Sony a6700 Mirrorless Camera
Sony a6700 Mirrorless Camera
Add a Spare Camera Battery
Add the Battery Charger
Battery Charger & Charging Cables are NOT Included.
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Sony a6700 APS-C Mirrorless Camera
Next-generation creativity on the goThe α6700 combines the latest AI technology with Sony's outstanding α-series image quality in a compact APS-C camera body. Offering enhanced subject recognition, the latest technology for capturing stills and movies, and E-mount lens compatibility, the lightweight α6700 is designed for creative adventures, anytime, anywhere.
A window for your world
APS-C format Exmor R back-illuminated CMOS sensorThe advanced Exmor R CMOS image sensor with 26.0 effective megapixels is packed with Sony's image sensor technologies. It offers extraordinary sensitivity, resolution, and dynamic range, thanks to its back-illuminated format, gapless on-chip lenses, and AR coating (anti-reflection seal glass).
BIONZ XR processing power for exceptional image qualityWith up to eight times more processing power than previous versions, the latest BIONZ XR image processing engine delivers natural gradations and realistic colors with low noise for stills and movies.
Wide dynamic range for diverse shooting scenariosThe α6700's standard sensitivity ranges from a low ISO 100 to ISO 32000, and offers a wide dynamic range so that natural gradations can be captured in high-contrast scenes without blown highlights or blocked shadows.
Consistently accurate exposure and colorThe α6700 offers impressive exposure control. It's equipped with a new AE algorithm, initially developed for full-frame models, which enables it to accurately detect the skin area of faces and adjust exposure accordingly when shooting stills and movies. It can also maintain realistic colors under a wide range of light sources, from sunlight through to theater and stadium lighting, and produce more natural skin tones, sky, and foliage colors.
Choose your Creative LookThe Creative Look setting offers greater creative flexibility with added simplicity. It provides 10 presets that can be used just as they are or customized via 8 adjustable parameters to suit the subject or scene, whether you’re shooting stills, movies, or live-streaming. You can easily set the mood ahead of shooting so your images are ready to share immediately.
5-axis optical image stabilizationShoot hand-held or in low-light with confidence — the 5-axis in-body optical image stabilization system is supported by precision gyro sensors to deliver up to 5-steps of shake compensation. It detects and compensates for various types of camera shake, including angular (pitch/yaw) shake that is more apparent at longer focal lengths, or when shooting with slower shutter speeds.
Precise compensation at the single-pixel levelThrough enhanced design and control of key parameters, the α6700 provides precise detection and control right down to the single-pixel level, taking full advantage of the sensor's 26.0-megapixel resolution to produce images that capture all the finer details.
Selectable RAW file types and qualityIn addition to compressed RAW capture, the α6700 supports lossless compressed RAW capture that provides efficient compression, allowing a greater number of high-quality images to be shot in continuous bursts. A new Light image quality selection that generates less data is provided for JPEG and HEIF images.
HEIF: High compression with excellent image qualityFor the first time in an APS-C camera, the α6700 includes the HEIF (High-Efficiency Image File) format with smooth 10-bit gradations for more realistic reproduction of skies and portrait skin tones. The HEIF format also uses advanced compression technology to maintain image quality while significantly reducing file size and saving storage space.
Innovative AI processingThe α6700 is equipped with an innovative AI processing unit that greatly enhances its performance, including more accurate recognition for a wider range of subjects.
Human pose estimationThe α6700 uses subject form data to recognize movement, achieving greatly improved human eye recognition. It also employs learned human forms and postures to precisely recognize body and head positions, making it possible to lock onto and track a subject facing away from the camera, or with their face partly obscured by a helmet or sunglasses.
Wider subject recognitionIn addition to humans and animals, the α6700 now recognizes birds, insects, cars, trains, and airplanes, providing even greater flexibility and reliability when shooting both stills and movies. Heads and bodies are recognized in addition to eyes (Real-time Eye AF) for the Human and Animal settings, and now for the Bird setting too, with animal recognition performance more than 40% higher compared to the α6600.
