Nauticam NA-EOSM3 Underwater Housing for Canon EOS M3 Mirrorless Camera
The NA-EOSM3 housing delivers ergonomic control access, complete functionality, and a comprehensive lens port lineup. Essential functions are placed for fingertip access at the sculpted right grip. Key controls, such as f-stop, shutter speed, exposure compensation, focus point, and the star button (*) are all easily accessed from the housing grip. The highly refined Nauticam shutter release lever provides tactile feel of half press, critical for accurate pre-focus.
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
A full-featured, ergonomic housing for the Canon MIL flagship.
The Canon EOS M3
EOS M3 is a high performance 24 megapixel APS-C mirrorless body that signals Canon's new commitment to the mirrorless segment. EOS M3 improves upon its predecessors in nearly every way, but most noticeably autofocus. The system uses 49 on sensor phase-detect points that result in focus speeds up to 6 times faster than the original EOS M.
Ergonomically the body is much improved. Individual command wheels access shutter speed and aperture, along with a dedicated mode dial, and an exposure compensation dial. These physical dials give enthusiast photographers direct, convenient control access that perfectly complements the already excellent Canon EOS M touch screen interface. The EOS M3 also features a nicely contoured grip that further improves handling.
Canon EOS M3 Key Features
- 24.2 MP CMOS sensor
- 49 on sensor phase-detect AF Points
- 3", 1 m-dot ClearView II TFT-LCD Panel
- 4.2 fps continuous shooting speed
- 1920 x 1080 Full HD Video at 30 frames per second with manual exposure control
- HDMI Output
The NA-EOSM3 housing delivers ergonomic control access, complete functionality, and a comprehensive lens port lineup. Nauticam leads the underwater housing market in mirrorless interchangeable lens camera support, and the expertise gained from dozens of previous models is fully integrated into the NA-EOSM3 design.
Essential functions are placed for fingertip access at the sculpted right grip. Key controls, such as f-stop, shutter speed, exposure compensation, focus point, and the star button (*) are all easily accessed from the housing grip. The highly refined Nauticam shutter release lever provides tactile feel of half press, critical for accurate pre-focus.
Camera setup is designed to be simple, and fool proof. The slides into the housing with all controls perfectly aligned, and nothing needing to be pre set. A robust cam lever lock ensures perfect alignment. It is impossible to close the housing back door with the camera incorrectly installed, or the camera tray unlocked.
New Shutter Release Extension
NA-EOSM3 ergonomics are perfectly engineered for a "right hand on the grip" shooting style. Some users, especially those diving in cold water with dry gloves, need alternate ways to hold and operate the camera.
This included shutter release extension and stainless steel handle bracket provide convenient shutter release access when used with the Nauticam Tray and Handle Systems.
Locking Rotary Latch
A large, locking rotary latch securely closes the housing back door.
Ergonomic Shutter release lever and contoured grip.
Patented Port Locking Lever
Closeup view of the patented Nauticam Port Locking Lever and large, rubberized zoom / focus control.
The Port Locking Lever is a signature Nauticam feature, providing the easiest and most secure port attachment available today. No twisting, just push in, and lock!
- Unsurpassed build quality, designed by award winning engineering team
- Produced utilizing the most modern manufacturing technology available
- Ergonomically placed controls with size, shape, and color differentiation
- Access to all key camera controls
- All controls clearly labeled
- Patented Port Locking System
- Lens release button
- Easy to operate locking rotary latch
- Quick release camera mounting plate
- Optical strobe connectors for fiber optic flash triggering
- 1x M16 accessory hole for HDMI, hydrophone, or electrical sync connector installation
- Single M14 accessory hole for vacuum valve
- Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit (valve optional)
- 1/4-20 tripod mounting holes
- Cold Shoe and 10mm threaded accessory mounting point
- 100m Depth Rating
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system inspires confidence, with constant LED monitoring of the water tight system status.
NA-EOSM3 includes vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuitry as standard equipment. When paired with an optional vacuum valve (sold separately), the operator can, at a glance, instantly see the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur.
The NA-EOSM3 ships with a 2nd bulkhead port specifically for installing optional vacuum valves, leaving the primary bulkhead ports for HDMI, sync cables and other accessories.
Recommended EF-M Lenses
- Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM
- An ideal mid-range zoom, covering the entire range between wide angle and macro images, and capable of excellent closeups.
- Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM
- A versatile wide angle zoom, free from fisheye distortion, with over 100 degrees of diagonal coverage at 11mm.
- EF-EOS M Adaptor with Canon 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM
- 8-15 is a truely remarkable fisheye zoom lens. Covering a range from 10-15mm on APS-C without vignette, 8-15 provides the underwater photographer with a 180 deg full frame fisheye that can zoom down to a narrower 120 deg diagonal. This lens is perfectly suited to close focus wide angle and big animal shooting.
- EF-EOS M Adaptor, with Canon EF-S 60mm or EF 100mm Macro Lenses
- The Canon 60mm and 100mm IS L macro lenses provide two outstanding options for the EOS M3 owner interested in macro and super macro imaging.
- Both Lenses are capable of 1:1 reproduction ratio. The 100mm lens has added working distance, image stabilization, and legendary "L" lens image quality.
- For super macro subjects, add the revolutionary Super Macro Converter (pn 81201, SMC-1). SMC Achieves 1.7:1 reproduction ratio when paired with the 60mm, and a stunning 2.2:1 reproduction ratio with the 100mm L lens.
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Dimensions: 195mm W x 127 mm H x 104 mm D
- Weight: 1.09kg