Ikelite 200DLM/A Underwater Housing for Canon EOS M6 Mirrorless Digital Camera
<ul> <li>True TTL exposure</li> <li>Superb handling</li> <li>Durability and corrosion free performance</li> <li>The Lens Support You Want</li> </ul>
SKU: # ike-6973.06
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
Ikelite 200DLM/A Underwater Housing for Canon EOS M6 Mirrorless Digital Camera
Superb handlingThis powerful compact housing packs in all of Ikelite's latest upgrades to controls and ergonomics. The shutter lever has been updated to a more sensitive and natural feeling curved design. The standard control hugs the side of the housing for comfortable use when hand holding. It can be easily extended using the optional Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93 to put it within easy reach when using a right-hand quick release handle.
The (*) button is accessed by a lever placed right where your thumb is for quick access to this customizable push button. This control may also be extended using the Shutter Trigger Extension # 4077.93. Less often accessed controls are located in the same configuration as on the camera to replicate the muscle memory and familiarity you've developed with your camera on the surface.
Ikelite's push buttons have been redesigned to reduce weight and salt build-up. The video record start/stop button is bright red anodized so that you never miss the action. The back of the housing features laser engraved control symbols which will never fade or fall off.
The camera mount is front-loading for easy installation and removal. A small mounting plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and secures in the front of the housing. The camera mounting plate does not need to be removed from the camera for surface use or when changing the battery or memory cards. The mounting plate features a 1/4-20 threaded mount on the bottom so that it can be attached to a tripod on the surface.
The unique rear seal design prevents accidental twisting or stretching of the o-ring for simple and confident assembly. Ikelite has eliminated the need for an o-ring groove or channel which can trap sand, dirt, or debris. Two double-passivated stainless steel locking lid snaps are simple to use and virtually unbreakable. The clear back allows you to see the o-ring form a solid, watertight seal as it closes.
A spare 1/2-20 threaded accessory port is provided on the side of the housing for easily installation of the optional Vacuum Kit # 47012. A vacuum kit allows you to pressurize the housing to check for proper assembly prior to entering the water.
The camera's large, super-bright LCD screen is viewable edge-to-edge through the back of the housing.
True TTL exposureLight is absorbed as it travels through even short distances underwater, making colors appear dull or monochromatic. To preserve the natural colors of your subject, it's important to stay within arm's reach—no more than 3-4 feet (1m) away.
An integrated TTL circuit is fine-tuned to the Canon EOS M6 flash exposure protocol for the most accurate exposure possible. The circuit is powered by the strobe for zero maintenance and no batteries to change. Exposure compensation in TTL mode is supported using the camera's built-in control. At this time, only Ikelite DS strobes are capable of powering the circuitry. Sea & Sea, INON, and Nikonos strobes will still enjoy fast recycle times and improved battery life, but must be used in manual exposure modes only.
This housing provides a direct electrical connection to the camera's external flash hot shoe. Cord attachment is as easy as screwing in a light bulb, and the threaded fit prevents accidental detachment during use. The bulkhead connection has been moved to the top of the housing to keep cords out of your way and reduce strain on the cord ends. A variety of sync cord terminations are available for Ikelite, Sea & Sea, INON, or Nikonos strobes for ultimate versatility.
The camera's built-in flash is suitable for firing an external strobe, but not for lighting a photo underwater. Two fiber optic ports are built into the front of the housing provide an attachment point for fiber optic cords from most major manufacturers. Use of a fiber optic connector requires the camera's built-in flash to fire, reducing battery life and bypassing the TTL functionality of the housing.
A bright constant-on video light can be used instead of or in addition to a flash. A constant-on light is not as bright as a strobe flash. Constant-on lights do provide added versatility because they can be used for focus assist and for improved colors when shooting video.
Two 1/4-20 threaded mounting points are included on the bottom of the housing for the attachment of a tray and handle system. Handles provide improved ergonomics underwater and are the foundation for your lighting mounts.
There is a simple rule that brighter is better underwater. A high-quality lighting system can produce magazine quality results with almost any camera system.
The Lens Support You WantIt couldn't be more simple to change ports than this system—just press the port on and tighten three thumb screws. Feel positive reinforcement that the port is secure with simple parts you can trust in a remote location.
This housing accepts a variety of ports from Ikelite's DLM Port System to accommodate all of the most popular zoom, macro, and wide angle lenses. Ikelite's custom optical grade acrylic domes components provide the color, clarity, and durability of glass at a fraction of the travel weight and cost.
Lens port sold separately.
Durability and corrosion free performanceIkelite's new white ABS-PC blend housing provides strength and corrosion free performance year with minimal maintenance. The specially formulated color deflects the sun to keep your camera running cooler, longer. Compared to black or clear housings, the light color provides superior contrast for enhanced view of the camera, LCD screen, and o-ring seal.
Ikelite products are designed, built and tested in the USA. Ikelite uses locally sourced, top-grade materials. Ikelite's housings are built by hand and individually tested for fit and function. Every unit is water pressure tested to 200 feet (60m). Ikelite backs their products with over 50 years of experience and the best reputation for service within the dive industry.
Camera CompatibilityThis housing is designed for use with the Canon EOS M6 camera. Ikelite is not aware of any other camera models which may be used in or adapted to this particular housing.
- Serial number requirements
- AF35: not compatible
- DS50: yes, above serial number 70000
- DS51: yes
- DS125: yes, above serial number 5000
- DS160, DS161: yes
- DS200: yes, above serial number 7163
- Electrical sync cord compatibility
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Sync Cord (TTL) Product 4103.51
- Ikelite-to-Ikelite TTL Dual Sync Cord (TTL) Product 4103.52
- Sea & Sea / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4118.1
- Sea & Sea / INON Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Dual Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4118.2
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4116.31
- Nikonos SB Strobe-to-Ikelite Non-TTL Sync Cord (Manual) Product 4116.32
- Housing Rear O-Ring # 0110
- Housing Front O-Ring # 0132.36
- Waterproof bulkhead cap # 9104.5
- Control + Push Button Tip Assortment # 9249.3
- 1/16" Hex Key # 0945.16
- Lubricant # 0184.2
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Lens port required for waterproof operation. Lens port sold separately.
- 200 ft (60m) depth rating
- DLM Type A port mount
- Controls for all important camera functions; controls are not provided for Control Dial, WiFi Button, or Flash Switch; Most Control Dial features may be accessed using the up/down/left/right buttons; If using a fiber optic strobe, the flash must be extended prior to installing in the housing
- Ikelite flash bulkhead connector with built-in TTL circuitry
- Two 1/4-20 threaded tray mounts with 3-inch (76mm) spacing
- Slightly negative buoyancy in fresh water
- Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
- Weight 2.9 pounds (1.3 kg) not including port
- Dimensions 7.5 x 6.0 x 5.2 in (191 x 152 x 132 mm) including projections
- ABS-PC, acrylic, and acetyl construction
- 0110 - Rear o-ring
- 0132.36 - Front port o-ring
- 9104.5 - Waterproof bulkhead cap
- 9249.6 - Port Securing Thumbscrews (Set of 3)
- 0184.2 - Silicone lubricant resealable 2cc tube