Smarter Real-time TrackingThe upgraded and more reliable AI-based Real-time Tracking makes shooting in a wider range of situations simpler, leaving you free to concentrate on framing and composition. The α6700 can even track people wearing helmets or animals facing away from the camera.
Shooting responsibly when using face registrationThe face registration feature involves the use of biometric data. You are responsible for your collection and use of such data, and compliance with applicable local law. For more details, please visit the website below.
Movie performance inherited from the Cinema Line
4K movie recording for stunning qualityThe α6700 captures 4K (QFHD: 3840 x 2160) at up to 60p (50p) using Sony's proprietary 6K oversampling technology. By compressing this expanded detail into the output, it achieves 4K video quality with outstanding definition, even at higher frame rates. The camera also supports high-quality XAVC S-I (All-Intra) and XAVC HS formats with 10-bit 4:2:2 color sampling.
High frame rate 4K 120p (100p) recordingHigh frame rate recording at up to 120p for 4K QFHD (3840 x 2160) output makes it possible to capture high-resolution movies in-camera. This expands creative possibilities in post-production by allowing the subject motion to be emphasized or transformed into smooth slow motion. S&Q mode also enables the recording of slow or quick motion sequences in camera from the outset.
Expressive S-CinetoneIncorporating the same color science as the highly regarded CineAlta and Cinema Line, the α6700 includes Sony's S-Cinetone picture profile as a preset, delivering images with more faithful color reproduction and natural skin tones.
S-Log3 gamma curve with 14+ stops of latitudeThe S-Log3 gamma curve emphasizes gradation characteristics from shadows to mid-grey (18% grey), achieving up to 14+ stops of latitude for flexible and creative color editing.
Real-time Tracking for moviesAI-based Real-time Tracking provides a dramatic improvement in Real-time Tracking performance, automatically recognizing, tracking, and focusing on the eyes of a specified subject. In addition to using the Touch Tracking function to initiate tracking, a custom button can be used to temporarily track a selected subject regardless of the subject's position in the frame and the focus area setting.
Active Mode for enhanced movie image stabilizationActive Mode provides powerful image stabilization for handheld movie shooting. The α6700 can accurately measure camera shake which is then precisely compensated for optically, providing highly effective stabilization without sacrificing mobility, even when shooting 4K.
Outstanding control and reliability
Made for your handsWith its compact shape and lightweight 493-gram body, the α6700 offers remarkable portability and maneuverability without compromising image quality. A new grip design provides a solid, even more, comfortable hold on the camera while giving greater control for shooting both stills and movies.
High-performance electronic viewfinderA 2.36 million-dot (approx.) XGA OLED electronic viewfinder with approximately 1.07x magnification delivers an exceptional view of your world. With twice the brightness of the α6600 and a wider 33-degree viewing angle, it offers clear, easy viewing while shooting. The finder frame rate can be set to 120 fps — twice the normal rate — for a smooth viewfinder image, with minimum display motion blur when tracking and shooting moving subjects.
Enhanced shooting flexibility with vari-angle monitorThe α6700 features a large 3.0-type 1.03 million-dot (approx.) touch-panel LCD monitor with a 3:2 aspect ratio and side-opening vary-angle flexibility. This allows greater positioning and framing freedom, giving you plenty of creative options for the handheld and gimbal-mounted shooting of stills and movies.
Intuitive touch controlJust touch the screen to activate key functions, such as selecting a focus point or subject to track, or triggering the shutter. Swiping in from the left or right edge of the shooting display reveals touch icons that allow quick changes to the shooting mode and other settings. The function (Fn) menu can also be displayed by a simple swipe-up. During playback, you can easily select and zoom into images through taps and intuitive pinch-out/pinch-in gestures.
Improved menu structureResponding to feedback from professional photographers and videographers, the α6700 comes with a new Main Menu structure similar to the latest full-frame α series models. The logical layout provides more efficient access to important shooting parameters, such as frame rate, shutter speed, and more. It can be assigned to a custom key for quick access when needed, and touch operation means that adjusting key settings has never been faster.
