm or in a pocket.
Rapid-Fire Strobe SyncThanks to the built-in LED flash trigger of the Backscatter E-PL10 Octo Housing, the Olympus E-PL10 can shoot rapid-fire by completely bypassing its own built-in pop-up flash. It fires more shots per second than any compact or mirrorless that has to rely on a pop-up built-in flash, creating more opportunities to really nail the perfect frame in a quick-burst fast action sequence. This camera will fire as fast as the paired strobe can recycle, so at lower strobe power it can do some pretty astoundingly fast rapid shooting. This also has the benefit of keeping the housing small because there does not need to be room to accommodate the pop-up flash.
The tradeoff of this rapid-fire benefit is that there is no automatic TTL strobe exposure.
Olympus E-PL10 | Backscatter E-PL10 Octo Housing | Olympus 8mm | 1/200 | ISO 200 | ƒ9
Integrated Vacuum Detection, Moisture Alarm, & LED Flash TriggerOne of the coolest features of the housing is the Multi-Control Device. This USB-rechargeable unit is what controls not only the LED flash trigger but also the vacuum and moisture detection for peace of mind while underwater.
Just connect the device to the cameras hotshoe for rapid-fire LED flash firing, and seal up the housing and port in order to pump it down for vacuum protection. By drawing a vacuum prior to the dive, the housing's integrity can be verified and it can be taken underwater with the full confidence of being leak-free. If by some chance there is any moisture present inside, an alarm will alert you so that it can be addressed before any serious damage occurs.
Use Your Existing UMG Viewfinder AccessoriesThe housing is also compatible with UMG magnifiers, which many TG shooters are sure to have for their Olympus PT-059 housings. Both the AOI UMG-01 and AOI UMG-05 are compatible with the Backscatter E-PL10 Octo Housing, meaning that they can carry right over from a TG rig to this one. The AOI UMG-01 makes it easy to see the LCD screen in bright conditions by creating a loupe-style view of the back of the housing. The AOI UMG-05 is great for SLR-like operation, where the LCD screen can be viewed at a downward angle using an angled prism. This is also great for getting down in the sand to shoot a macro subject face to face and still being able to actually see the screen.
The Olympus E-PL10 & Backscatter E-PL10 Octo Housing system features a full suite of accessories that allow any shooter to create their ideal rig. Click the image to download this system chart as a PDF.
- Description: Underwater Housing for Olympus PEN E-PL9/10
- Housing Color: White with Custom Octo Graphics - No two housings are the same!
- Compatible: Olympus PEN E-PL9 or E-PL10 with M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens
- Waterproof: 45m/150ft
- Main Material: Housing Body: Polycarbonate
- Flat Port Glass: Optical Glass with double sided multi-layer AR coating
- Operating Environment: 0°C ~ 40°C (32°F ~ 104°F)
- Storage: -20 C ~ 60 C (-4 F ~ 140 F)
- Flash Trigger:
- Battery Operation Time: Approx. 3 days (based on 3 dives/day and approx. 250 shots/dive)
- Battery: Built-in Rechargeable Lithium Polymer Battery (3.7V)
- Charging: USB Charger DC 5V, 0.5A - Approx. 1 hour for a fully charge
- Dimensions: Approx. 166mm (W) x 128mm (H) x 135.5mm (D)
- Weight: On land: Approx. 734g/1.61lbs
- Underwater: Approx. 26g/0.05lbs
Olympus PEN E-PL10 Mirrorless Camera
When it comes to photography, your smartphone only does so much. Step up to the PEN E-PL10. This super-compact, lightweight camera is comfortable to carry and designed for a sleek and timeless feel. Advanced technology ensures you’ll capture stunning photos and smooth 4K video. This camera was built to help you create and capture your visions. Share your work on-the-go easily with the built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection. Stay connected and go beyond your smartphone with the PEN E-PL10.
