Ikelite TTL Underwater Housing for Canon Powershot G16 Camera
Ikelite TTL Underwater Housing for Canon Powershot G16 Camera
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Add a Vacuum System
Make sure the camera system is watertight before you get the housing wet.
Overview / Product Description
Ikelite Underwater TTL Housing for Canon PowerShot G16
This updated version of the original housing includes the following new features and improvements:
- Ergonomic new shutter lever
- Improved self-centering zoom control
- Improved rear dial control
- Front loading camera mounting
- Silicone front hand grip
- Standardized 1/4-20 mounting for external trays
- Spare 1/2-20 accessory port for optional vacuum valve
- Built-in fiber optic ports
- New white ABS-PC blend
Wide angle and macro close-upThe optional WD-4 Wide Angle Dome provides a wider angle of view underwater without the edge distortion, vignetting, or weight typically associated with an external wide angle lens. The WD-4 is a 0.75x magnification factor and simply slides on and off of the housing's lens port.
A press-fit Macro Adapter (sold separately) is available for the attachment of 67mm threaded accessory macro lenses. Ikelite recommends a macro lens which is designed for underwater use like those from Epoque, INON, Subsee, Nauticam, and other manufacturers. The adapter should not be used with 67mm threaded wide angle lenses. The wide angle lens would be too far away from the camera's lens to provide an improved image.
Optional wide angle portAn integrated TTL circuit is fine-tuned to the Canon G16's flash exposure protocol for the most accurate exposure possible. The circuit is powered by the strobe for zero maintenance and no batteries to change. Exposure compensation in TTL mode is supported using the camera's built-in control. At this time, only Ikelite DS strobes are capable of powering the circuitry. SEA&SEA, INON, and Nikonos strobes attached via electrical sync cord will still enjoy fast recycle times and improved battery life, but must be used in manual exposure modes only.
Color correction and external lighting
This housing provides a direct electrical connection to the camera's external flash hot shoe. Cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a lightbulb. The threaded fit prevents accidental detachment during use. The bulkhead connection has been moved to the top of the housing to keep cords out of your way and reduce strain on the cord ends. A variety of sync cord terminations are available for Ikelite, SEA&SEA, INON, or Nikonos strobes for ultimate versatility.
The camera's built-in flash is suitable for firing an external strobe, but not for lighting a photo underwater. Two fiber optic ports are built into the front of the housing provide an attachment point for fiber optic cords from most major manufacturers. Use of a fiber optic connector requires the camera's built-in flash to fire, reducing battery life and bypassing the TTL functionality of the housing.
A bright constant-on video light can be used instead of or in addition to a flash. Constant-on lights provide added versatility because they can be used for focus assist and for improved colors when shooting video. A constant-on light is not as bright as a strobe flash.
Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the attachment of a tray and handle system. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts.
There is a simple rule that brighter is better underwater. A high-quality lighting system can produce magazine quality results with almost any compact camera system.
Durability and corrosion free performanceIkelite's brand new ABS-PC blend provides strength and corrosion free performance year after year with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light gray color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.
The unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the o-ring for simple and confident assembly. Ikelite has eliminated the need for an o-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes.
Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. Ikelite uses locally sourced, top-grade materials. Ikelite's housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m). Ikelite back their products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
Camera CompatibilityOlder Canon G-series cameras are not usable in this housing due to differences in lens and control placement.
- Serial number requirements
- AF35: not compatible
- DS50: yes, above serial number 70000
- DS51: yes
- DS125: yes, above serial number 5000
- DS160, DS161: yes
- DS200: yes, above serial number 7163
- Electrical sync cord compatibility
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Sync Cord (TTL) # 4103.51
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Dual Sync Cord (TTL) # 4103.52
- SEA&SEA / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) # 4118.1
- SEA&SEA / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual Sync Cord (Manual) # 4118.2
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) # 4116.31
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) # 4116.32
- Fiber optic cord compatibility
- Ikelite Fiber Optic Coiled Cord # 4501
- INON Optical D Cable "Non-wireless type" L-Connector
- Sea&Sea Fiber Optic Cable (L-type) Product No. 50107
- Olympus UW Fiber Optic Cable PTCB-E02
- Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable No. 26211 Nauticam to INON
- Nauticam Optical Fiber Cable No. 26212 Nauticam to Sea&Sea
- Port cover # 0200.08
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube # 0184.1
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Controls for all camera functions except Flash switch and Diopter adjustment dial
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- 1/4-20 thread tray mounting with 3 in (76mm) spacing
- Weight 3.6 lb (1.6 kg)
- Dimensions 6 x 7.2 x 5.9 in (152 x 183 x 150 mm)
- 3.9-inch diameter glass lens port
- 0110 - Main o-ring
- 0200.08 - Port cover
- 0184.2 - Silicone lubricant resealable 2cc tube