Canon EOS R5 Mirrorless Camera
Canon EOS R5 Mirrorless Camera
Add a Lens Adapter
Use your Canon SLR lenses on the Canon EOS R Camera Body.
Add a Spare Battery
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Canon EOS R5 Mirrorless Camera
The EOS R5 builds off of the powerful legacy of Canon’s full-frame cameras offering next-generation refinements in image quality, performance, and reliability. It’s an ideal choice for a large range of photographic and cinematographic environments from weddings, portraits, sports, journalism, landscape, cinematography, and more.
Canon’s all-new 45 Megapixel full-frame sensor is at the heart of the EOS R5’s superb image quality, which also leads the way for impressive 8K DCI cinematic movie capture with the ability to extract 35.4 Megapixel still images. Focus and speed are paramount in the EOS R5, providing impressive continuous capture at speeds of up to 20 frames-per-second and with Dual Pixel CMOS AF II capability, to track split-second movements of even the most elusive of subjects. With 1,053 Automatic AF zones, it is easier than ever to photograph people with the use of Eye, Face and Head Detection AF, or intuitively track the whole body, face, or eye of cats, dogs, or birds with Animal Detection AF. The 5-axis in-body image stabilization can effectively compensate for camera shake with approximately 8 stops of stabilization with the use of certain non-stabilized, and optically image stabilized lenses. Connectivity like 5GHz and 2.4GHz Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is also included.
High Image Quality featuring a New 45 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS SensorThe EOS R5 camera features an entirely new Canon-developed CMOS sensor with approx. 45 effective megapixels. It employs the DIGIC XImage Processor to enhance the speed of operations across the board. This means fast, efficient performance and phenomenal image quality for big prints, impressive 4K video, and more.
DIGIC X Image Processor with an ISO range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400.
DIGIC X Image ProcessorThe EOS R5 camera is the first Canon EOS camera – in the Mirrorless series camera line — to feature a powerful DIGIC X Image Processor, which helps to enhance fine detail in your image.
ISO range of 100-51200; Expandable to 102400Delivering high standard and expanded ISOs (for still images), and a score of options to help enhance shooting in varied and fast-changing lighting situations, the EOS R5 camera can shoot at expanded sensitivities down to ISO 50 (L) and up to 102400 (H).
High-Speed Continuous Shooting of up to 12 fps with Mechanical Shutter and up to 20 fps electronic (Silent) Shutter.
Up to 12 fps with Mechanical ShutterDelivering incredible performance at speeds of up to 12 fps, the EOS R5 camera can capture the split-second details between a subject’s movements. This is ideal for dynamic action photos such as athletes, animals, or vehicles in motion.
Up to 20 fps Electronic (Silent) ShutterEspecially helpful for wildlife photography, journalism, and situations where photographers need to remain discrete, the EOS R5 camera features a selectable electronic (silent) shutter mode, and can capture images at up to 20 fps. With a fast AF/AE system, DIGIC X image Processor and high-speed recording with new Dual CF express card slots, the EOS R5 helps ensure that camera operations are performed quickly and precisely.
Dual Pixel CMOS AF II covering Approx. 100% Area with 1,053 AF Areas.
High-speed Focusing with Dual Pixel CMOS AF IIThe EOS R5 camera’s highly responsive Dual Pixel CMOS AF II system features an incredible 1,053 Automatic AF zones that can be designated as auto-focus focal points (when Face + Tracking priority AF is selected). This ensures higher-precision Eye Detection AF or allows for you to focus on the desired AF point. Fast action can be captured and focus can be maintained with speed, accuracy, and ease.
AF Area Coverage of Approx. 100% x 100%The EOS R5 camera features an expansive focus area of approx. 100% horizontal and 100% vertical when working with select RF and EF lenses. With older EF lenses, or with Extender types I and II, the EOS R5 focuses on approx. 80% horizontally and 80% vertically of the image. This means fast and impressive focusing even when composing your subject far from the center of the frame.