- 180° Flip Touch Screen
- 4K Ultra HD Video
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Sharing
- 16 Megapixel Live MOS Image Sensor
- 3-Axis Image Stabilization
- TruePic™ VIII Image Processor
- Built-in Flash
- Touch to Focus & Shoot
- 4K Ultra HD Video
- 180 Degree Tilting Touch Screen
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Silent Shooting Mode
A CAMERA THAT COMPLEMENTS YOUA timeless design featuring premium materials and classic color combinations to complement every style so you always look your best.
PREMIUM MATERIALSThe PEN E-PL10 combines pure aesthetics and stylish design with materials like leather, brushed aluminum, and metal textures.
THREE COMPLIMENTARY COLORSChoose from three colors that will complement any style. Try our new sleek all-black look with matching body and lens.
COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHTCarrying this camera is so refreshingly easy you’ll take it everywhere. A lightweight body and compact lenses deliver portability only Olympus can offer.
- Key Specs Sensor Effective Resolution / Type: 16.1 Megapixel Live MOS
- Processor: TruPic™ VIII
- Focusing System: Contrast Detection with 121 Focus Points
- Image Stabilization System: In-Body 3-Axis Image Stabilization
- Rear Monitor: 3.0" 180° Tilting Touch LCD
- Creative Features: Live Composite, Selfie Mode, Selfie Video Mode, Video Clips Mode, Advanced Photo (AP) Mode
- Sequential Shooting Speed: 8.6 fps [H Mode], 4.8 fps [L Mode] Mechanical Shutter
- Special Features: Easy image sharing via Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, and Olympus Image Share App; Built-in pop-up flash
Sensor / Dust Reduction
- Sensor Type: 4/3” Live MOS Sensor
- Effective Pixels: 16.1 million
- Total Pixels: 17.2 million
- Filter Array: Primary color filter (RGB)
- Aspect Ratio & Area: 4:3 / 17.4 x 13.0mm
- Dust Reduction: Super Sonic Wave Filter
- Processor Type: Olympus TruePic™ VIII
- AF System Type: High-speed imager AF (Contrast detection)
- Focus Modes: Single AF (S-AF) / Continuous AF (C-AF) / Manual Focus (MF) / S-AF + MF / AF Tracking (C-AF + TR)
- Full-Time AF: Full Time AF
- Magnified Frame:
- Enlarged view check by magnify button
- Magnification 5x, 7x, 10x (Default), 14x
- Face Detection AF / Eye Priority AF
- Available / Available
- Eye Detection AF mode: Off / Nearer-eye priority / Right-eye priority / Left-eye priority
- Focusing Points / Focusing Points Selection Mode
- 121-point contrast-detection AF
- All target, group target (9-area), single target (standard target size / small target size)
- AF Illuminator: Available
- Manual Focus Assist: Focus ring rotation activates Live View image magnification and/or focus peaking when in S-AF+MF or MF mode
- Peaking Function:
- Activate with Fn button or focus ring
- Change peaking settings using the Info button
- Color selection: white or black
- System Type: Built-in 3-axis sensor-shift image stabilization for video and still photos
- Stabilization Performance
- 3.5 EV steps*
- When using M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
- Focal length = 42mm (35mm equivalent: 84mm)
- *Conforms to CIPA standards. When dual-axis vibration is applied (Yaw / Pitch).
- Image Stabilization Mode: 1 mode (S-IS On), Off
- Live View Image Stabilization: Available (Activate with half-pressing shutter button or enlarging view)
- Focal Length Setting: Available (1 setting) *When a lens without electrical contacts is attached, focal length can be set from 0.1 - 1,000 mm (by 0.1 mm step).
- Lens IS Priority: Not available
Shutter / Sequential Shooting
- Shutter Type: Computerized focal-plane, high-speed, mechanical shutter
- Shutter Speed
- 1/4000 - 60 sec. (1/3, 1/2, or 1 EV steps selectable)
- Bulb/Time: default setting 8min. (1/2/4/8/15/20/25/30 min. selectable)
- Electronic first curtain shutter1: 1/320 - 60 sec.