Visualize your world with E-mount lenses
More than 70 E-mount lenses to choose fromTake your pick from a comprehensive range of E-mount lenses from Sony. Our acclaimed line-up includes the full-frame G Master series that blends breathtaking resolution with exquisite bokeh and the G Lens series that offers excellent image quality and value. Combined with an APS-C body, Sony's ultra-wide lenses can capture sweeping scenery or large subjects in a single frame, while telephoto lenses, assisted by the 1.5 crop factor of APS-C cameras and teleconverter lenses as needed, make it possible to capture distant subjects with stunning clarity and detail.
Accessories expand creative horizonsA variety of high-performance compatible microphones can be connected to the camera’s Multi Interface Shoe for direct, noise-free digital audio transfer to the camera. Or choose from a variety of high-output flash units such as the HVL-F60RM2 that support high-speed continuous shooting, giving you even more ways to capture creative imagery.
Clear Image Zoom
- Still images: Approx. 2x
- Movies: Approx. 1.5x (4K), Approx. 2x (HD)
- METERING SENSITIVITY: EV-3 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Metering Type: 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Exposure Compensation: +/- 5.0 EV (1/3 EV, 1/2 EV steps selectable)
- ISO Sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index): Still images: ISO 100 - 32000 (expandable to ISO 50 - 102400), AUTO (ISO 100 - 6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit) Movies: ISO 100 - 32000 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 100 - 6400, selectable lower limit and upper limit)
- Anti-Flicker Shoot.: Yes
- Flash compensation: +/- 3.0 EV (switchable between 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Control: Pre-flash TTL
- External Flash Compatibility: Sony α System Flash compatible with Multi Interface Shoe, attach the shoe adaptor for flash compatible with Auto-lock accessory shoe
- type: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF / contrast-detection AF)
- FOCUS POINT: Still images: Max. 759 points (phase-detection AF) Movies: Max. 495 points (phase-detection AF)
- Other Features: AF Track Sens. (Still), AF Subj. Shift Sensitivity (Movie), AF Transition Speed (Movie), Switch V/H AF Area, AF Area Regist., Circ. of Focus Point, Focus Map (Movie), AF Assist (Movie)
- AF illuminator: Yes (with Built-in LED type)
- Focus Sensitivity Range: EV-3 to EV20 (ISO100 equivalent with F2.0 lens attached)
- Recognition Target (Still images): Human, Animal, Bird, Insect, Car, Train, Airplane
- Recognition Target (Movies): Human, Animal, Bird, Insect, Car, Train, Airplane
- Touch Panel: Yes
- Number of Dots: 1,036,800 dots
- Adjustable Angle: Opening Angle: Approx. 176°, Rotation Angle: Approx. 270°
- type: 7.5 cm (3.0-type) type TFT
- Slow & Quick Motion (S&Q): Yes
- Proxy Recording: Yes
- TC/UB: Yes
Movie Recording Format (XAVC HS 4K)
- 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 10bit) (Approx.): 119.88p (200 Mbps), 100p (200 Mbps), 59.94p (150 Mbps / 75 Mbps / 45 Mbps), 50p (150 Mbps / 75 Mbps / 45 Mbps), 23.98p (100 Mbps / 50 Mbps / 30 Mbps)
- 3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.): 119.88p (280 Mbps), 100p (280 Mbps), 59.94p (200 Mbps / 100 Mbps), 50p (200 Mbps / 100 Mbps), 23.98p (100 Mbps / 50 Mbps)
Movie Recording Format (XAVC S 4K)
- 3840 x 2160 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.): 119.88p (200 Mbps), 100p (200 Mbps), 59.94p (150 Mbps), 50p (150 Mbps), 29.97p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps), 25p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps), 23.98p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps)
- 3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.): 119.88p (280 Mbps), 100p (280 Mbps), 59.94p (200 Mbps), 50p (200 Mbps), 29.97p (140 Mbps), 25p (140 Mbps), 23.98p (100 Mbps)
