Ikelite Canon Rebel SL3 Underwater Housing 200DLM/C
Ikelite Canon Rebel SL3 Underwater Housing 200DLM/C
Add a Vacuum System
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Ikelite 200DLM/C Underwater TTL Housing for Canon EOS 250D Rebel SL3, EOS 200D Mark II, Kiss X10 DSLR Camera
This is the smallest and lightest DSLR system in the water right now. Ikelite recommends the Rebel SL3 to anyone looking for excellent still and video imaging with a compact and lightweight profile.
Whether you've been shooting a full-frame DSLR or a compact point-and-shoot, the EOS 250D Rebel SL3 may be the best next step. This system combines fast focus, 24-megapixel resolution, TTL strobe exposure, and great battery life into a housing that's half the size and weight of all other DSLR models. The addition of 4K ultra HD video resolution and nearly double the battery life are significant improvements over the previous model SL2 camera.
Advantages of the Canon EOS 250D Rebel SL3 System
- Compact DSLR camera system
- 24-megapixel APS-C sensor and 4K UHD video
- RAW image capture
- Accepts Canon EF-mount lenses including the awesome Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye
- Weighs only 1 lb (453g)
- CIPA battery life of 1070 shots
- Advantages of the Ikelite Housing
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- Extendable shutter release lever
- Interchangeable Dry Lock Micro port system such as flat ports, 6" dome ports, and 8" dome ports
- Corrosion-proof ABS-PC construction
- Clear view back with laser engraved control markings
- Ergonomic, field serviceable direct-drive controls
- Accessory port for an optional vacuum system
- Made in the USA
Ergonomics and handlingThis powerful compact housing includes all of Ikelite's latest upgrades to controls and ergonomics. The shutter lever has been updated to a more sensitive and natural feeling curved design. The standard control hugs the side of the housing for comfortable use when hand-holding.
Soft-touch control knobs add comfort and extra grip to the most commonly used functions. Stainless steel, direct-drive rotating controls are virtually fail-safe and user-serviceable and adjustable in a pinch.
All rear camera buttons are accessible by smooth action, hard-anodized aluminum push buttons for reliable performance and easy maintenance. These controls are clearly labeled by laser engraving on the back of the housing that never fades or falls off.
Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the attachment of a tray and handle system. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts. The Tray with Dual Quick Release Handles # 9523.64 is the most popular choice for both handling and attachment of accessories. Ikelite recommends installing the Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93 when using a right-hand handle.
Set-UpThe camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
ConfidenceThe unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the o-ring for simple and confident assembly. Ikelite has eliminated the need for an o-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes.
Vacuum TestingA spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port is provided on the side of the housing for easy installation of the optional Vacuum Kit # 47012. A vacuum kit allows you to draw a vacuum on the housing to check for proper assembly before entering the water.
Drawing a vacuum on the system also provides extra security at the surface of the water, especially important when using the housing in rough surf.
ViewfindersThe included Supereye Viewfinder provides an enhanced view of the camera's optical viewfinder when viewed through a dive mask. The viewfinder removes quickly and easily for the attachment of an optional Straight Magnified Viewfinder # 6890 or 45° Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6891.1.
The camera's large, super-bright LCD screen is viewable edge-to-edge through the back of the housing.
True TTL exposureLight is absorbed as it travels through even short distances underwater, making colors appear dull or monochromatic. To preserve the natural colors of your subject, it's important to stay within arm's reach—no more than 3-4 feet (1m) away. For the best results, Ikelite recommends adding an external flash or high-powered constant-on light if you'll be diving regularly below 15' (3m).
An integrated TTL circuit is fine-tuned to the Canon EOS 250D Rebel SL3 flash exposure protocol for the most accurate exposure possible. The circuit is powered by the strobe for zero maintenance and no batteries to change. Exposure compensation in TTL mode is supported using the camera's built-in control. The TTL system can be used with current model Ikelite DS series strobes. Refer to the Strobe Compatibility section for serial number requirements.
This housing provides a direct electrical connection to the camera's external flash hot shoe. Cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a light bulb, and the threaded fit prevents accidental detachment during use.
Changes to Canon's flash hotshoe prevent the electrical connection of manual strobes. SEA&SEA, INON, Nikonos, and strobes by other manufacturers are not capable of powering the TTL circuitry built into the housing. These non-Ikelite strobes are not usable with this system.
The built-in flash is not usable in this installation. Triggering of fiber optic strobes is not supported at this time. A strobe must be connected by an electrical sync cord.
A bright constant-on video light can be used instead of or in addition to a flash. A constant-on light is not as bright as a strobe flash. Constant-on lights do provide added versatility because they can be used for focus assist and improved colors when shooting video.