- Sequential Shooting Maximum Speed:
- [Sequential shooting H mode] approx. 8.6 fps
- [Sequential shooting L mode] approx. 4.8 fps
- [Anti-shock sequential shooting H mode] approx. 4.3 fps
- [Silent sequential shooting H mode] approx.. 14.1 fps
- [Silent sequential shooting L mode] approx. 6.1 fps
- *Lens: M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
- (Sequential shooting L mode: 12-40mm F2.8 PRO when in C-AF mode)
- v*Actual sequential shooting speeds may be slower depending on shooting conditions including lens used, brightness, aperture, shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, and exposure compensation.
- Max. Recordable Pictures in Sequential Shooting
- 〔RAW〕: Approx. 14 frames (in sequential shooting L mode and at 4.8 fps), approx. 13 frames (in sequential shooting H mode and at 8.6 fps)
- 〔JPEG: LF〕: Approx. 220 frames (in sequential shooting L mode and at 4.8 fps), approx. 21 frames (in sequential shooting H mode and at 8.6 fps)
- *When using the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ.
- *With Toshiba EXCERIA PRO™ SDHC UHS-I memory card 32GB.
- Based on Olympus measurement conditions.
- *Sequential shooting speeds may be slower from the middle depending on shooting conditions.
- Self Timer: Operation time: 12 sec., 2 sec., custom (Wait time: 1-30sec., Shot interval: 0.5/1/2/3sec., Number of shots: 1-10)
- Anti-Shock Mode:
- Electronic first curtain shutter / 1/320 - 60 sec (For speeds over 1/320 sec., mechanical shutter will automatically be selected when shutter start delay is set to 0 sec.)
- Shutter Start Delay 0, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30 sec
- Shutter Type / Shutter Speed:
- Available in P, A, S, M, ART modes.
- Available as Silent in SCN and AP modes.
- Electronic shutter: 1/16000 - 60 sec.
- Shutter Start Delay: 0 sec
- Silent Mode Settings:
- Available in P, A, S, M, ART modes. (Settings for sound, AF illuminator, and flash can be set to On / Off separately. The default setting is Off.)
- Available as Silent in SCN and AP modes. (Sound: Off, AF illuminator: Off, Flash: Off)
- Rear Monitor Type: 3.0” tilting touch monitor Approx 1037k dots (3:2) electrostatic capacitance touch screen
- Rear Monitor Size: 3.0” / 7.6 cm
- Touch Control:
- Touch Shutter, Touch AF (AF area selection, AF area size adjustment), frame forward/backward, magnified playback, Live Guide, Super Control Panel, New Art Filter mode selection, New scene mode selection, Wi-Fi connection, Movie controls, movie effect, movie teleconverter
- *When in Selfie Mode: Shutter release, e-Portrait, Custom self-timer, Movie, Exposure compensation, Preview
- Tilting Capability: Upward tilting angle: up to 80 degrees Downward tilting angle: up to 180 degrees *mirror display when the monitor is in selfie position
- Brightness / Color Temp Control (Rear Monitor): ±7 levels / ±7 levels
- Color Tone Select: Vivid / Natural
- Live View:
- Approx. 100% field of view, Exposure compensation preview, WB adjustment preview, Gradation auto preview, Face detection preview (up to 8 faces), Gridline, Histogram, Magnification display (x5/x7/x10/x14), Normal, Highlight & Shadow, Level Gauge, Off
- Preview: Available (Preview function can be assigned to the Fn buttons etc.)
- Live View Boost:
- Off: Exposure compensation is reflected.
- On: An image is displayed with the brightness which is easy to see.
