Nikon Z 8 Mirrorless Camera
Nikon Z 8 Mirrorless Camera
SKU: # nkl-1695
Add a Spare Battery
Price as Configured
Articles & Videos About This Item ALL ARTICLES ALL VIDEOS
Overview / Product Description
Nikon Z 8 FX-format Mirrorless Camera
The Ultimate Hybrid Camera
Powerful performance. Professional build. Compact, lightweight handling. A dream camera for videos and stills.
Packed with Z 9 flagship technology.
- Captivating. 45.7MP stills with beautiful colors.
- All in one. Unrivaled in-camera 8K UHD video capabilities.
- Fast. Burst speeds up to 120 fps for stills.
- Powerful. Nikon's most advanced image processing engine.
- Unmatched. All-electronic shutter with the world’s least rolling shutter distortion.
- Intelligent. Autofocus with subject detection developed from deep learning.
- Advanced. Real-Live Viewfinder with zero blackout.
- 12-bit N-RAW: Up to 8K/60p and 4K/120p: All the depth and detail of 12-bit RAW in a file half the size of ProRes RAW HQ files.
- 12-bit ProRes RAW HQ: Up to 4K/60p: A professional go-to for its flexibility, consistency and practicality when editing footage taken by different types of cameras all using this codec.
- 10-bit ProRes 422 HQ: Up to 4K/60p: An industry standard for its rich depth and detail, easy grading and flexibility to edit on-the-go from a laptop.
- Full HD Proxy Files: Simultaneously created in-camera when shooting in ProRes RAW and N-RAW, making editing footage a quicker and smoother process.
- N-Log Profile: Utilizes extensive color depth and dynamic range to give more control over the look of your final footage.
A dream for photography.
45.7MP stills, more flexible than ever.
- RAW 14-bit: Capture the full dynamic range, color and image information captured by the Z 8’s exceptional 45.7MP full-frame sensor.
- High Efficiency RAW 14-bit: Retain the outstanding image quality of traditional RAW with approximately 1/3 smaller file size.
- HEIF 10-bit: Richer tonal gradation than JPEG with increased luminance at a comparable file size. Great for stills and creating 8K HLG time-lapse videos in-camera.
- JPEG 8-bit: Applies all of the camera settings to the file for smaller file sizes and quick, easy use.
Blazing fast frame rates.With unrivaled burst speeds and a seemingly bottomless buffer the Z 8 gives you the edge when photographing birds, sports, weddings and once-in-a-lifetime moments.
- 20 fps RAW and JPEG
- 30 fps JPEG Fine
- 60 fps JPEG Normal DX Crop Mode
- 120 fps11MP JPEG
All-electronic shutter with no moving parts.Performs at lighting-fast speeds with no vibration, noise or wear and tear and virtually no rolling shutter distortion.
Recover the shots you missed with Pre-Release Capture.The Z 8 can record the moments before and after you actually press the shutter release button, saving shots that would otherwise have been missed.
Taking a shot in the dark is no longer a shot in the dark.
- Illuminated Buttons: Major buttons are softly illuminated for easier operation in the dark.
- Image Frame Display: Easily confirm your composition with a thin line indicating the image frame.
- Viewfinder Brightness: Optimize the brightness of the EVF with Lo1 or Lo2 to reduce eye strain.
- Warm Display Colors: Preserve your night vision with warm red menu tones and reduced brightness.
- Starlight View: AF detection range expands to -9.0 EV and display optimizes for confirming of point light sources.
Creativity, built right in.
- Creative Picture Controls
- Motion Blend
- Interval Shooting
- 900-sec. Long Exposure
- Focus Shift Photography
- Multiple Exposure Mode
Fast, accurate autofocus.
Nikon’s most advanced autofocus system.
- Sophisticated AF algorithm. Developed using deep learning technology.
- Performs in extreme low light. Focus all the way down to -9.0 EV.
- Combines subject detection and 3D tracking. Follows the fastest, most erratic subjects.
