Ikelite Canon EOS R Underwater Housing DL200
Ikelite Canon EOS R Underwater Housing DL200
SKU: # ike-71760
Add a Vacuum System
Add an Expanded Viewvinder
Add the Right Handle
This housing only comes with a single left a handle.
Add 1-inch Ball Adapters
Add the Ikelite Trim Weight System
Price as Configured
Articles & Videos About This Item ALL ARTICLES ALL VIDEOS
Overview / Product Description
Ikelite 200DL Underwater Housing for Canon EOS R Mirrorless Digital Camera
A full featured and durable waterproof housing for Canon EOS R full-frame mirrorless digital cameras. Suitable for scuba, snorkel, surf, pool, and any application in or around the water.
Canon EOS R Mirrorless CameraCanon's first full frame mirrorless interchangeable lens camera is finally here. The compact body packs a 30.3 megapixel CMOS sensor and is capable of continuous shooting up to 8 fps. Its Dual Pixel AF system claims boast good low light performance at levels as low as -6EV. In addition to high resolution still, the EOS R shoots 4K UHD video at up to 29.97 fps or 1080 HD 60p.
In addition to the series of new RF mount lenses to be released progressively, Canon shooters can also use their favorite EF mount lenses thanks to the new EF-EOS R Mount Adapter.
Lens PortsThis housing features Ikelite'srobust Dry Lock (DL) port system. "Dry Lock" refers to the placement of the o-ring on the outside of the port mount. This improves visibility and reduces the chances of water dropping onto your precious camera sensor. DL ports are the lightest on the market, yet robust and capable of standing up to rough surf. Attachment is quick and secure. A system of extensions can accommodate a huge variety of lenses with ease.
Most popular zoom lenses and select lens focus rings can be engaged using simple gearing that puts adjustment right at your fingertips. A large, soft-touch knob on the side of the housing makes fine-tuned adjustments a breeze. Zoom and focus gears differ depending on which lens you are using. Zoom gears sold separately.
Ikelite'sDL Lens Port Chart is in the process of being updated with RF mount lenses and EF mount lenses with EF-EOS R Adapter. This information will be posted as soon as it becomes available.
Vacuum SystemThe included vacuum valve allows you to pressurize the housing to check for leaks prior to putting your expensive equipment in the water. Use of the vacuum valve requires a compatible Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011, sold separately.
There is no greater assurance than being able to see your camera and o-ring seal through the back of the housing. Ikelite'ssignature open-groove design suspends the rear o-ring in a natural position that is easier to maintain and more reliable than forcing the O-ring into a channel. Once the housing is closed you can see the o-ring form a solid, waterproof seal.
M16 Accessory PortThe spare M16 threaded accessory port provides an attachment point for third-party accessories including HDMI bulkheads.
TTL ExposureThis housing supports your choice of shooting manual strobes or adding TTL electronics depending on your application. The included manual hotshoe with Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead supports manual strobe exposure with a wide variety of strobes including Ikelite, SEA&SEA, INON, and others.
You can enjoy the fastest and most accurate TTL exposure on the market by adding the CT2K Canon TTL Kit # 46072 and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. The CT2K supports rear curtain synchronization and exposure compensation can be added or subtracted in the camera.
Controls and Set-UpShutter and AF-ON levers stand out with super sensitive and natural feeling curved levers. Both controls can be extended using the optional Trigger Extension # 4077.93 for more comfortable use when using a right-hand quick release handle.
All push-button controls are machined and hard anodized aluminum to reduce weight and resist salt build-up. The back of the housing is laser engraved with control symbols which will never fade or fall off.
The camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
ViewfindersThe included Super-Eye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's optical viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. The viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6890.1 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 3) # 6891.3. The angle of a 45º viewfinder is more ergonomic when shooting underwater plus it provides a larger and brighter view than the standard Super-Eye.
Handling & TravelThe housing, tray, and handles have been optimized to reduce weight while maintaining strength and durability. The Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 (sold separately) can be added or removed depending on your needs. The precision machined aluminum base features 1/4-20 tripod mounting sockets and additional mounting locations for future accessories. The base and handle can be quickly removed when breaking down your system for travel.