- Field of View: Approx. 100%
- Display Mode: Normal Mode, Histogram Mode, Level gauge, Highlight, and shadow, Off
- Monitor Information: Aperture value, Shutter speed, Auto Bracket, AE Lock, AF mode, IS, Shooting Mode, Battery Check, Myset, Internal Temperature Warning, Face / Eye Detection, Histogram, Number of storable still pictures, Record mode, ISO, Sequential shooting, Self-timer, White Balance, Metering Mode, AF confirmation mark, Exposure Compensation Value, Spot metering Area Flash Mode, Flash Status, Flash intensity Control, Super FP, Focal length, Tone control, Eye-Fi condition, Digital teleconverter, Battery check
- Display of Face Detection: Max. 8 frames of face detection can be displayed
Exposure Control / Flash
- Metering System: Digital ESP metering (324-area multi-pattern metering), Center-weighted average metering, Spot metering, Spot metering with highlight control, Spot metering with shadow control (TTL Image sensor metering)
- Metering Range: EV -2 - 20 (at normal temperature, 17mm f2.8, ISO 100)
- Exposure Mode: Auto (Live Guide can be used), P: Program AE (Program shift can be performed), A: Aperture Priority AE, S: Shutter Priority AE, M: Manual (Live Bulb, Live Time and Live Composite are available), Scene Select AE, Advanced Photo AE, Art Filter
- Scene Select AE:
- [Advanced Photo] Live Composite, Live Time, Multiple Exposure, HDR Backlight1, Silent, Panorama, Keystone Compensation, AE Bracketing, Focus Bracketing
- [Scene] Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape + Portrait, Night + Portrait, Children, Night scene, Hand-held Starlight2, Fireworks, Light trails, Sport, Panning, Landscape, Sunset, Beach & Snow, Backlight HDR1, Panorama, Candlelight, Silent, Macro, Nature Macro, Documents, Multi Focus Shot
- 1. 4 images automatically shot and combined into a single image composite
- 2. 8 images automatically shot and combined into a single image composite
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto: ISO LOW (approx. 100) - 25600 (customizable, default ISO LOW - 1600)
- Manual: ISO LOW (approx. 100) - 25600 in 1/3 or 1 EV ISO steps
- Exposure Compensation: Still photo ±5 EV, movie ± 3 EV in 1/3, 1/2, 1 EV steps selectable *HDR shooting, monitor and EVF displays only up to ±3 EV
- AE Lock: Locks with half-press of the shutter button or with the press of the Fn button (after assigning AEL/AFL to the Fn button).
- Flash Intensity Control Method: TTL Auto, Auto*, Manual, Super FP*(FP-TTL AUTO, FP-MANUAL) * Available on external flash
- Built-in Flash: TTL Flash, GN=5.4 (ISO100•m) / GN= 7.6 (ISO200•m)
- Flash Mode: Redeye, Slow Sync. (1st curtain), Slow Sync. (2nd curtain), Red-eye Slow Sync. (1st curtain), Fill-in, Manual (1/1 (FULL) ~ 1/64), Flash Off.
- Flash Intensity Control: Up to ±3 EV in 1/3, 1/2, 1 EV steps selectable
- Compatible External Flash: FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-20, FL-14, FL-300R, FL-600R, FL-900R, STF-8, FL-700WR
- Compatible Wireless External Flash: FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-300R, FL-600R, FL-900R, FL-700WR
- Wireless Flash Control Method:
- Olympus Wireless RC Flash system (light-triggered)
- Commander flash: FL-900R, FL-600R,STF-8, FL-700WR, Built-in flash
- Channel: 4 channels
- Group No.: 4 groups (3 groups of external flash + commander flash)
- Wireless RC System: Compatible with Olympus Wireless RC Flash system
Memory / Image Recording (File Format)
- Compatible Memory: SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC, UHS-I/II compatible, Eye-Fi Card compatible*) *Not compatible with Endless Memory
- Recording Format: DCF 2.0, Exif 2.3
- File Format: RAW (12-bit lossless compression), JPEG, RAW+JPEG, MPO (3D still)
- Recording Image Size:
- [RAW] 4608 x 3456 pixels
- [JPEG] 4608 x 3456 pixels - 640 x 480 pixels
White Balance / Color Mode
- White Balance Mode: Auto WB, 6 Preset WBs, 4 Capture WBs, Custom WB(Kelvin setting)
- Color Modes: RGB, Adobe RGB
Bracketing / HDR
- Exposure Bracketing:
- Available as AE Bracketing in Advanced Photo mode.
- 3 frames in 1.0 EV steps, 5 frames in 0.7 EV steps.