- Detects and tracks more subjects than any other mirrorless system. People, cats, dogs, birds, airplanes, motorbikes, vehicles, bicycles and trains.
- Eye AF for Videos and Stills: Lock on to the eyes of people, pets and birds, even when they’re small in the frame, covered by hair, glasses or goggles, right-side up or upside down.
- Custom Focus Areas: Wide-area AF offers 20 custom options for defining your focus area. Ensure the bride and groom are in sharp focus, even when wedding guests are in the foreground.
- Enhanced Low-light Focusing: Subject detection and AF work all the way down to -6.5 EV. Activate Starlight Mode, and focus all the way down to -9 EV.
Z mount: Bigger. Better.
- Edge-to-Edge Sharpness: With more light reaching the sensor, fine details and textures are captured faithfully across the entire frame, from corner to corner.
- Dreamy Bokeh: NIKKOR Z lenses transform out-of-focus areas into a smooth, beautiful blur that makes subjects stand out.
- More Light Gathering: With the largest full-frame mount of any mirrorless system, Z series lenses have larger rear elements that deliver more light to the sensor.
- Reduced Focus Breathing: Many NIKKOR Z lenses all but eliminate focus breathing, maintaining a consistent viewing angle while pulling focus in videos.
- Faster Lens-to-Camera Communication: The wide diameter of the Z mount accommodates more communication points, enabling larger amounts of metering and autofocus data to be shared between the lens and camera.
Use DSLR lenses with no loss of image quality.Attach the FTZ II Mount Adapter (sold separately) and use over approximately 360 Nikon F-Mount lenses with no loss of image quality and all the benefits of the Z 8’s extraordinary sensor, image processing and in-body image stabilization.
In-body stabilization means every lens has VR.The Z 8 has 5.5 stops of 5-axis image stabilization built right into its body (6.0 stops when using a NIKKOR Z lens that supports Synchro VR). That means even prime lenses get the benefits of VR for steadier video footage, more low-light capabilities and sharper results overall.
- Two USB Type C Ports: One USB data connector (SuperSpeed USB) for file transfers and connecting accessories, another dedicated for charging and providing constant power.
- Network Menu: Dedicated tab giving you quick access to key settings.
- 1000BASE-T Wired-LAN: The USB Type C data connector port supports IEEE 802.3ab gigabit Ethernet with a compatible adapter.
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi: pload images to a secure FTP server straight from the camera.
- Effective Pixels: 45.7 million
- Sensor Size: 23.9 mm x 35.9 mm
- Image Sensor Format: FX
- Storage Media:
- SD (Secure Digital) and UHS-II compliant SDHC and SDXC memory cards
- CFexpress (Type B)
- XQD Type Memory
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 64–25600 in step sizes of 1/3 and 1 EV - can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 32 equivalent) below ISO 64 or to approx. 0.3, 0.7, 1, or 2 EV (ISO 102400 equivalent) above ISO 25600; auto ISO sensitivity control available - Note: ISO sensitivity is limited to 400–25600 when HLG is selected for tone mode.
- 8K UHD 7,680 × 4,320 / 30p (progressive)
- 8K UHD 7,680 × 4,320 /25p/24p
- 4K UHD 3,840 × 2,160 /120p/100p/60p50p/30p/25p/24p
- Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 /120p/100p/60p/50p/30p/25p/24p
- Actual frame rates for 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 119.88, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively
- Monitor Size: 3.2 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type: Vertically and horizontally tilting TFT touch-sensitive LCD
- Battery / Batteries: One EN-EL15c rechargeable Li-ion battery - EN‑EL15b and EN‑EL15a batteries can be used in place of the EN‑EL15c. Note, however, that fewer pictures can be taken on a single charge than with the EN‑EL15c. EH‑7P charging AC adapters and EH‑8P AC adapters can be used to charge EN‑EL15c and EN‑EL15b batteries only.
- Approx. Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth): 5.7 in. (144 mm) x 4.7 in. (118.5 mm) x 3.3 in. (83 mm)
- Approx. Weight: 32.1 oz. (910 g)