EV -6 Low-light AutofocusAmazing for nighttime photography or in very low light settings, the EOS R5 camera’s brilliant AF can operate in light as dim as a light rating of EV -6 where other AF systems may fail or search. Phenomenal AF is achieved even when using lenses with high F numbers. This ultra-sensitive AF works together with the EOS R5’s EVF to capture subjects even when light is limited. Combined with the EOS R5 camera’s remarkable low-light AF performance, still and video shooting is possible even in dark situations in a variety of places and occasions.
Subject tracking of People and Animals using Deep Learning Technology.
Head and Eye DetectionThe EOS R5 camera brings head and eye detection to a new level. Even in situations where a camera may struggle to detect a subject, the EOS R5 camera can locate and a person’s head or eye when people detection is set, allowing ease and accuracy when capturing videos or still images, or while in Live View mode.
Animal DetectionFor the first time in a Canon Mirrorless camera, animal detection is now possible. Developed using deep learning technology, the EOS R5 camera can effectively track the whole body, face, or eye of cats, dogs, or birds for speed and precision – regardless of the animal’s size, posture, or orientation of the face.
8K RAW, 4K up to 120fps, 10-bit 4:2:2 with Canon Log or HDR PQ, Internal Recording in all Formats, with Auto Focus.With the high-speed processing capability of the DIGIC X image processor, the EOS R5 can record 8K movies (uncropped, at up to 29.97 fps) – a first for Canon full-frame mirrorless cameras. 4K video shooting is also possible at up to 119.9fps, in 4:2:2 10-bit (H.265) Canon Log, and Dual Pixel CMOS AF is available in all 8K and 4K modes. Image-makers worldwide will be able to tell their stories in larger-than-life resolutions. Additional new features include: Internally recorded and uncropped 8K RAW Recording up to 29.97 fps with Dual Pixel CMOS AF, and HDR-PQ Recording (H.265) capability.
In-body Image Stabilizer can provide up to 8 Stops of Shake Correction.The EOS R5 is Canon’s first camera to incorporate 5-axis IBIS (In-Body Image Stabilization). This camera will not only enhance the ability to shoot still images at slower shutter speeds but it will also help reduce camera shake when shooting movies. Additionally, the EOS R5’s IBIS will work in combination with Optical Image Stabilization found in many Canon RF and EF lenses.
Dual Card Slots for CF express and UHS-II SD Memory CardsWhether you are shooting photos every day, or are recording 8K videos, the EOS R5 camera can capture an incredible amount of images through its super-high-speed CF express dual card slots. Plus a UHS-II SD card slot is also provided at your disposal.
Built-in 0.5” 5.76 Million Dots OLED EVF with 120fps refresh rate, Vari-angle LCD Touchscreen.
0.5-type OLED EVF with Approx. 5.76 Million DotsThe EOS R5 camera features a high-precision 0.5-inch OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode) EVF with approx. 5.76 million dots and a 23mm eyepoint. Displaying a bright image and extensive shooting information that rotates with the camera. The EOS R5’s EVF supports a 120 fps refresh rate and has been created to provide a bright, sharp, and colorful 100% view of the subject at hand, displaying a crisp and vivid image with minimal aberration or distortion.
Vari-angle Touchscreen LCDThe EOS R5 camera features a 3.15-inch, 2.1 Megapixel Clear View LCD II Vari-angle Touchscreen LCD. Its extensive flexibility makes it easy to compose and shoot from virtually any angle, making selfies simple and enabling the LCD to fold away when not in use. The brightness of the EVF and the LCD monitor can even be adjusted individually. Touch screen features include settings, review, and even AF point selection.
Dot-matrix LCD PanelAn LCD panel on the top of the camera features a dot-matrix display that shows the information on the camera’s status, recording mode, and more. It gives real-time setting information both when the camera is in use or on standby and can be inverted from black to white to suit viewing preferences or the ambient light source.