Movie Recording Format (XAVC S HD)
- 1920 x 1080 (4:2:0, 8bit) (Approx.): 119.88p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps), 100p (100 Mbps / 60 Mbps), 59.94p (50 Mbps / 25 Mbps), 50p (50 Mbps / 25 Mbps), 29.97p (50 Mbps / 16 Mbps), 25p (50 Mbps / 16 Mbps), 23.98p (50 Mbps)
- 1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.): 59.94p (50 Mbps), 50p (50 Mbps), 29.97p (50 Mbps), 25p (50 Mbps), 23.98p (50 Mbps)
Movie Recording Format (XAVC S-I 4K)
- 3840 x 2160 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.): 59.94p (600 Mbps), 50p (500 Mbps), 29.97p (300 Mbps), 25p (250 Mbps), 23.98p (240 Mbps)
Movie Recording Format (XAVC S-I HD)
- 1920 x 1080 (4:2:2, 10bit) (Approx.): 59.94p (222 Mbps), 50p (185 Mbps), 29.97p (111 Mbps), 25p (93 Mbps), 23.98p (89 Mbps)
- With Viewfinder: Still images: Approx. 3.6 W (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached), Movies: Approx. 5.2 W (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- With LCD screen: Still images: Approx. 3.5 W (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached), Movies: Approx. 5.3 W (with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached)
- Memory Card Slot: Slot for SD (UHS-I/II compliant) memory card
Recording system (movie)
- Video Compression: XAVC S: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 XAVC HS: MPEG-H HEVC/H.265
- Audio Recording Format: LPCM 2ch (48 kHz 16 bit), LPCM 2ch (48 kHz 24 bit), LPCM 4ch (48 kHz 24 bit)
- Recording system (still image): Recording Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver. 2.32, MPF Baseline compliant), HEIF (MPEG-A MIAF compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 4.0 format compliant)
- Image Size (pixels) [3:2]: APS-C L: 6192 x 4128 (26 M), M: 4384 x 2920 (13 M), S: 3104 x 2064 (6.4 M)
- Image Quality Modes: RAW, JPEG, HEIF (4:2:0 / 4:2:2), RAW & JPEG, RAW & HEIF
- RAW Output: Yes
- Shutter Type: Mechanical shutter / Electronic shutter
- SHUTTER SPEED: Still images (Mechanical shutter): 1/4000 to 30 s, Bulb Still images (Electronic shutter): 1/8000 to 30 s Movies: 1/8000 to 1 s
- Flash Sync. Speed: 1/160 s
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter: Yes (ON/OFF)
- VIDEO DATA FORMAT: MJPEG, YUV420
- Video Resolution: 3840 x 2160 (15p / 30p) 3840 x 2160 (12.5p / 25p) 1920 x 1080 (30p / 60p) 1920 x 1080 (25p / 50p) 1280 x 720 (30p) 1280 x 720 (25p)
- AUDIO DATA FORMAT: LPCM 2ch (16bit 48 kHz)
- Viewfinder Type: 1.0 cm (0.39 type) electronic viewfinder (XGA OLED)
- Magnification: Approx. 1.07x (35 mm camera equivalent: Approx. 0.70x) with 50 mm lens at infinity, -1 m⁻¹
- Eye Point: Approx. 22 mm from the eyepiece lens, 19.4 mm from the eyepiece frame at -1 m⁻¹ (CIPA standard)
- Number of Dots: 2 359 296 dots
- Dioptre Adjustment: -4.0 to +3.0 m⁻¹
- Finder Frame Rate Selection: NTSC mode: STD 60fps / HI 120fps, PAL mode: STD 50fps / HI 100fps
- Body only: Approx. 409g / 14.5oz
- Weight (with battery and memory card included): Approx. 494g / 1 lb 1.4 oz
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 122.0 x 69.0 x 75.1 mm, Approx. 122.0 x 69.0 x 63.6 mm (FROM GRIP TO MONITOR)
- Dimensions (W x H x D) (in.): Approx. 4 7/8 x 2 3/4 x 3 inches, Approx. 4 7/8 x 2 3/4 x 2 5/8 inches (FROM GRIP TO MONITOR)
- Continuous Drive Speed (approx. max.): Hi+: 11 fps
- No. of recordable frames (approx.): JPEG Extra fine L: 143 frames JPEG Fine L: over 1000 frames JPEG Standard L: over 1000 frames RAW: 59 frames RAW & JPG: 44 frames RAW (Lossless Compressed): 23 frames RAW (Lossless Compressed) & JPEG: 18 frames
- Pixel Shift Multi Shooting: -
- type: Image sensor-shift mechanism with 5-axis compensation (compensation depends on lens specifications)
- Mode: Still images: On / Off Movie: Active / Standard / Off
- Compensation Effect: 5.0 stops (based on CIPA standard. Pitch/yaw shake only. With FE 50mm F1.2 GM lens mounted. Long exposure NR off.)
