Nauticam NA-5DIV Underwater Housing for Canon 5D Mark IV
<ul> <li>New Tally Light</li> <li>TTL Trigger Button</li> <li>TTL Mode Indicator</li> <li>AF Area Button</li> <li>Wider Housing Which Means</li><ul> <li>More Room for External Monitor</li> <li>More Stable Shooting Platform</li> <li>Lighter In The Water</li></ul></ul>
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
Nauticam NA-5DIV Underwater Housing for Canon 5D Mark IV DSLR Camera
The 5D series has an impressive record of feature set advancements. The 2005 Canon 5D was the first full-frame DSLR camera available with a "standard" body size. In 2008, 5D Mark II became the first full-frame DSLR capable of HD video. The new 5D Mark IV offers the highest dynamic range sensor ever released by Canon, and 4K video recording. These performance improvements are major upgrades from previous models, benefitting both still photo and motion capture!
The Canon EOS-5D Mark IV5D Mark IV is the embodiment of a hybrid camera system, providing compelling feature sets for still photo and video capture underwater. Never before has there been a camera that excels so well in both disciplines.
Still photographers will love the 61 point autofocus system shared with 1DX Mark II for its fast acquisition and reliable tracking of moving subjects. The new 30-megapixel sensor with on chip analog to digital conversion offers plenty of resolution with high dynamic range capture ideal for pulling shadow and mid-tone detail out of strongly backlit images.
The 5D Mark IV motion capture feature set might provide even more motivation to upgrade! Previous 5D versions were acclaimed for their faithful color representation in a wide range of underwater shooting scenarios. 5D Mark IV still has that unmatched "Canon Color", and is now Capable of recording 4K at 30 fps with usable autofocus thanks to the Canon Dual Pixel AF system.
Canon 5D Mark IV Key Specifications
- New 30.4MP CMOS full-frame sensor with Dual Pixel AF
- DCI 4K 30/24p video using Motion JPEG + 4K Frame Grab
- 61-point AF system with 41 cross-type sensors (center point sensitive to -3 EV)
- Dual Pixel AF (sensitive to -4EV) for continuous Servo AF in stills (first for a full-frame Canon camera) and video
- ISO 100-32000 (expandable to 102400)
- 7 fps continuous shooting
- Dual Pixel Raw (image micro adjustment, bokeh shift, ghosting reduction)
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
- 1.62M-dot 3.2" full-time touchscreen
- Wi-Fi w/ NFC + GPS
- Built-in bulb timer interval timers
- Improved weather-sealing
The Nauticam NA-5DMKIV Underwater HousingWhile extremely similar to the 5D Mark III and 5DS cameras that came before it, small dimensional changes in the Mark IV body forced a new housing design. The core control layout, proven by generations of existing housings in the field, is retained here. This design consistency results in immediate familiarity with the control layout for people that have used Nauticam housings before, and a thoroughly refined and field tested design for newcomers to the brand.
The new Nauticam NA-5DMIV housing incorporates technology from the Nauticam housings that came before it, but features enhanced ergonomics, more and better control access, and reduced size/weight thanks to cutting-edge manufacturing processes.
- Patented Port Locking System
- Unveiled on the very first Nauticam DSLR housing in 2009, this locking lever has become a signature of the Nauticam brand. No twisting or threading action is required to mount a port, and it locks securely in place with this lever. Nauticam also offers locking port extensions, meaning a dome will never twist, even when used with a long extension ring.
- Housing Locking Latches
- The industry's easiest to use housing closure system, requiring very little hand strength to operate, secures the housing back in place. The latches are safely locked to prevent accidental opening but are easy to open when needed for a quick battery or memory card change.
- Multi-controller Pad & Piano Keys
- Located within easy reach of the right thumb, ergonomically operates the 5D Mark IV Multi-controller joystick. Full directional control is available for fast focus point or menu selection. A new focus area button allows easy access to the focus area pattern.
- Piano keys bring the Quick Control and SET functions out to the housing handle for quick changes.
- Mission Control
- The right-hand grip features a cluster of key camera controls, all placed ergonomically for fingertip access.
- Shutter Release, AF-On, Video Record, Main Dial, Quick Control Dial, M. Fn., Flash Exposure Compensation, and ISO are all conveniently located on the right-hand side of the housing, and easily accessed from the handle.
- Card Access LED Window
- A new window provides visibility of the camera card access LED. This can be used to indicate whether or not recording in video mode, with much better visibility than the record indicator placed in the top right corner of the LCD display.
- TTL Flash Trigger Integration
- A pushbutton activates the optional Nauticam TTL Flash Trigger (26321), and an LED window provides important status information.
- The TTL trigger enables automatic flash with compatible optically triggered strobes, including rear curtain sync.