2.4/5 GHz Built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Technology.In addition to the traditional 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, the EOS R5 camera now supports 5 GHz Wi-Fi communication – a first for EOS mirrorless cameras. Users can easily perform high-speed FTP data transfer between the camera and using the free Canon Camera Connect app. Simply connect to the Camera Connect app where you can browse, or download images to your smart device, then share and upload from the device directly to various social media sites and web services. For professional photographers using the EOS R5 camera, the built-in Wi-Fi is the ideal feature that is needed for quick wireless connectivity.
Bluetooth CapabilityBluetooth connectivity offers continuous connection and allows the EOS R5 camera to automatically connect to a smart device that is paired with the Canon Camera Connect app. This allows a number of functions from easy image transfer to remote shooting, to adding GPS information to your photos and videos and more.
Image.Canon Serviceimage.canon is a cloud service designed to ease your imaging workflow, whether you are a professional, enthusiast, or casual user. Connecting the EOS R5 camera to the image.canon service will allow photographers to seamlessly upload all images and movies in their original format and quality, and access them from the dedicated app or through a web browser – and automatically forward them to a computer, mobile device, and third party services.
Enhanced Operating Controls.
Multi-controller CustomizationDesigned to allow users to operate customizable camera functions while looking through the optical viewfinder, the EOS R5 camera features a multi-controller button located on the back of the camera that makes it easy for the user to locate and control.
Main Dial and Quick Main Dials1 & 2With its compact body size, the EOS R5 camera features a three-dial User Interface in the main dial, quick control dial 1 and quick control dial 2 which provide direct control over the traditional exposure controls such as Shutter Speed, Aperture, and ISO –and are fully customizable to the user’s preference.
Optional Wireless File Transmitter and Battery Grip.
Wireless File Transmitter R10-AThe optional Wireless File Transmitter WFT-R10A, which also serves as a vertical battery grip, provides both a fast throughput for image uploading and several features that make dynamic wireless photography simple and fast. It has 5 GHz 802.11ac support for high-speed image transfer, a user interface that enables speedy set-up and configuration of wireless networks, and even compatible smartphone connection. The Wireless File Transmitter WFT-R10A makes it simple to use a compatible smartphone as a remote control for still and video capture even from a far distance. It can even transfer recorded images back for viewing on the device's screen.
Battery GripThe EOS R5 camera’s optional Battery Grip BG-R10 holds 2 Battery Packs LP-E6NH while enabling virtually seamless vertical and horizontal operation and additional functions with all buttons similarly configured in a comfortable and dedicated grip. The Battery Grip BG-R10 also has a useful battery charging function (with optional USB power delivery adapter attached) that’s particularly helpful for power-hungry operations like video recording or shooting over an extended period of time.
High-Capacity Battery PackLP-E6NHFor increased power and the convenience of compatibility among multiple cameras, the EOS R5 camera uses Battery Packs LP-E6NH, the same batteries used on the EOS R camera and others. Especially helpful for photographers with multiple EOS cameras, the Battery Pack LP-E6NHis a robust, long-lasting battery that helps deliver power, shot after shot.
Magnesium BodyComfortable and solid in the hand, the EOS R5 camera features a rigid yet lightweight magnesium alloy chassis that enhances body durability while shielding the camera from electromagnetic radiation and heat. It also has a tempered front panel for internal rigidity.
Shutter DurabilityThe EOS R5 camera has a durability rated at approx. 500,000 cycles and full-frame focal-plane shutter that offers approx. 12 shots/sec.
Dust-& Water-resistant SealingThe EOS R5 camera is designed for use in a variety of weather conditions. Sealing materials are used in critical areas like the buttons, terminal covers, the battery compartment, and the card slot cover. Precise design and construction help to minimize accidental penetration of dust and moisture in the rest of the camera body. Combined with an RF lens, or any other weather-sealed EF/EF-S lens, the EOS R5 camera proves to be a reliable partner in virtually any climate.
What's in the Box
- EOS R5 Camera Body
- Battery Pack LP-E6N
- Battery Charger LC-E6
- Wide Strap
- Cable Protector
- Interface Cable IFC-100U
- Camera Cover R-F-5 (not shown)
- Type: Digital single-lens non-reflex AF/AE camera
- Recording Media:
- CFexpress card:
- Type B: Card slot
- SD card speed class-compatible
- SD card:
- Compatible with UHS-II
- Eye-Fi cards and Multimedia cards (MMC) are not supported.