- Focus Bracketing: Available as Multi Focus Shot in Scene mode and Focus Bracketing in Advanced Photo mode. Shoots 8 frames. (When in Advanced Photo mode, focus steps can be adjusted in 5 or 10 levels.) *Compatible with Micro Four Thirds lenses only.
- HDR (Auto Composite):
- Available as Backlight HDR in Scene mode and HDR in Advanced Photo mode.
- HDR1 (natural), HDR2 (painting-like)*
- Exposure compensation is available*
- ISO sensitivity is fixed at 200, and the maximum shutter speed setting is 4 seconds.
- *Available only when in HDR shooting (AP mode).
- Picture Mode: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e-Portrait, Color Creator, Art Filters
- Gradation: Auto, Normal, High Key, Low Key (except Art Filters)
- Adjustment Parameter: 4 levels (Auto, Normal, High key, Low key)
- Filter Effect (B&W Filter): Neutral, Yellow, Orange, Red, Green for Monotone
- Picture Tone: Neutral, Sepia, Blue, Purple, Green for Monotone
- Art Filter: Sixteen in-camera Art Filters are enhanced by new filter variations, art effects, and bracketing. You can use Art Filters in all shooting modes as well as filming 1080 HD movies.
- Art Filter Modes: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line,WaterColor, Vintage, Partial Color, Bleach Bypass, Instant Film
- Fine Tune Art Filters: Pop Art I, Soft Focus
- Color Ring (for partial color): 18 colors selectable
- Live Bulb / Live Time: Update Interval Time 0.5 sec – 60 sec
- Live Composite: Update Interval Time / composite method 0.5 sec – 60 sec / Lighten Mode (Bright area prioritization)
- Interval Shooting: 1-999 frames, Interval time 1 sec - 24 hours, Time-lapse movies
- Multiple Exposure (number of pictures/function): 2 frames
Video / Audio Recording
- Video Recording Format: MOV (MPEG-4AVC/H.264), AVI (Motion JPEG)
- Movie Mode: [MOV]
- 3840 x 2160 (4K) / 30p,25p,24p / IPB (approx. 102 Mbps)
- 1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (SF, F, N)
- 1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 60p, 50p / IPB (SF, F, N)
- 1280 x 720 (HD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (SF, F, N)
- 60p: 59.94 fps, 50p: 50.00 fps, 30p: 29.97 fps, 25p: 25.00 fps, 24p: 23.98 fps
- FHD IPB (SF: SuperFine / approx. 52 Mbps, F: Fine / aprox. 30 Mbps, N: Normal / approx. 18 Mbps)
- HD IPB(SF: SuperFine / approx. 26Mbps, F: Fine / approx. 14Mbps, N: Normal / approx. 10Mbps)
- Maximum Video Recording Time: [MOV] Approx. 29min
- Art Filter Movie: Available (All Art Filters*) *Frame rates may drop when using Art Filters and Movie Effects.
- Movie Effect: One-shot echo / Multi echo / Art fade / Old film
- One-touch Movie Teleconverter: Approx. 4x (enlarges view of touched area) *Available in Movie Effects
- Timelapse Movie: [MOV]
- 3840x2160 (4K) / 5fps
- 1920x1080 (FHD) / 5fps, 10fps, 15fps
- 1280x720 (HD) / 5fps, 10fps, 15fps, 30fps
- Clips: 1, 2, 4, 8 sec. (Further continued shooting possible up to 16 seconds by pressing video record button again)
- High-speed movie: 120 fps (1280 x 720, MOV)
- IS for Movie:
- M-IS1* (Image sensor shift and electronic image stabilizer with multi motion IS),
- M-IS2 (Image sensor shift with multi motion IS), Off
- *While using M-IS1, the field of view may be affected.
- Grid Line / Focus Peaking: Available (off, normal grid, golden grid, trichotomy, scale, diagonal) / Available (4 colors for focus peaking)
- Live View Output via HDMI: Monitor Mode (outputs video and info display) *Video and info cannot be displayed on the camera and an output destination at the same time.
