Panasonic LUMIX GH5 II Camera GH5M2
Panasonic LUMIX GH5 II Camera GH5M2
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Panasonic LUMIX GH5 II Micro 4/3 Mirrorless Camera GH5M2
- THE ICONIC GH5, NOW WITH LIVE STREAMING: Attention hybrid content creators—the GH5M2 supports both wired and wireless unlimited live streaming for indoors and outdoors, together with a USB Power Delivery feature.
- VIDEO FORMAT OPTIONS FOR PROFESSIONAL USE: The GH5M2 is capable of unlimited video recording in various settings including C4K/4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit and simultaneous output over HDMI during 4K 60p internal recording.
- PHOTO STYLE PRESETS MINIMIZE YOUR EDITING: Presets include V-LogL, Cinelike D2/ V2, MonochromeS, and L.ClassicNeo.
- POWERFUL IMAGE STABILIZATION: Advanced I.S. to 6.5-stop slower shutter speeds for stable handheld shooting. Double SD Memory Card slot for relay recording.
- WITHSTANDS HEAVY FIELD USE: The magnesium alloy full die-cast front / rear frame and is not only splash and dust resistant but also freeze-resistant down to -10 °C (14°F).
The legendary LUMIX GH5 experience, now with live streaming! The LUMIX GH5M2 draws from the GH5, an iconic camera for pro photography and videography, adding features to challenge you to your highest levels of creativity.
The GH5M2 is capable of wireless live streaming using the LUMIX Sync smartphone app supported by USB PD outdoors or indoors. With a future firmware update, it will support wired IP streaming. Video can be delivered either as-is or as log recording for advanced post-production.
The GH5M2 ensures successful shooting with a 20.3MP sensor with AR coating, the latest autofocus, and I.S. technologies with the latest Venus Engine. It is capable of unlimited video recording in various settings and can record C4K/4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit without cropping, with simultaneous output over HDMI during internal recording. V-LogL is pre-installed to deliver a high dynamic range and broad colors, which makes it easy to match the color tone with the footage recorded in V-Log and V-LogL of Panasonic and LUMIX line-up. Cinelike D2 and V2, MonochromeS, and L.ClassicNeo have been added to Photo Style to expand your creativity. For Variable Frame Rate recording, C4K/4K 60fps, Anamorphic 50fps, and FHD180fps are available with autofocus function before the recording starts.
Tough enough to withstand even heavy field use, the GH5M2 has a magnesium alloy full die-cast front/rear frame. Secure construction and sealing for every joint, dial, and button make it not only splash and dust resistant but also freeze-resistant down to -10 degrees Celsius (14° F). Equipped with a double SD Memory Card slot compatible with high-speed, high capacity UHS-II for Relay Recording, Backup Recording, or Allocation Recording.
20.3MP Digital Live MOS Sensor with AR Coating and Venus EngineFeaturing a 20.3MP Digital Live MOS sensor with a newly developed AR Coating, the GH5 II boasts an evolved Venus Engine Imaging Processor. These updates suppress ghosting and flare in backlit scenes, offer a 25% increase in dynamic range, and improve color gradation and reproduction. Multipixel Luminance Generation technology maximizes sharpness and faithfully reproduces brightly illuminated scenes. It offers excellent three-dimensional color control and precise noise reduction techniques for shooting at sensitivities up to ISO 25600. It also enables shooting speeds up to 12 fps with AF-S or manual focus modes.
4K Video RecordingThe GH5 II features outstanding video performance for professional videography and is capable of unlimited video recording in various settings. It can record DCI and UHD 4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit and simultaneously output 4:2:2 10-bit over HDMI during 4K 60p 4:2:0 10-bit internal recording. An HDMI port is present on the camera for high-quality output for use with external monitors and recorders. The camera also offers high bit-rate recording for highly detailed images free of compression artifacts.
For more advanced users, multiple picture styles provide two types of Cinelike gamma presets in the Photo Style. With these modes, warm skin tones or delicate nuances of light and shadow can be reproduced without color grading over V-Log footage. The Cinelike D2 setting gives priority to the dynamic range while Cinelike V2 prioritizes contrast. L. Monochrome S and L. Classic Neo have also been added, and all these modes can be used for anamorphic video recording.