- Compatible Lenses:
- Canon RF lens group (excluding EF, EF-S and EF-M lenses)
- When using Mount Adapter EF-EOS R: Canon EF or EF-S lenses (excluding EF-M lenses)
- Lens Mount: Canon RF mount
- Type: CMOS sensor (compatible with Dual Pixel CMOS AF)
- Effective pixels: Approx. 45.0 megapixels
- Pixel Unit: Approx. 4.40 µm square
- Total Pixels: Approx. 47.1 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal:Vertical)
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter: Installed in front of the image sensor, non-detachable
- Dust Deletion Feature:
- 1. Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
- Removes dust adhering to the low-pass filter.
- At power off only / Enable / Disable. Performed automatically (taking about approx. 2 sec. as indicated on the screen) or manually (taking about approx. 8 sec. as indicated on the screen).
- After manually activated cleaning, the camera will automatically restart (Power OFF to ON).
- When [Multi Shot Noise Reduction], [Multiple exposures], or [HDR mode] is set, [Clean now] and [Clean manually] cannot be selected.
- 2. Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
- The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
- The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the EOS Canon Digital Professional Software (v. 4.14 and higher) to automatically erase the dust spots.
- Not available with EF-S lenses, in cropped shooting or multi-exposure shooting.
- 3. Manual cleaning (by hand)
- Recording Format: Compliant to Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and Exif 2.3.
- File Size:
- 3:2 Aspect Ratio
- Large/RAW/C-RAW: 8192 x 5464
- Medium: 5808 x 3872
- Small 1: 4176 x 2784
- Small 1: 2976 x 1984
- Small 2: 2400 x 1600
- 1.6x (Crop)
- Large/RAW/C-RAW: 5088 x 3392
- Small 2: 2400 x 1600
- 4:3 Aspect Ratio
- Large: 7280 x 5464
- Medium: 5152 x 3872
- Small 1: 3712 x 2784
- Small 2: 2112 x 1600
- RAW/C-RAW: 8192 x 5464
- 16:9 Aspect Ratio
- Large: 8192 x 4608
- Medium: 5808 x 3264
- Small 1: 4176 x 2344
- Small 2: 2400 x 1344
- RAW/C-RAW: 8192 x 5464
- 1:1 Aspect Ratio
- Large: 5456 x 5456
- Medium: 3872 x 3872
- Small 1: 2784 x 2784
- Small 2: 1600 x 1600
- RAW/C-RAW: 8192 x 5464
- Values for Recording Pixels are rounded to the nearest 100,000 or 10,000.
- For RAW and JPEG images, information outside the cropping area is not retained.
- JPEG images are generated in the set aspect ratio.
- RAW images are generated in [3:2], and the set aspect ratio is appended.
- File Numbering
- The following file numbers can be set:
- 1. File numbering methods
- a. Continuous numbering: The numbering of captured images continues even after you replace the card.
- b. Auto-reset: When you replace the card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the new SD card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last recorded image in the card.
- 2. Manual reset: Resets the file number to 0001, and creates a new folder automatically.
- RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording / HEIF Simultaneous Recording: Simultaneous recording of any combination of RAW/C-RAW and JPEG/HEIF image-recording quality is supported.
- Color Space: Selectable between sRGB and Adobe RGB
- Picture Style:
- 1. Auto
- 2. Standard
- 3. Portrait
- 4. Landscape
- 5. Fine Detail
- 6. Neutral
- 7. Faithful
- 8. Monochrome
- 9. User-Defined 1-3
- In Scene Intelligent Auto, [Auto] will be set automatically.
- [Standard] is the default setting for [User Def. 1-3].
- 1. Auto
- 2. Day Light
- 3. Shade
- 4. Cloudy
- 5. Tungsten light
- 6. White fluorescent light
- 7. Flash
- 8. Custom (Custom WB)
- 9. Color temperature
- Auto White Balance: Option between ambiance priority and white priority settings.
