Ikelite Olympus OM-D E-M1 II Underwater Housing 200DLM/B
Ikelite Olympus OM-D E-M1 II Underwater Housing 200DLM/B
SKU: # ike-69532
Add a Vacuum System
Price as Configured
Articles & Videos About This Item ALL ARTICLES ALL VIDEOS
Overview / Product Description
Ikelite 200DLM/B Underwater Housing for Olympus OM-D E-M1 II Mirrorless Cameras
The 200DLM/B Underwater Housing is the perfect companion allowing the use of the Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II mirrorless micro four-thirds cameras in or around the water for scuba, snorkeling, surf, pool, or any adventure.
Advantages of the Ikelite Housing
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Extendable shutter release lever
- Extendable AEL/AFL button thumb lever for back button focus
- Interchangeable Dry Lock Micro port system including flat ports, 6" dome ports, and 8" dome ports
- Corrosion-proof ABS-PC construction
- Clear view back with laser engraved control markings
- Ergonomic, field serviceable direct-drive controls
- Accessory ports for optional vacuum system and TTL converter
- Supports LCD tilt
- Made in the USA
Ergonomics and handlingGood ergonomics are critical when you need to concentrate on composition, focus, and proper exposure. Large, curved control levers put the most important controls right where you need them: shutter and autofocus (via the AEL/AFL button). This combination allows you to shoot with or without back button focus, an advanced technique that is useful for tack sharp focus of super macro and fast-moving subjects. Each lever can be extended using the optional Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.95 for perfect spacing when using a right-hand handle.
All rotating controls are operated intuitively via premium soft-touch knobs. Stainless steel, direct-drive rotating controls are virtually fail-safe and user-serviceable, and adjustable in a pinch.
Camera buttons are accessible by smooth action, hard-anodized aluminum push buttons for reliable performance, and easy maintenance. These controls are clearly labeled by laser engraving on the back of the housing that never fades or falls off.
Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the simple, rotation-free attachment of a tray and handle system. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts. The Tray with Dual Quick Release Handles # 9523.64 is the most popular choice for both handling and attachment of accessories.
Set-UpThe camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
ConfidenceThe unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the o-ring for simple and confident assembly. Ikelite has eliminated the need for an o-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes.
Vacuum TestingA spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port is provided on the side of the housing for easy installation of the optional Vacuum Kit # 47012. A vacuum kit allows you to draw a vacuum on the housing to check for leaks before entering the water.
Drawing a vacuum on the system also provides extra security at the surface of the water, especially important when using the housing in rough surf.
ViewfindersThe camera's large, super-bright LCD screen is viewable edge-to-edge through the back of the housing. An included optical viewfinder window blocks ambient light to improve viewing of the camera's electronic viewfinder (EVF) for both image composition and review.
Get the brightest and sharpest view of the camera's OLED EVF by adding an optional Magnified Viewfinder. The Supereye removes quickly and easily for the attachment of a Straight Enhanced Magnified Viewfinder # 6890.2 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 3) # 6891.3.
LightingLight is absorbed as it travels through even short distances underwater, making colors appear dull or monochromatic. To preserve the natural colors of your subject, it's important to stay within arm's reach—no more than 3-4 feet (1m) away. For the best results, Ikelite recommends adding an external flash or high-powered constant-on light if you'll be diving regularly below 15' (3m).
You can enjoy the fastest and most accurate TTL exposure on the market by adding the DL3 DS Link TTL Converter and Hotshoe Kit # 46032 and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. Rear-curtain flash synchronization is supported. Exposure compensation can be used added or subtracted in the camera.
Reliable locking connectors between the hotshoe and bulkhead make it easy to install the TTL hotshoe or carry backup parts when traveling to remote locations.
This camera does not feature a built-in flash for the triggering of fiber optic strobes.
A bright constant-on video light can be used instead of or in addition to a flash. A constant-on light is not as bright as a strobe flash. Constant-on lights do provide added versatility because they can be used for focus assist and improved colors when shooting video.
There is a simple rule that brighter is better underwater. A high-quality lighting system can produce professional quality results.
Port SystemIt couldn't be more simple to change ports than this system—just press the port on and tighten three thumb screws. Feel positive reinforcement that the port is secure with simple parts you can trust in a remote location.
This housing accepts ports from Ikelite's DLM Port System to accommodate a selection of the best zoom, macro, and wide angle lenses for underwater use. Ikelite's custom optical grade acrylic domes components provide the color, clarity, and durability of glass at a fraction of the travel weight and cost.
Durability and corrosion-free performanceIkelite's white ABS-PC blend housing provides strength and corrosion-free performance year with minimal maintenance. ABS-PC is lighter than aluminum for convenience during travel and less drag underwater. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light color provides superior contrast for an enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.
Made in the USAIkelite products are designed, built, and tested in the USA. Ikelite uses locally sourced, top-grade materials. Ikelite's housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m). Ikelite backs their products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
CompatibilityThis housing only accommodates the OM-D E-M1 II camera. Differences in lens and control placement prevent other camera models, including the E-M1 and E-M1 III, from being used interchangeably in the same housing.
This housing is only compatible with the Olympus cameras as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories.
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- DLM Type B port mount
- Controls for all camera functions except multi-selector, one-touch white balance button, Fn lever, preview button, and diopter adjustment dial
- Glass optical viewfinder corrected for viewing through a dive mask; optional straight and 45º magnifying viewfinders
- Two 1/4-20 threaded tray mounts with 3" (76mm) spacing
- Slightly negative buoyancy in freshwater
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on the choice of lens and port
- 2.9 lbs (1322 g)
- 7.5 x 5.75 x 5.875" (190 x 146 x 149 mm)
- ABS-PC, acrylic, and acetal construction with type III anodized aluminum and stainless steel controls
- 2 year limited warranty
In the Box
- Rear O-Ring # 0110 (installed)
- Front O-Ring # 0132.36 (installed)
- 0.050" Hex Key # 0945.11
- 1/16" Hex Key # 0945.16
- Silicone Lubricant 1cc Tube
- Lens port sold separately; A compatible DLM lens port is required for waterproof operation.
- Spare Rear O-Ring # 0110 Carry a back-up in case the original seal becomes damaged.
- Spare Front O-Ring # 0132.36 Carry a back-up in case the original seal becomes damaged.
- Vacuum Kit for 1/2" Accessory Port # 47012 Pressurize the housing to check for leaks before entering the water.
- Tray with Dual Quick Release Handles # 9523.64 For better handling underwater and attachment points for strobes or lights.
- Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.95 Recommended if using the Right-Hand Quick Release Handle. Brings shutter and/or AE-L/AF-L lever out to handle for more comfortable use.
- DL3 DS Link Panasonic / Olympus TTL Converter Ikelite PT1 Hotshoe Kit # 46032 Fast, accurate, automatic TTL strobe exposure when used together with compatible Ikelite DS strobes.