Nikon Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 Lens
Nikon Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 Lens
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Nikon Nikkor Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 lens
Small Lens. Big Performance.Nikon Z series has redefined expectations on so many levels, it's no surprise the traditional kit lens is next. Meet the NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3, a full-frame, conventional kit lens with unconventional performance. Easy to carry, an absolute thrill to shoot, it covers the sweet spot of the focal length range: 24mm to 50mm. And it does so with clarity, consistency, and brightness that's all Z.
Easy to carry. A thrill to shoot.The NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 packs big optical performance into the shortest, lightest full-frame standard zoom lens in its class. At its widest, 24mm, it's great for street photography, interiors, and landscapes. Zoom in to 50mm and capture beautiful portraits, product images, and everyday snapshots.
Sreet ReadyWhen not in use, the NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 retracts into itself and is just 51mm long. It's wonderfully balanced on Z series cameras and is also extensively weather-sealed against dust and moisture, making it ideal as a walk around, do-anything lens.
Edge-to-Edge BrightnessTaking advantage of the Z mount, the NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3's large rear element delivers ample light to the edges of a full-frame sensor. This makes for bright, even images with exceptional sharpness.
High Contrast, Low DistortionThree Aspherical lens elements (AS) minimize coma and other types of distortion, especially aberrations caused by shooting at wide apertures. Two Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements reduce color defects and glare for sharper, clearer images with great contrast.
Near SilentThe NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 uses a fast, quiet stepping motor for autofocusing and diaphragm control, ensuring camera noises never disturb a moment or ruin a video.
No Focus BreathingBy suppressing focus breathing, the NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 refocuses smoothly during video recording for professional-looking results.
Get CloseGet as close as 13.7 inches from your subject at any zoom position — great for tabletop photography.
Smooth, click-free iris controlThe NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 delivers smooth, natural exposure changes with automatic exposure control during movie recording. You can also adjust the aperture manually with a click-free control ring for silent iris transitions.
Solid DesignThe NIKKOR Z 24-50mm f/4-6.3 is designed to optimize dust- and drip-resistant performance* — with a sealing that prevents dust and water droplets from entering the lens.
Custom Control RingThe smooth control ring can be set to control focus, aperture, exposure compensation, or ISO.
- Stepping Motor: NIKKOR Z lenses use a stepping motor for fast, accurate, smooth, quiet autofocus with reduced wobbling. This quiet drive system makes the lenses ideal for use when shooting video.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- Aspherical Lens: A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other types of lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture. They are particularly useful in correcting distortion in wide-angle lenses and help contribute to a lighter, more compact design by reducing the number of standard (spherical) elements necessary. Aspherical lens elements correct these distortions by continuously changing the refractive index from the center of the lens.
- Electromagnetic Diaphragm Mechanism: An electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism in the lens barrel provides highly accurate electronic diaphragm or aperture blade control when using auto exposure during continuous shooting. With conventional D/G type lenses, the diaphragm blades are operated by mechanical linkage levers.
- IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- Super Integrated Coating: Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of the optical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- Mount Type: Nikon Z Mount
- Focal Length Range: 24 - 50mm
- Zoom Ratio: 2x
- Maximum Aperture: f/4-6.3
- Minimum Aperture: f/22-36
- Format: FX
- Maximum Angle of View (DX-format): 61˚
- Minimum Angle of View (DX-format): 31° 30'
- Maximum Angle of View (FX-format): 84˚
- Minimum Angle of View (FX-format): 47°
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio: 0.17x - 50mm zoom position
- Lens Elements: 11
- Lens Groups: 10
- Diaphragm Blades: 7 - Rounded diaphragm opening
- ED Glass Elements: 2
- Aspherical Elements: 3
- Super Integrated Coating: Yes
- Autofocus: Yes
- AF Actuator: STM (stepping motor)
- Internal Focusing: Yes
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.15 ft. (0.35m) from focal plane at all zoom positions
- Filter Size: 52mm
- Approx. Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 2.9 in. (73.5 mm) x 2.1 in. (51 mm)
- Distance from camera lens mount flange Based on CIPA guidelines
- Approx. Weight: 6.9 oz. (195 g) Based on CIPA guidelines
- Lens Type: Zoom