Subal Alpha 7 Underwater Housing for Sony a7, a7R & a7S Full Frame Mirrorless Cameras
The Subal Alpha 7 housing provides access to all the functions of the Sony a7, a7R & a7S including Live View and Info. The ergonomic housing design and arrangement of all key controls allows easy camera operation without letting go of the grip. The camera is fitted on a special cradle, which enables a precise, faster and more secure mounting.
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
The Alpha 7 housing provides access to all the functions of the Sony a7, a7R & a7S including Live View and Info. The ergonomic SUBAL housing design and arrangement of all the key controls allows easy camera operation without letting go of the grip. The camera is fitted on a special cradle, which enables a precise, and faster, more secure mounting. A 4mm O-ring and the SUBAL Quick-Lock closure system prevents accidental crushing of the O-ring and ensures maximum safety. Threaded holes at the base allow the attachment of a tray. Focusing lights can be attached or mounted to the top shoe. The monitor window provides a glare-free and high-contrast view of the camera monitor. Material selection, processing, surface protection and finish conform to the usual high quality that is common to all SUBAL products. SUBAL offers for this housing model 3 different viewfinder systems: the slim standard viewfinder reduces the viewfinder image so that it can see fully despite wearing a dive mask. The GS 180 and the 45_ viewfinder provide an image approximately corresponding in size to the camera's viewfinder. The GS-180 is a strait viewfinder whilst the WS-45 has a 45_ angle. All Subal viewfinders systems are interchangeable and can be installed and removed easily by the user.
Only SUBAL ports with bayonet type 3 mounts can be used with a 2/3 adapter ring except the DP-FE2.
The SUBAL Alpha 7 housing for the Sony Alpha 7, 7R and 7S provides access to all camera functions.
- Maximum depth:
- 120m/400ft (Optional)
- Weight: approx. 1.6kg/3.5lbs
- Weight in water: nearly neutral (depending on the port and accessories)
Seawater-resistant aluminum alloy worked from a solid block. Hard-coating and corrosion treatment is applied to the surface of the housing. In addition 3 layers of powder-coating paint is applied to give the housing the Subal color and unique finish. All parts are made of hard-anodized light alloy, acid-resistant stainless steel and high-quality plastics to cope with the marine environment.
- Width x height x depth: Approx. 225 x 166 x 110 mm (w/o port and handles)
- Strobe connections: 2 strobe connectors optionally Nikonos V, IKELITE or Subtronic S6 Sockets connected in parallel
- Flash arm mounting: 2 x T-plates 25 mm, TLC - or Ultra light base optional shoe
- Transmission and features: All functions of the camera can be operated. In particular: main switch/backlight, shutter, zoom (manual focus), front and rear main dial, lens release, focus mode (M-S-C), AF mode, metering, AF-lock, AF-ON, port-lock, photo/video switching.
- Push buttons for: Mode, exposure compensation, bracketing, Flash method, AF mode, lock, video start / stop, playback, delete, menu, thumbnail, protect, OK, ISO, quality, white balance, microphone, multifunction button, info, Live View. AF-on, PV, FN, AF Mode, lens release.