Ikelite Panasonic GH5, GH5S, GH5 II Underwater Housing DL200
Ikelite Panasonic GH5, GH5S, GH5 II Underwater Housing DL200
Add a Vacuum System
Make sure your camera system is watertight before you get it wet.
Add an Expanded Viewfinder
Enjoy enhanced viewing of your camera's viewfinder. Easy installation on almost any Ikelite housing.
Add a Right Handle
Add 1-inch Ball Adapters
Add the Ikelite Trim Weight System
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Panasonic Lumix GH5, GH5S, GH5 II Mirrorless Micro Four-Thirds Cameras
A full-featured and durable waterproof housing for Panasonic Lumix GH5, GH5S, and GH5 II Mirrorless Micro Four-Thirds cameras. Suitable for scuba, snorkel, surf, pool, and any application in or around the water.
Lens PortsThis housing features our robust Dry Lock (DL) port system. "Dry Lock" refers to the placement of the o-ring on the outside of the port mount. This improves visibility and reduces the chances of water dropping onto your precious camera sensor. DL ports are the lightest on the market, yet robust and capable of standing up to rough surf. Attachment is quick and secure. A system of extensions can accommodate a huge variety of lenses with ease.
Most popular zoom lenses and select lens focus rings can be engaged using simple gearing that puts adjustment right at your fingertips. A large, soft-touch knob on the side of the housing makes fine-tuned adjustments a breeze. Zoom and focus gears differ depending on which lens you are using. Zoom gears are sold separately.
ConfidenceThe unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the o-ring for simple and confident assembly. Ikelite has eliminated the need for an o-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Three double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes.
Vacuum TestingA vacuum valve is installed standard on the side of the housing. The vacuum valve is designed to be low profile to avoid interference with controls. The optional Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011 allows you to draw a vacuum on the housing to check for leaks before entering the water.
Drawing a vacuum on the system also provides extra security at the surface of the water, especially important when using the housing in rough surf.
M16 Accessory PortThe spare M16 threaded accessory port provides an attachment point for third-party accessories including HDMI bulkheads.
Optional M24 Accessory PortThis model may be customized to add a large bore M24 thread accessory port for the attachment of HDMI monitors which utilize an M24 or M28 thread (M24-to-M28 adapter required, not sold by Ikelite). It is possible to custom order the housing with the port or return the housing for after-sale modification. The port is located on the left side of the housing to reduce interference with controls.
TTL ExposureThis housing supports your choice of shooting with manual strobe exposure or adding a TTL converter depending on your application. The flash bulkhead is located on the top of the case to alleviate strain on the sync cord.
You can enjoy the fastest and most accurate TTL exposure on the market by adding the DL3 DS Link Panasonic/Olympus TTL Converter Ikelite PT1 Hotshoe Kit # 46032 and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. Exposure compensation can be used added or subtracted in the camera.
Reliable locking connectors between the hotshoe and bulkhead make it easy to install the TTL hotshoe or carry backup parts when traveling to remote locations.
ErgonomicsGood ergonomics are critical when you need to concentrate on composition, focus, and proper exposure. Large, curved control levers put the most important controls right where you need them: shutter and autofocus (via the AF/AE Lock button). This combination allows you to shoot with or without back button focus, an advanced technique that is useful for tack sharp focus of super macro and fast-moving subjects. Each lever can be extended using the optional Trigger Extension # 4077.95 for perfect spacing when using a right-hand handle.
The rotating controls are all operated intuitively via premium soft-touch knobs. An oversized, lobed knob puts the zoom/focus knob at your fingertips while your left-hand stays on the handle. Stainless steel, direct-drive rotating controls are virtually fail-safe and user-serviceable, and adjustable in a pinch.
All rear camera buttons are accessible by smooth action, hard-anodized aluminum push buttons for reliable performance and easy maintenance. These controls are clearly labeled by laser engraving on the back of the housing that never fades or falls off.
Set-UpThe camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
ViewfindersThe included SuperEye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's electronic viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. The viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder # 6890.2 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6891.1.