- Integrated Vacuum Monitoring and Leak Detection
- Circuitry included as standard equipment provides constant monitoring of watertight integrity when combined with an optional Nauticam M16 Vacuum Valve II (PN 25625).
- Vacuum System Reset Button
- A blue button integrated into the camera mounting tray, accessible from the port mount, allows vacuum monitoring electronics to be reset when changing lenses from the front of the housing.
- Stainless Steel Handle Brackets
- Stiffening handle brackets are included with the housing. These brackets eliminate any flex or wobble when using big strobes, and provide multiple attachment points for lanyards or other accessories.
- Ergonomic Rubberized Grips
- Another legendary Nauticam feature, these rubberized grips have been used every Nauticam DSLR housing release, and are some of the most comfortable in the business. The zoom/focus control knob also features this same soft-touch rubber coating for improved tactile feel.
- Clear Control Labeling
- All camera controls are clearly labeled, allowing easy identification.
- Double Thumb Levers
- Oversized double thumb levers, easily reached from the housing grips, and operational while wearing cold water gloves are a Nauticam signature.
- These levers access AF-On, Video Rec/Live View, Info, and Playback.
Flash FiringThe NA-5DMKIV Housing comes standard with twin Nikonos flash connectors for electrical strobe triggering.
An optional LED flash trigger is available for rapid fire optical triggering (manual power), and a new TTL Flash Trigger enables automatic flash exposure with compatible strobes.
Optical TTL Strobe Compatibility:
Integrated Vacuum Check and Leak Detection SystemThe Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is shipped with NA-5DMIV as standard equipment. Combined with an accessory vacuum valve (PN 25625), this monitoring system provides constant updates on the watertight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple color coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur.
The Nauticam system is temperature compensated, eliminating false alarms caused by a change in outside temperature, or from a camera heating up on an action-packed dive.
Ease of UseNo system is easier to assemble or break down. The camera drops into the housing with a quick release camera tray. No controls need to be preset, as housing functions for dials and switches align automatically (on/off, af-m, still photo/video). The large 120mm housing port opening allows even the largest popular pro Canon wide angle lens (11-24mm f/4) to be used, and the camera can even be mounted in the housing with this large lens attached.
ViewfindersThe standard optical glass viewfinder is very good and travel-friendly, but many photographers prefer the ease of a magnified viewfinder with adjustable diopter. Nauticam produces a straight 180° enlarging viewfinder and a 45° angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high-quality optics and allow bright viewing of the entire image. A patented external dioptric adjustment allows personal adjustment to a sharp-as-a-tack standard underwater and viewfinder changes can be executed in less than 30 seconds without using tools. Exceptional composition and focus accuracy have never been more accessible.
Premium Professional OpticsExperienced shooters know a camera is only as good as the lens in front of it, and the same is true when choosing optics for an underwater camera system. Four optically coated glass dome ports (250mm, 230mm, 180mm, and 140mm diameters) and a series of acrylic ports support popular lenses from Canon, Sigma, and Tokina. Port configurations are extensively tested at Nauticam to determine the ideal extension ring length for best performance.
For macro and super macro shooting, the Nauticam Super Macro Converter is a revolutionary accessory. This is an entirely in-house design, optimized for use in water. The water contact correction offers the highest overall sharpness, free from chromatic aberration and purple fringing, with reproduction ratios exceeding 2:1, when used with the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens.
- Magnifying Viewfinders
- 180° Enhancing Viewfinder (32201)
- 45° Enhancing View
- finder (32203)
- Flash Triggering
- TTL Flash Trigger for Canon (26321)
- Flash Trigger for Canon (26301)
- Other Accessories
- Patent Pending Super Macro Converter (81201), providing 2.3:1 reproduction ratio with the popular EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro Lens
- M16 Vacuum Valve (25625)
- Complete line of flat and dome ports for all major lenses, available in acrylic and glass
- Locking port extension rings from 10mm to 90mm
- Monitor/Recorder Housing for Atomos Ninja2 (17902) or Shogun (17904)
- Monitor Housing for SmallHD 502 Monitor (17906)
- Fiber optic cables for Inon (26211) and Sea&Sea (26212)
- Full line of mounting accessories for lighting, including mount balls, strobe adaptors, arms, clamps, and specialty items
- Multiple styles of lanyards
- Lens holders, including flip-up
- Focus and Zoom gears for many Canon, Tokina, and Sigma lenses
- Port Adaptors for Aquatica, Ikelite, Inon, Nexus M5 & M6, Sea & Sea NX, Seacam, Subal Version 3 & 4, and Zillion
- Handle accessories including smaller handles, handle extensions for cold water diving
- Spare Housing O-Ring (90121) I.D.=204mm, C.S.=4.0mm
Details and Specifications
- Dimensions: 358mm x 187mm x 135mm W x H x D
- Weight: 2.91kg
- Depth Rating: 100m