The GH5 II is designed to be an expandable system, with multiple options available to help improve video recording capabilities. Examples of this are an optional XLR Microphone Adapter that provides XLR inputs and physical controls through a hot shoe connection. Users can also use standard microphones and headphones via the 3.5mm input and output jacks.
Wireless and Wired LivestreamingDesigned for ENG, travel, event, lecture, and live commerce applications, the easy-to-use Lumix Sync app provides high-quality live streaming with minimum equipment. Whether indoors or outdoors, only the camera and a smartphone are required. Livestreaming via a router is available as well with Lumix Network Setting Software. Additionally, wired USB-LAN IP live streaming will be supported by a future firmware update.
225-Area Depth-from-Defocus Autofocus SystemBoasting a high-speed, high-precision autofocus system, the GH5 II incorporates advanced deep learning technology to detect specific subjects including humans and fast-moving animals. Improved tracking performance quickly recognizes the face and eyes of moving subjects and the human body from a background of moving subjects. The camera keeps tracking the person even if he or she moves quickly, turns their back to the camera, tilts their head, or moves far away. This contrast-detection type focus method benefits both still and video recording modes, as well as subject-tracking applications where color, size, and motion vectors are used to intelligently lock-onto the moving subjects and ensure precise focus. Depth-from-Defocus technology offers lightning-fast calculation of spatial information making it possible to instantly and accurately capture your shots.
Dual I.S. 2Helping to achieve the utmost sharpness when photographing handheld, an enhanced Dual I.S. 2 system combines the camera's sensor-shift image stabilization technology with lens-based image stabilization to compensate for a broad range of movement types and renders sharper, clearer imagery. Dual I.S. 2 requires the use of compatible Lumix lenses featuring O.I.S., and this updated stabilization system enables the GH5 Mark II to compensate for 6.5 stops of camera shake.
- A large OLED Live View Finder has an impressive 3.68m-dot resolution and 0.76x magnification for eye-level composition.
- A larger means for image composition and playback, the 3" 1.84m-dot rear TFT LCD monitor has a free-angle, tilt-and-swivel design to support viewing from a variety of angles. It is also a touchscreen, which permits intuitive menu navigation and settings control.
- Dual UHS-II SD card slots provide settings such as Relay Recording to automatically switch cards when one is full; Backup Recording, which records the same data to both cards simultaneously; and Allocation Recording, which lets you save certain files to each card for easier organization.
- Constructed from magnesium alloy with die-cast front and rear frames, the GH5 II features a durable design that also incorporates extensive sealing at each joint, dial, and button to render it both splash and dustproof as well as freezeproof to 14°F.
6K and 4K PHOTOFor instances where a very fast frame rate is needed to capture the best moment, 4K PHOTO lets you record 8MP stills at 30 or 60 fps, and 6K PHOTO provides 18MP stills at a 30 fps shooting rate. Both photo modes feature an unlimited recording time, and a pre-burst mode records images one second before and one second after pressing the shutter button, giving you up to 60 frames to choose from.
Other Camera Features
- A mechanical focal plane shutter enables a fast maximum shutter speed of 1/8000 sec, as well as a top flash sync speed of 1/250 sec. An electronic shutter function also avails a top shutter speed of 1/16,000 sec to better enable working in bright conditions and with wider aperture settings.
- Depending on the lens in use, the included DMW-BLK22 battery provides approximately 410 shots per charge when using the rear monitor or electronic viewfinder.
- A trio of new Photo Style modes includes L. Classic Neo for a film-like effect with a soft and nostalgic feeling, L. Monochrome S for black and white portraits with a gentle look, Cinelike D2 which prioritizes dynamic range, and Cinelike V2 for prioritizing contrast.
- Pre-installed V-Log L for multi-camera recording and editing makes it is easy to match the color tone with the footage recorded by other VariCam-series cameras.