Handling and TravelThe housing, tray, and handles have been optimized to reduce weight while maintaining strength and durability. The Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 (sold separately) can be added or removed depending on your needs. The precision-machined aluminum base features 1/4-20 tripod mounting sockets and additional mounting locations for future accessories. The base and handle can be quickly removed when breaking down your system for travel.
A 1/4-20 threaded mounting point is located front and center on the housing above the lens port mount. This mount can be used to attach lightweight accessories like a focus light or GoPro camera.
If you're shooting with two strobe or lighting arms, then a top handle can be added to carry to and from the dive site. Top handles are available in a Cable Grip # 4080.07 or Aluminum Top Handle # 4080.08. The rigid aluminum version provides additional mounting points for lighting and accessories.
Adding a dedicated focus light to your top mount or strobe arm is highly recommended for more accurate autofocus in low-light settings.
Durability and Corrosion-Free PerformanceIkelite's white ABS-PC blend housing provides strength and corrosion-free performance year with minimal maintenance. ABS-PC is lighter than aluminum for convenience during travel and less drag underwater. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light color provides superior contrast for an enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.
Made in the USAIkelite products are designed, built, and tested in the USA. Ikelite uses locally sourced, top-grade materials. Ikelite's housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m). Ikelite backs their products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
Camera CompatibilityThis housing is only compatible with Panasonic GH5, GH5S, and GH5 II cameras as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories.
Differences in lens and control placement prevent other Panasonic camera models from being used in or adapted to this housing. Ikelite is not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
Ikelite DS Strobe CompatibilityAny Ikelite DS strobe may be used in manual exposure modes by attaching one or two with a compatible electrical sync cord. Current model DS strobes may be used in TTL exposure mode by adding the optional DL3 DS Link TTL Converter, a TTL hotshoe, and an electrical sync cord.
Non-Ikelite Strobe CompatibilitySEA&SEA, INON, and Retra strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital Strobe CompatibilityOlder non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
Fiber Optic CompatibilityFiber optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by an electrical sync cord.
Remote Triggering CompatibilityStrobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by an electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter # 4405 or the Water Wizard system (manufactured and sold by Aquatica).
- 200' (60m) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- Controls are provided for all important camera functions; Controls are not provided for Diopter Adjustment Control, Rear Control Dial, or Mode Dial Lock. Mode Dial must be un-locked before installation for use underwater
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
- Slightly positive buoyancy in freshwater
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on the choice of lens and port
- Housing 4.67 lb (2121 g)
- Tray with left handle 11 oz (312 g)
- 9 x 7.25 x 6" (229 x 184 x 152 mm) Not including tray with handle
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- Spare M16 accessory port with an option to add M24 large-bore accessory port
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 2 year limited warranty
In the Box
- Rear O-ring # 0132.59 (installed)
- Front O-ring # 0132.45 (installed)
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900 (installed)
- Port Hole Cover # 0200.92 (installed)
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7 (installed)
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67 (installed)
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06
- 0.050" Hex Key # 0945.11
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc Tube
- Spare Rear O-Ring # 0132.59 Carry a backup in case the original seal becomes damaged.
- Spare Front O-Ring # 0132.45 Carry a backup in case the original seal becomes damaged.
- Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011 Pressurize the housing to check for leaks before entering the water.
- Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 Makes a double tray for easier handling and a second attachment point for strobes or lights.
- Trigger Extension # 4077.95 Recommended if using the Right-Hand Quick Release Handle. Brings shutter or AF-ON lever out to handle for more comfortable use (requires 2 to extend both controls).
- DL2 DS Link Sony TTL Converter Ikelite ST1 Hotshoe Kit # 46042 Fast, accurate, automatic TTL strobe exposure when used together with compatible Ikelite DS strobes.
- 45º Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6891.1 Brighter, larger, and more ergonomic positioning when shooting underwater. Rotates for landscape or portrait shots.
- Cable Top Handle Grip # 4080.09 The most convenient way to carry the system when shooting with two strobe arms.