- Setting: Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion, Breathing (Movie)
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 40 ℃ / 32 - 104 °F
- Microphone: Built-in, stereo
- Speaker: Built-in, monaural
- Number of Pixels (Effective): Still images: Approx. 26.0 megapixels max. Movies: Approx. 19.9 megapixels max.
- Number of Pixels (total): Approx. 27.0 megapixels
- type: APS-C type (23.3 x 15.5 mm), Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Color Temperature Range: 2500 K - 9900 K
- Anti-Dust System: Yes
- HD Output: HDMI micro connector (Type-D), 3840 x 2160 (59.94p / 50p / 29.97p / 25p / 23.98p) / 1920 x 1080 (59.94p / 50p / 23.98p) / 1920 x 1080 (59.94i / 50i), YCbCr 4:2:2 10bit / RGB 8bit
- Multi Interface Shoe: Yes (with Digital Audio Interface)
- PC Interface: Mass Storage / MTP
- Multi / Micro USB Terminal: -
- NFC: -
- Sync terminal: -
- Wireless LAN (Built-In): Yes (Wi-Fi Compatible, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 GHz band/5 GHz band)),
- Bluetooth: Yes (Bluetooth Standard Ver. 4.2 (2.4 GHz band))
- Mic Terminal: Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Headphone Terminal: Yes (3.5 mm Stereo minijack)
- Remote Control (Wireless): Yes (Bluetooth remote control)
- LAN Terminal: -
- USB Type-C® Terminal: Yes (SuperSpeed USB 5 Gbps (USB 3.2) compatible)
- Functions: Send to Smartphone Remote control via smartphone PC Remote
- Modes: Enlarged display mode, Protect, Rating, Shot Mark (Movie), Divider Frame, Crop, Photo Capture
- USB Power Supply: Yes (Available with USB Type-C Terminal. USB Power Delivery compatible)
- Supplied Battery: One rechargeable battery pack NP-FZ100
- Battery Life (Movie, continuous recording): Approx. 190 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 185 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Internal Battery Charge: Yes (Available with USB Type-C Terminal. USB Power Delivery compatible)
- Battery Life (Still Images): Approx. 550 shots (Viewfinder) / Approx. 570 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Battery Life (Movie, actual recording): Approx. 95 min (Viewfinder) / Approx. 100 min (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
- Functions: Screen Reader, Focus Magnifier, Focus Map (Movie), Peaking Display, Subject Recognition in AF, Touch Focus, Touch Tracking, Touch Shutter, Touch AE, Vari-angle LCD screen, Custom function
What's In The Box
- Supplied Accessory: Rechargeable Battery NP-FZ100, Shoulder strap, Body cap, Accessory shoe cap, Eyepiece cup
- Other Features: Soft Skin Effect, Creative Look, Custom function, Picture Profile, Time-lapse, Auto Framing, My Image Style