Nauticam NA-D750 Underwater Housing for Nikon D750 Full Frame DSLR Camera
Nauticam NA-D750 Underwater Housing for Nikon D750 Full Frame DSLR Camera
Add a Vacuum System
This system provides additional peace of mind with expensive camera equipment and should mean fewer lost dives due to minor equipment issues.
Add a Viewfinder
Enhance your shooting with a magnifying viewfinder.
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
New Housing for Nikon D750
24.3 Megapixel Enthusiast Digital SLR System
Nauticam, the international leader in innovative underwater camera housing technology, is pleased to announce a new housing designed specifically for Nikons 24.3 megapixel D750 digital SLR camera.
The NA-D750 Underwater Housing
NA-D750 is the 15th unique Nikon DSLR design from Nauticam, and evolutionary improvements inherited from this extensive heritage combined with new refinements result in the most rewarding user experience possible.
The operation of the housing in water is intuitive, comfortable, and ergonomic. Key controls are placed within easy reach of the housing handles, exactly where the underwater photographer needs them. All controls are clearly labeled, and several button and lever formats are used to allow operation by feel.
Core camera functions such as shutter release, aperture, shutter speed, live view, info, exposure compensation, depth of field preview, Fn, flash exposure compensation, focus mode, AF/M, and zoom are all located at the users fingertips. Dual thumb levers pull important functionality from the back of the camera out to the housing handles, allowing quick access to Video Record, AF-On (for thumb activated focus), ISO, and Image Playback. The patent pending Multi Controller Pad replicates this control from the D750 Camera, allowing easy focus point selection, even on the diagonals.
- Controls clustered at the right grip place key camera functions right at the users fingertips.
- The rubberized handle provides an ergonomic, non-slip grip.
- The patented Port Locking Lever is a Nauticam hallmark, and one of the early innovations that set the brand apart from competitors.
- Fn and Preview levers, placed just below the front command dial, can control a number of customizable functions.
- New Vacuum system reset button, enabling quick port changes on a dive deck with vacuum monitoring security. Previously resetting the vacuum system required removing the housing back.
The Nikon D750 Camera
One of the hottest releases from Septembers Photokina Imaging Fair in Cologne, Germany, Nikon D750 has received attention from both amateur and professional image makers alike, and is poised to become one of the most popular underwater cameras of 2015.
The D750 is essentially a 24.3 megapixel version of the class leading D810. It features the same incredible 51 point autofocus system, Image Processor, 91,000 pixel color metering sensor, 3.2 1.2m dot lcd screen, professional grade build quality, and excellent ergonomics. The sensitivity of the autofocus system is actually improved, and D750 can achieve 6.5fps continuous shooting for fast moving subjects.
A new tilting LCD screen allows for convenient live view composition with the camera overhead or low to the ground.
24.3 megapixels is a tremendous amount of resolution, more than the highest resolution offering from Canon, and sufficient for large prints. At a price point $1000 less than the D810, the D750 delivers outstanding resolution, image quality, autofocus performance, and overall usability in a smaller body that is often better for those with small hands.
Nikon D750 Key Features
- 24.3 Megapixel FX CMOS Sensor (excellent resolution)
- Still photo shooting at 6.5fps in FX Mode (for when a pod of dolphins show up)
- ISO 100-12,800 (low sensitivity for shooting in extreme light, and sun ball control)
- EXPEED 4 image processor (gains additional continuous shooting speed, provides lower image noise throughout the entire ISO range, improves battery life)
- New Carbon Fiber Reinforced Body (amazing strength, light weight)
- CAM 3500 II FX Autofocus System with Group AF (51 points with 3d tracking, more sensitive than D810 in low light, and new Group AF mode introduced in the D4s for improved focus tracking)
- 3.2 Tilting 1,229k-dot RGB LCD Screen (wide viewing angle, easy viewing in bright sun, detail for focus review, tilting screen is excellent for overhead or low angle shooting, and can be tilted up 15 degrees inside the housing for easier video framing)
- Auto ISO in Manual Exposure while shooting video with Exposure Compensation (a great way to enable seamless automated, exposure transitions while recording video)
- Custom and spot white balance (spot white balance will make it easier to get accurate WB underwater)
- Highlight-weighted metering (new in camera metering mode to fully utilize cameras wide dynamic range to deliberately underexpose for highlights)
- 100% optical viewfinder coverage (composition without guesswork)
- 2 SD Card Slots (high storage capacity with redundancy)
- Built-in popup flash (usable with fiber optic strobe systems for accurate TTL automatic flash exposure)
- 1/250th second optical flash sync (for high contrast scenes like sun-balls)
- 1080P Video at 60fps
- Clean output over HDMI for external recording (allows up to 220mb/s ProRes 422 HQ recording with Atomos Ninja2 in a Nauticam housing)
- New Flat Picture Profile mode (professional level standard for post processing flexibility)
Integrated Vacuum Check and Leak Detection System
The Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is available with NA-D750 as standard equipment. Combined with an optional vacuum valve, this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe to dive status of the housing. The operator can, at a glance, instantly see the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur. The NA-D750 ships with a 3rd bulkhead port specifically for installing optional vacuum valves, leaving the user two other bulkhead ports for HDMI, sync cables and other accessories.
Precision requires vision: A high resolution camera like the Nikon D750 demands perfect focus for optimal results. Fortunately, Nauticam has developed the most user-friendly interchangeable viewfinders available.
The standard optical glass viewfinder is very good and travel friendly, but many photographers prefer the ease of a magnified viewfinder with adjustable diopter. Nauticam produces a straight 180_ enlarging viewfinder and a 45_ angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high quality optics, and allow bright viewing of the entire image. A patented external dioptric adjustment allows personal adjustment to a sharp-as-a-tack standard underwater and viewfinder changes can be executed in less than 30 seconds without using tools. Exceptional composition and focus accuracy have never been more accessible.
- 180_ Enhancing Viewfinder (32201)
- 45_ Enhancing Viewfinder (32203)
- Patent Pending Super Macro Converter (81201), providing 2.3:1 reproduction ration with the popular AF-S 105mm /2.8G VR Macro Lens
- Vacuum Valve (25612)
- Complete line of flat and dome ports for all major lenses, available in acrylic and glass
- Locking port extension rings from 10mm to 70mm
- Monitor/Recorder Housing for Atomos Ninja2 (17902)
- Monitor Housing for SmallHD DP4 Monitor (17901)
- Fiber optic cables for Inon (26211) and Sea&Sea (26212)
- Full line of mounting accessories for lighting, including mount balls, strobe adapters, arms, clamps, and specialty items
- Multiple styles of lanyards
- Lens holders, including flip-up
- Focus and Zoom gears for many Nikon, Tokina, and Sigma lenses
- Port Adapters for Aquatica, Ikelite, Inon, Nexus M5 & M6, Sea & Sea NX, Seacam, Subal Version 3 & 4, and Zillion
- Handle accessories including smaller handles, handle extensions for cold water diving
- Optical Flash Trigger for continous shooting without reliance on electrical cables.
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Weight: 2.97 kg
- Dimensions: 353mm (w) x 193mm (h) x 128mm (d) (13.9in x 7.4in x 5.2in)