- Color Temperature Compensation:
- Blue/amber bias: ±9 levels
- Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels
- Corrected in reference to the current WB mode's color temperature.
- Type: OLED color electronic viewfinder; approx. 5.76 million dots resolution
- Coverage: Approx. 100% vertically and horizontally relative to the shooting image area (with image quality L, at approx. 23mm eyepoint).
- Magnification / Angle of View: Approx. 0.76x / Approx. 35.5 degrees (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1)
- EyePoint: Approx. 23mm (at -1 m-1 from the eyepiece lens end)
- Viewfinder Information:
- 1. Maximum burst
- 2. Possible shots/Sec. until self-timer shoots
- 3. Focus Bracketing/ Multiple-exposure/HDR shooting/Multi Shot Noise Reduction/Bulb time/Interval timer
- 4. Shooting mode
- 5. AF method
- 6. AF operation
- 7. Image quality
- 8. Card
- 9. Drive mode
- 10. Metering mode
- 11. No. of remaining shots for focus bracketing, multiple exposures, or interval timer
- 12. Electronic level
- 13. Movie recording time available
- 14. Battery level
- 15. Image Stabilizer (IS mode)
- 16. Histogram (Brightness/RGB)
- 17. Quick Control button
- 18. Anti-flicker shooting
- 19. White balance/White balance correction
- 20. Picture style
- 21. Auto Lighting Optimizer
- 22. Still photo cropping / Aspect ratio
- 23. AF point (1-point AF)
- 24. AEB/FEB
- 25. View Assist
- 26. HDR PQ
- 27. Flash ready / FE lock / High-speed sync
- 28. Electronic shutter
- 29. Touch shutter / Create folder
- 30. AE lock
- 31. Shutter speed / Multi-function lock warning
- 32. Aperture value
- 33. Wi-Fi function
- 34. Wi-Fi signal strength
- 35. Bluetooth function
- 36. Exposure simulation
- 37. Magnify button
- 38. ISO speed
- 39. Highlight tone priority
- 40. Exposure compensation
- 41. Exposure level indicator
- Type: Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- AF Working Range: EV -6 to 20 (f/1.2 lens, center AF point, One-Shot AF, at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100, One-Shot AF)
- AF Methods:
- Face+Tracking AF
- Spot AF
- 1-point AF
- Expand AF Area: (Above, below, left and right/Around)
- Zone AF: Large Zone AF (Vertical/Horizontal)
- Metering Modes: Real-time metering with image sensor (384 [24x16 zone metering])
- 1. Evaluative metering (AF point-linked)
- 2. Partial metering (approx. 6.1% of the area at the center of the screen)
- 3. Spot metering (approx. 3.1% of the area at the center of the screen)
- 4. Center-weighted average metering
- Metering Range: EV -3 - 20 (at 73°F/23°C, ISO 100) (Still Photo Shooting)
- Exposure Control Modes:
- 1. Scene Intelligent Auto
- 2. Flexible-priority AE (Fv)
- 3. Program AE (P)
- 4. Shutter-priority AE (Safety shift possible) (Tv)
- 5. Aperture-priority AE (Safety shift possible) (Av)
- 6. Manual exposure (M)
- 7. Bulb
- 8. Custom shooting mode C1, C2, C3
- Exposure Compensation:
- Manual: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- AEB: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- AE Lock:
- 1. Auto AE lock: The metering mode for AE lock after focus can be customized.
- 2. User-applied AE lock: In the Fv, P, Tv, Av and M modes, enabled with the AE lock button. (Press again to update.) Enabled in all metering modes.
- Electronically-controlled focal-plane shutter
- 1. Electronic first curtain or mechanical shutter
- 2. Electronic shutter
- Shutter Speeds:
- When [Mechanical] or [Elec. 1st- curtain] is set: 1/8000-30 sec, bulb
- When [Electronic] is set: 1/8000-0.5 sec.