- Lens Mount: Micro Four Thirds
- Camera Format: Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)
- Sensor Resolution: Actual: 21.77 Megapixel - Effective: 20.33 Megapixel
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
- Sensor Type: MOS
- Sensor Size: 17.3 x 13 mm
- Image File Format: JPEG, Raw
- Bit Depth: 14-Bit
- Image Stabilization: Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, 200 to 25600 (Extended: 100 to 25600)
- Shutter Speed:
- Electronic Shutter
- 1/16000 to 60 Second
- 1 to 60 Seconds in Bulb Mode
- Electronic Front Curtain Shutter
- 1/2000 to 60 Seconds
- 1 to 30 Minutes in Bulb Mode
- Metering Method: Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Multiple, Spot
- Exposure Modes: Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Exposure Compensation: -5 to +5 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Metering Range: 0 to 18 EV
- White Balance: Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4
- Continuous Shooting:
- Up to 12 fps at 20.3 MP
- Up to 30 fps at 18 MP
- Up to 60 fps at 8 MP
- Interval Recording: Yes
- Self-Timer: 2/10-Second Delay
- Recording Modes:
- H.264/MOV 4:2:2 10-Bit - DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p [400 Mb/s]
- H.265/MOV 4:2:0 10-Bit - DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 50p/59.94p [200 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:2 10-Bit - DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [150 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:0 8-Bit - DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 50p/59.94p [150 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:0 8-Bit - DCI 4K (4096 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [100 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:2 10-Bit - UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [400 Mb/s]
- H.265/MOV 4:2:0 10-Bit - UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 50p/59.94p [200 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:2 10-Bit - UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [150 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:0 8-Bit - UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 50p/59.94p [150 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:0 8-Bit - UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [100 Mb/s]
- H.265/MOV 4:2:0 10-Bit - 6K Anamorphic (4992 x 3774) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [200 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:2 10-Bit - 4K Anamorphic (3328 x 2496) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [400 Mb/s]
- H.265/MOV 4:2:0 10-Bit - 4K Anamorphic (3328 x 2496) at 50p [200 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:2 10-Bit - 4K Anamorphic (3328 x 2496) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [150 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:0 8-Bit - 4K Anamorphic (3328 x 2496) at 50p/59.94p [150 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:0 8-Bit - 4K Anamorphic (3328 x 2496) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p [100 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:2 10-Bit - Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [100 to 200 Mb/s]
- H.264/MOV 4:2:2 8-Bit - Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/24.00p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p [100 Mb/s]
- H.265/MP4 4:2:0 10-Bit - UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 50p/59.94p [100 Mb/s]
- H.264/MP4 4:2:0 8-Bit - UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p [100 Mb/s]
- H.264/MP4 4:2:0 8-Bit - Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 25p/29.97p [20 Mb/s]
- H.264/MP4 4:2:0 8-Bit - Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p [24 MB/s]
- Recording Limit: Unlimited
- Video Encoding: NTSC/PAL
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto: 200 to 12800 (Extended: 100 to 12800)
- Audio Recording: Built-In Microphone (Stereo) - External Microphone Input (Stereo)
- Audio File Format: AAC, Linear PCM
- Live Streaming: Yes
- Webcam Functionality: Yes
- Focus Type: Auto and Manual Focus
- Focus Mode: Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)
- Autofocus Points: Contrast Detection: 225
- Autofocus Sensitivity: -4 to +18 EV
- Viewfinder Type: Electronic (OLED)
- Viewfinder Resolution: 3,680,000 Dot
- Viewfinder Eye Point: 21 mm
- Viewfinder Coverage: 100%
- Viewfinder Magnification: Approx. 76x
- Diopter Adjustment: -4 to +3
- Size: 3"
- Resolution: 1,840,000 Dot
- Display Type: Free-Angle Tilting Touchscreen LCD
- Built-In Flash: No
- Flash Modes: Auto, Auto/Red-Eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-Eye Reduction, Off, Slow Sync, Slow Sync/Red-Eye Reduction
- Maximum Sync Speed: 1/250 Second
- Flash Compensation: -3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)
- Dedicated Flash System: TTL
- External Flash Connection: Hot Shoe, PC Terminal
- Media/Memory Card Slot: Dual Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II) [V90 or Faster Recommended]
- Connectivity: USB Type-C (USB 3.1), HDMI A (Full Size), 2.5mm Sub-Mini, 3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone
- Wireless: Wi-Fi
- GPS: No
- Operating Temperature: 14 to 104°F / -10 to 40°C
- Operating Humidity: 10 to 80%
- Battery: 1 x DMW-BLK22 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 2200 mAh (Approx. 400 Shots)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.5 x 3.9 x 3.4" / 138.5 x 98.1 x 87.4 mm
- Weight: 1.6 lb / 727 g (Body with Battery and Memory)