Ikelite 50ft Underwater Housing with DL Port Mount for Nikon D500 DSLR Camera
<ul> <li>50' (15m) Depth Rating - Upgradeable to 200'</li> <li>Supremely functional for creative control access</li> <li>Extra-large zoom knob next to the left handle</li> <li>The NEW Dry Lock (DL) Port System</li> <li>Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)</li> <li>Includes a aluminum base with left-hand handle</li></ul>
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
Ikelite 50DL Surf Underwater Housing for Nikon D500 DSLR Camera
A full featured and durable waterproof housing for Nikon D500 DSLR cameras. Suitable for snorkel, surf, pool, and many applications in or around the water.
This housing requires the addition of a compatible DL Lens Port for waterproof operation. Lens Port not included.
- 50' (15m) depth rating
- Housing back is interchangeable with optional dive 200' (60m) back (sold separately); add the dive back to take this housing to recreational diving limits
- Supremely functional for maximum creative control—access is provided for all important camera functions
- The new Dry Lock (DL) Port System gives added security at the surface of the water and accommodates large diameter lenses
- Extra-large, soft touch zoom knob; Zoom is accessible for many lenses using Ikelite's unique universal zoom gear system
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- Control symbols are laser etched into the back and will never fade or rub off
- Quick install camera mount plate does not need to be removed for battery or memory card access
- One spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port locations on the front of the housing for the addition of optional accessories
- Includes a balanced aluminum base with left-hand quick release handle; Right-hand handle sold separately
- Signature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the O-ring into a channel
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 1 year limited warranty
TTL ExposureInstall optional Nikon TTL Hotshoe Product number 46061 and connect the TTL Converter Product number 4301.3 for automatic TTL exposure with compatible Ikelite DS-model Strobes. Ikelite DS-model strobes may be used with this system without the TTL Hotshoe and Converter, but will not provide TTL exposure.
Non-Ikelite StrobesSEA&SEA, INON, and Nikonos strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital StrobesOlder non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
Fiber OpticFiber optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by an electrical sync cord.
Remote TriggeringStrobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by an electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter Product number 4403 or the Water Wizard system (manufactured and sold by Aquatica).
- Shutter-release button
- Power switch
- Movie-record button
- Sub-command dial
- Exposure compensation (+/-) button
- ISO button
- MODE button
- WB button
- Metering button
- BKT button
- Lens release button
- AF-ON button
- Main command dial
- Multi selector
- Info button
- Live view selector
- Lv button
- Playback button
- MENU button
- OK button
CompatibilityThis housing is only compatible with the Nikon D500 DSLR as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories.
Differences in lens and control placement prevent other DSLR models from being used in this housing. Ikelite is not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
- 50' (15m) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
- Near neutral buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- 4.5 lb (2 kg)
- 9.2 x 7.1 x 6.3" (234 x 180 x 160 mm)
In the Box
- Rear o-ring # 0132.61
- Front o-ring # 0132.45
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.5
- Silicone Lubricant # 0184.2
- Spare Rear O-Ring # 0132.61 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Spare Front O-Ring # 0132.45 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011 Pressurize the housing to check for leaks prior to entering the water.
- Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 Makes a double tray for easier handling and a second attachment point for strobes or lights.
- Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93 Recommended if using the Right-Hand Quick Release Handle. Brings shutter and/or AF-ON lever out to handle for more comfortable use.
- Nikon TTL Converter # 4301.3 Fast, accurate, automatic TTL strobe exposure when used together with compatible Ikelite DS strobes.
- 45º Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6891.1 Brighter, larger, and more ergonomic positioning when shooting underwater. Rotates for landscape or portrait shots.
- Adding an external strobe or video light enhances your photos' color and sharpness underwater. If you will be shooting below 45 ft (13m) or in an indoor pool, your photos will be predominantly blue-green without an artificial light source.