- Shutter Release: Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self Timer: 10-sec. delay, 2-sec. delay
- E-TTL balance: Ambiance priority, standard, flash priority
- Compatible E-TTL Speedlites: Canon EX- and EL-series Speedlites
- E-TTL II Flash Metering:
- 1. Evaluative (Face Priority)
- 2. Evaluative
- 3. Average
- Flash Exposure Compensation: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- FE Lock: Provided
- External Flash Settings:
- The camera can set the following with EX series Speedlites:
- 1. External flash control: Flash firing, E-TTL II Flash metering, Slow synchro, Safety FE, Flash mode, Wireless function, Flash zoom, Shutter synchronization, and Flash exposure compensation
- 2. Flash Custom Function setting: The setting options for both (1) and (2) will differ depending on the Speedlite used.
- Focusing: Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Exposure Compensation: ±3 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
- Type: TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor
- Monitor Size:
- 3.2-inch (screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
- 3.15 in./8.01cm diagonal (2.63 in./6.67cm width, 1.75 in./4.44cm height)
- Dots: Approx. 2.1 million dots
- Coverage: Approx. 100% vertically/horizontally
- Brightness Control: Manually adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
- Coating: Clear View LCD II
- Anti-smudge coating applied.
- Anti-reflection coating not applied.
- Interface Languages: 29 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Ukraine, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Vietnamese, Hindi, Romanian, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Malay, Indonesian, Japanese)
Quick Control Function
- Function: The Quick Control screen is accessed by pressing the Quick Control button during still photo shooting.
Image Protection and Erase
- 1. Single image (select image)
- 2. Select range
- 3. All images in a folder
- 4. All images on the card
- Image browsing and image search can be based on ratings.
- Ratings-based image selections also possible with DPP.
- 5. All found images (only during image search)
- Erase: Except protected images
- 1. Select images to erase
- 2. Select range
- 3. All images in a folder
- 4. All images on a card
- 5. All found images (only during image search)
- Compatible Printers: Not supported
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
- DPOF: Compliant to DPOF Version 1.1
- USB Terminal: Equivalent to Hi-Speed USB (USB 3.1 Gen 2)
- For PC communication
- Terminal type: USB Type-C
- Shared with terminal for in-camera charging with USB Power Adapter PD-E1.
- In-camera Charging: Equivalent to USB type-C (5 V/1.5 A), but use should be restricted to USB Power Adapter PD-E1.
- Video Out Terminal: HDMI micro OUT terminal Type D (Resolution switches automatically) / CEC not compatible
- Images can be displayed through the HDMI output and on-screen at the same time.
- Images will not be displayed unless [NTSC] or [PAL] is properly set according to the video system of the TV set.
- Microphone Input Terminal: 3.5mm diameter stereo mini jack
- Headphone Terminal: 3.5mm diameter stereo mini-jack
- Battery: LP-E6NH/LP-E6N/LP-E6
- With the AC Adapter AC-E6N + DC Coupler DR-E6, AC power is possible.
- With the USB Power Adapter PD-E1, in-camera charging of LP-E6NH is possible. The USB Power Adapter PD-E1 is not compatible with powering the camera.
- Battery Check:
- Automatic battery check when the power switch is turned ON.
- Displayed in 6 levels on top LCD panel.
- Battery level can be checked on the LCD panel and in the viewfinder.
- Bttery Info display in the Set-up Menu:
- Type of power source used.
- Remaining capacity (percentage of battery charge remaining).
- Recharge performance: (3-level display of battery's ability to hold a charge)
- Start-up Time: Approx. 0.4 sec.
Dimensions and Weight
- Dimensions (W x H x D): Approx. 5.45 x 3.84 x 3.46 in. / 138 x 97.5 x 88.0mm
- Approx. 1.63 lbs. / 738g (including battery, SD memory card; without body cap)
- Approx. 1.43 lbs. / 650g (body only; without battery, card or body cap)
- Working Temperature Range: 32-104° F / 0-+40°C
- Working Humidity: 85° or less