Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Nikon D800, D800E DSLR Cameras
<ul> <li>DL Port System</li> <li>Vacuum System Ready</li> <li>Electronic TTL Compatible</li> <li>200' (60m) depth rating</li> </ul>
SKU: # ike-71011
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Nikon D800, D800E DSLR Cameras
A full featured and durable waterproof housing for Nikon D800 and D800E DSLR cameras. Suitable for scuba, snorkel, surf, pool, and any application in or around the water.
This housing requires the addition of a compatible DL Lens Port for waterproof operation. Lens Port not included.
Introduced in 2012, the Nikon D800 has a huge 36MP full frame sensor in a rugged, professional grade body.
Lens PortsThis housing features Ikelite's robust new Dry Lock (DL) port system. "Dry Lock" refers to the placement of the o-ring on the outside of the port mount. This improves visibility and reduces the chances of water dropping onto your precious camera sensor. DL ports are the lightest on the market, yet robust and capable of standing up to rough surf. Attachment is quick and secure. A system of extensions can accommodate a huge variety of lenses with ease.
Most popular zoom lenses and select lens focus rings can be engaged using a simple yet effective gearing system that puts adjustment right at your fingertips. A large, soft-touch lobed knob on the side of the housing makes fine-tuned adjustments a breeze. Zoom and focus gears differ depending on which lens you are using. All are lightweight and affordable. Refer to the DL System Port Chart to choose the correct gear. Zoom gears sold separately.
Legacy Four Lock Port CompatibilityDue to differences in mount diameter and zoom engagement, DL and FL system ports cannot be used interchangeably. The DL port mount may be removed using a T15 Torx bit and replaced with old style Port Locks for FL Port System (Set of 4) # 5509.04 for legacy users with standard or modular ports from Ikelite's Four Lock system. This modification will prevent the use of newer DL ports. Re-installation of the DL port base will require the housing to be returned to Ikelite or an Authorized Dealer and may incur additional service charges. The housing cannot be converted back and forth repeatedly.
There are significant advantages to upgrading your lens ports which you can read about here. The FL system does not accommodate larger diameter full frame lenses like the Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED. If you're shooting an 8" diameter dome, you'll also save almost 2 pounds by switching to the DL version.
Vacuum SystemThe included vacuum valve allows you to pressurize the housing to check for leaks prior to putting your expensive equipment in the water. Use of the vacuum valve requires a compatible Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011, sold separately.
There is no greater assurance than being able to see your camera and o-ring seal through the back of the housing. Ikelite's signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the O-ring into a channel. Once the housing is closed you can see the o-ring form a solid, waterproof seal.
TTL ExposureThis housing supports your choice of shooting manual strobes or adding TTL electronics depending on your application.
You can enjoy the fastest and most accurate TTL exposure on the market by adding the Nikon TTL Converter # 4301.3, NT2 Nikon TTL Hotshoe # 46064, and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. Exposure compensation can be used added or subtracted in the camera.
The flash bulkhead has been moved to the top of the case for improved cord routing and reduced strain. Reliable locking connectors between the hotshoe and bulkhead make it easy to install the optional TTL electronics or carry back up parts when traveling to remote locations.
Controls and Set-UpShutter and AE-L/AF-L levers stand out with super sensitive and natural feeling curved levers. Both controls can be extended using the optional Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93 for more comfortable use when using a right-hand quick release handle.
All push-button controls are machined and hard anodized aluminum to reduce weight and resist salt build-up. The back of the housing is laser engraved with control symbols which will never fade or fall off.
The camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
ViewfindersThe included Super-Eye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's optical viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. The viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder # 6890 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6891.1. The angle of a 45º viewfinder is more ergonomic when shooting underwater plus it provides a larger and brighter view than the standard Super-Eye.
Handling & TravelThe housing, tray, and handles have been optimized to reduce weight while maintaining strength and durability. The Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 (sold separately) can be added or removed depending on your needs. The precision machined aluminum base features 1/4-20 tripod mounting sockets and additional mounting locations for future accessories. The base and handle can be quickly removed when breaking down your system for travel.
A 1/4-20 threaded mounting point is located front and center on the housing above the lens port mount. This mount can be used to attach lightweight accessories like a focus light or GoPro camera.
If you're shooting with two strobe or lighting arms, then a top handle can be added to carry to and from the dive site. Top handles are available in a Cable Grip # 4080.07 or Aluminum Top Handle # 4080.08. The rigid aluminum version provides additional mounting points for lighting and accessories.
ConstructionIkelite's new ABS-PC blend front is stronger than its clear counterpart, provides improved contrast and visibility, and keeps your camera running cooler in the sun.
Every housing is made in the USA, individually inspected for fit, and water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m).
Non-Ikelite StrobesSEA&SEA, INON, and Retra strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital StrobesOlder non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
Fiber OpticFiber optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by an electrical sync cord.
Remote TriggeringStrobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by an electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter # 4403 or the Water Wizard system (manufactured and sold by Aquatica).
CompatibilityThis housing is only compatible with Nikon D800 and D800E cameras as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories.
Differences in lens and control placement prevent other DSLR models, including the newer D810, from being used in this housing. Ikelite is not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
- 200' (60m) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- Controls are provided for all important camera controls;
- Controls are not provided for Focus selector lock, Metering Selector, Diopter adjustment control, Eyepiece shutter lever, Release mode dial, Release mode dial lock release, Flash pop-up button, Depth-of-field preview button, Fn Function button
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on the choice of lens and port
- 4.8 lb (2.2 kg)
- 9.4 x 6.8 x 6.7" (239 x 173 x 170 mm)
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 1 year limited warranty
In the Box
- Rear O-ring # 0132.61 (installed)
- Front O-ring # 0132.45 (installed)
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67
- Port Hole Cover # 0200.92 (installed)
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.5 (installed)
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900 (installed)
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06
- 4-40 Hex Key # 0945.11
- 1/16" Hex Key # 0945.16
- 1/8" Hex Key # 0945.18
- Silicone Lubricant 2cc Tube # 0184.2
- Spare Rear O-Ring # 0132.61 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Spare Front O-Ring # 0132.45 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011 Pressurize the housing to check for leaks prior to entering the water.
- Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 Makes a double tray for easier handling and a second attachment point for strobes or lights.
- Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93 Recommended if using the Right-Hand Quick Release Handle. Brings shutter and/or AF-ON lever out to handle for more comfortable use.
- Nikon TTL Converter # 4301.3 Fast, accurate, automatic TTL strobe exposure when used together with compatible Ikelite DS strobes.
- NT2 Nikon TTL Hotshoe # 46064 Required when using the Nikon TTL Converter.
- 45º Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6891.1 Brighter, larger, and more ergonomic positioning when shooting underwater. Rotates for landscape or portrait shots.
- Adding an external strobe or video light enhances your photos' color and sharpness underwater. If you will be shooting below 45 ft (13m) or in an indoor pool, your photos will be predominantly blue-green without an artificial light source. Read more about strobe options