- AE Lock: Available
- Video Exposure Control: Program AE, aperture priority AE, shutter priority AE, manual
- Video File Size: .MOV Format: Max 4GB
- Audio Recording Format: Wave Format (Stereo linear PCM/16-bit, Sampling frequency 48kHz)
- Microphone / Speaker: Stereo / Mono
- Microphone Function:
- Wind noise reduction, recording volume (audio quality may be affected)
- Audio dubbing possible for still pictures (up to 30 sec.)
- GPS Info.Function
- Via smartphone GPS data
- Image Share
- File Type: JPEG1, MOV
- Connect to up to 4 devices simultaneously. Marking function for image share.
- Easy Connection
- QR Code Setting
- Wireless Shooting
- Live View
- Rec View
- Wireless Touch AF shutter
- Self Timer (w/Countdown guidance, Sequential shooting, Short movie recording capability)
- Wireless Release
- Power Off
- 1. Excluding MPO file
- 2. Selectable from iAuto / ART / PASM (Live Bulb, Live Time)
- Control settings for aperture, shutter speed, exposure, ISO sensitivity, white balance, and Drive Mode.
- Wireless Shooting with Smartphone:
- AUTO, SCN, ART, P, A, S, M (Live Bulb, Live Time, and Live Composite), and drive mode can be selected.
- Aperture, shutter speed, exposure, ISO sensitivity, white balance, and sequential shooting can be adjusted.
- *When in private connection.
- Live Guide: Saturation, Color, Brightness, Background Blur, Expressing Motion, Shooting Tips (Multiple effects can be used simultaneously)
- Playback Mode: Single-frame, information display, index display (4/9/25/100 frames), Clips, calendar, enlargement (2x -14x), video (with sound, FF/REW/Pause, Touch operation), Picture rotation (auto), slideshow (with sound and music), alternate music options, dubbed audio playback
- Information Display: Histogram (independent luminance / RGB available), Highlight/Shadow point warning, AF frame, Photographic information, OFF
- Editing Function: RAW data edit, Gradation auto, Monochrome, Sepia, Red-eye fix, Saturation, Resize (1280x960, 640x480, 320x240), Trimming, Aspect, e-Portrait, Image Overlay, Post recording
- RAW Image Editing Functions: RAW data edit based on settings of the camera (including e-Portrait, Color Creator, Art Filter, ART-BKT).
- Preview capability.
- Menu Languages (34 selectable): English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croat, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, Malay, Thai
- Dial Customization: Available (Dial Function)
- Button Customization: Available (Up to 12 functions can be assigned to buttons) *Including Off.
- Copyright Settings / Lens Info Settings: Available / Not Available
Connectivity / Power Requirements
- USB / AV / Remote Controller Connector: USB Micro-B
- HDMI Connector: Micro HDMI (Type-D)
- Flash Attachment: Hot shoe
- Wireless LAN: Built-in (IEEE 8.02.1b/g/n)
- Bluetooth: Built-in (Bluetooth Ver. 4.0)
- Battery: BLS-50 Li-ion battery (included)
- Number of Recordable Pictures: Approx. 350 shots
- Battery Life for Movie Recording:
- Approx. 80 min. (based on JEIA standards)
- Approx. 140 min. (when zoom and other operating functions are not used)
- When repeatedly recording at the maximum time of 29 min. with a fully charged battery and at ordinary temperature of approx.. 23℃.
- *May vary depending on recording conditions including temperature, movie quality
- Lens used: M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
- When recording 4K
Weights & Dimensions / Operating Environment / Box Contents
- Weight: Approx. 380g (with BLS-50 battery and Memory card, based on CIPA standards) Approx. 332g (body only)
- Dimensions: 117.1mm (W) X 68mm (H) X 39mm (D)
- Operating Temperature Range:
- 0 ~ +40°C (operation) / -20 ~ +60°C (storage)
- +32 ~ +104°F (operation) / -4 ~ +140°F (storage)
- Operating Humidity Range: 30 - 90% (operation) / 10 - 90% (storage)
- Box Contents: Body, USB cable, shoulder strap, instruction manual, warranty card, BLS-50 Li-ion battery, BCS-5 Li-ion battery charger