There is a simple rule that brighter is better underwater. A high-quality lighting system can produce magazine quality results with almost any camera system.
Port SystemIt couldn't be more simple to change ports than this system—just press the port on and tighten three thumb screws. Feel positive reinforcement that the port is secure with simple parts you can trust in a remote location.
This housing accepts ports from Ikelite's DLM Port System to accommodate a selection of the best zoom, macro, and wide-angle lenses for underwater use. Ikelite's custom optical grade acrylic domes components provide the color, clarity, and durability of glass at a fraction of the travel weight and cost.
The included Dome Port with Zoom # 5516.15 and Zoom Gear # 5515.11 allow zoom operation with the kit lens Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/4-5.6 STM. The port and zoom gear are interchangeable for use with other lenses. Refer to the port chart for complete compatibility information.
Durability and corrosion-free performanceIkelite's white ABS-PC blend housing provides strength and corrosion-free performance year with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light color provides superior contrast for an enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.
Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. Ikelite uses locally sourced, top-grade materials. Ikelite's housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m). Ikelite backs their products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
Camera CompatibilityThis housing is only compatible with Canon EOS 250D, Canon EOS Rebel SL3, Canon EOS 200D Mark II, and Canon Kiss X10 cameras as shipped by the manufacturer. Unless otherwise noted, this housing does not accommodate the use of add-on grips, battery grips, eyepieces, LCD covers, or other accessories. The camera's eyecup must be removed before installation in the housing.
Differences in lens placement prevent other Canon camera models from being used in or adapted to this housing. Ikelite is not aware of any other models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
Ikelite DS Strobe CompatibilityAny Ikelite DS strobe may be used in manual exposure modes by attaching one or two with a compatible electrical sync cord. The following models of DS strobes may be used in TTL or manual exposure mode:
- Ikelite DS50 above serial # 70000
- Ikelite DS51
- Ikelite DS125 above serial # 5000
- Ikelite DS160, DS161
- Ikelite DS200 above serial # 7163
Sync Cord Compatibility
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobes # 45151
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 45152
- Ikelite Housing to Ikelite Strobe # 4103.51 (out of production)
- Ikelite Housing to Two Ikelite Strobes # 4103.52 (out of production)
Non-Ikelite Strobe Compatibility
- Non-Ikelite strobes including SEA&SEA, INON, Nikonos, and Retra are not compatible with this housing.
Ikelite Non-Digital Strobe CompatibilityOlder non-digital Ikelite strobes are not compatible with this housing.
Fiber Optic CompatibilityFiber optic triggered strobes are not compatible with this housing.
Remote Triggering CompatibilityStrobes with remote slave capabilities may be triggered off of a flash attached to the housing by electrical sync cord. Ikelite DS strobes support remote triggering using the Optical Slave Converter # 4405 or the Water Wizard system (manufactured and sold by Aquatica).
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- DLM Type C port mount
- Controls for all important camera functions; controls are not provided for Diopter Adjustment Knob, Display Button, Wi-Fi Button, Depth-of-field Preview Button, and Flash Button
- Ikelite flash bulkhead connector with built-in TTL circuitry
- Two 1/4-20 threaded tray mounts with 3" (76mm) spacing
- Slightly negative buoyancy in freshwater
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) not including port
- 7.5 x 5.9 x 6 in (191 x 150 x 152 mm)
- ABS-PC, acrylic, and acetyl construction
- 2 year limited warranty
In the Box
- Rear O-Ring # 0110 (installed)
- Front O-Ring # 0132.36 (installed)
- Waterproof bulkhead cap # 9104.7 (installed)
- Dome port # 5516.15
- Neoprene port cover # 0200.1
- Zoom Gear # 5515.11
- Silicone lubricant 1cc tube
- Spare Rear O-Ring # 0110 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Spare Front O-Ring # 0132.36 Carry a back-up in case original seal becomes damaged.
- Vacuum Kit for 1/2" Accessory Port # 47012 Pull a vacuum on the housing to check for leaks before entering the water.
- Tray with Dual Quick Release Handles # 9523.64 Dual tray for balanced handling and two attachment points for strobes or lights.
- Trigger Extension # 4077.93 Recommended if using the Right-Hand Quick Release Handle. Brings shutter lever out to handle for more comfortable use.
- 45º Magnified Viewfinder (Type 1) # 6891.1 Brighter, larger, and more ergonomic positioning when shooting underwater. Rotates for landscape or portrait shots.
- Cable Top Handle Grip # 4080.07 The most convenient way to carry the system when shooting with two strobe arms.
- Adding an external strobe or video light enhances your photos' color and sharpness underwater. If you will be shooting below 45 ft (13m) or in an indoor pool, your photos will be predominantly blue-green without an artificial light source.