A 1/4-20 threaded mounting point is located front and center on the housing above the lens port mount. This mount can be used to attach lightweight accessories like a focus light or GoPro camera.
If you're shooting with two strobe or lighting arms, then a top handle can be added to carry to and from the dive site. Top handles are available in a Cable Grip # 4080.07 or Aluminum Top Handle # 4080.08. The rigid aluminum version provides additional mounting points for lighting and accessories.
Adding a dedicated focus light to your top mount or strobe arm is highly recommended for more accurate autofocus in low light settings.
ConstructionIkelite'snew ABS-PC blend front is durable, provides improved contrast and visibility, keeps your camera running cooler in the sun, and is significantly lighter weight than aluminum alternatives.
Every housing is made in the USA, individually inspected for fit, and water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m).
Non-Ikelite StrobesSEA&SEA, INON, and Retra strobes with an electrical connection can be triggered in manual exposure modes using an electrical sync cord. Strobes without an electrical sync cord connection cannot be attached to this system unless slaved off of a hard-wired strobe.
Ikelite Non-Digital StrobesOlder non-digital strobes featuring an ICS-5 electrical sync cord bulkhead can be used with this system in manual exposure modes.
Fiber OpticFiber optic only strobes are not compatible with this installation. An external strobe must be connected by an electrical sync cord.
Remote TriggeringStrobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by an electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter # 4405 or the Water Wizard system (manufactured and sold by Aquatica).
CompatibilityThis housing is only compatible with Canon EOS R cameras as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories.
Differences in lens and control placement prevent other camera models from being used in or adapted to this housing. Ikelite is not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
- 200' (60m) depth rating
- Compatible with DL system lens ports
- Controls are provided for all important camera controls;
- Controls are not provided for Multi-function bar, Multi-function lock button, or Diopter adjustment knob
- 1/4-20 thread base mounts with 3.5" spacing
- Slightly positive buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on the choice of lens and port
- 4.7 lb (2.15 kg)
- 8.75 x 6.875 x 6.5" (220 x 175 x 165 mm)
- Vacuum valve included (pump sold separately)
- Included Ikelite ICS-5 bulkhead connector with manual hotshoe for reliable electrical triggering of underwater strobes; Optional TTL accessories provides automatic exposure with compatible Ikelite DS strobes
- ABS-PC construction is fundamentally corrosion-resistant
- Made in the USA; Individually inspected for fit and water pressure tested to depth
- 2 year limited warranty
In the Box
- Rear O-ring # 0132.59 (installed)
- Front O-ring # 0132.45 (installed)
- Zoom Gear Retainer # 75900 (installed)
- Port Hole Cover # 0200.92 (installed)
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap # 9104.7 (installed)
- Base with Left-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.67 (installed)
- Tool for Zoom Gear Retainer # 0945.06
- .050" Hex Key # 0945.11
- 1/16" Hex Key # 0945.16
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc Tube
- Spare Rear O-Ring # 0132.59 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Spare Front O-Ring # 0132.45 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Vacuum Pump with Gauge # 47011 Pressurize the housing to check for leaks prior to entering the water.
- Right-Hand Quick Release Handle # 4077.02 Makes a double tray for easier handling and a second attachment point for strobes or lights.
- Trigger Extension # 4077.93 Recommended if using the Right-Hand Quick Release Handle. Brings shutter or AF-ON lever out to handle for more comfortable use (requires 2 to extend both controls).
- CT2K Canon TTL Kit # 46072 Fast, accurate, automatic TTL strobe exposure when used together with compatible Ikelite DS strobes.
- 45º Magnified Viewfinder (Type 3) # 6891.3 Brighter, larger, and more ergonomic positioning when shooting underwater. Rotates for landscape or portrait shots.
- Cable Top Handle Grip # 4080.07 The most convenient way to carry the system when shooting with two strobe arms.