Aquatica A7D Underwater Housing for Canon 7D camera with dual Nikonos bulkheads
Aquatica is proud to announce its latest addition, a housing for the new Canon 7D. With an 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor and 1080p HD video recording with manual controls, this camera/housing combination is the ultimate refinement of underwater imaging at the moment. <br><br>
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
Overview / Product Description
Aquatica is proud to announce its latest addition, a housing for the new Canon 7D. With an 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor and 1080p HD video recording with manual controls, this camera/housing combination is the ultimate refinement of underwater imaging at the moment.
Being introduced on Aquatica housings for Canon is the options of Optical Fiber and/or regular Nikonos and Ikelite bulkhead connectors to take full advantage of the newer technologies available in underwater strobes on the market today. This light weight housing is machined from solid aluminum, now with a new 5 axis machining center, Aquatica is able to reduce weight like never before. It is then treated and anodized to military specification, then painted and baked with a robust weather and wear resistant powder coating , this housings maybe light but will still benefit from the same 300 ft. + depth rating that has set them apart from competitors for so long.
The 7D housing features easy access to the vital video function controls while retaining its ease of operation for still imaging, it has the same mounting bayonet that will accept existing Aquatica accessories as well as ports, including the Megadome.
- Optical Fiber Strobe Connectors: This Aquatica housing introduces the optical fiber connection to our line up of housings. Options include Optical ports for both Sea & Sea or INON type connectors, as well, traditional methods of connecting strobes via the Nikonos or Ikelite standard connectors are retained, it in essence, make this housing the most flexible in the industry as far as connectivity to underwater strobes.
- Bayonet Port: Positive four point bayonet mounting and a locking mechanism leaves no doubt that your ports are secure in place and water tight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings, offers the fastest and most comprehensive access to the lenses for rapid changing without having to remove the camera from the housing. This housing allows use of lenses from a 10mm/180 degrees fisheye lens to a 200mm macro lens. Tele-converter port extensions are also available.
- Menus: Buttons have been angled 20 degrees and extended when needed for better ergonomic, knob are now grooved and knurled for optimum operation when wearing thick gloves.
- Hydrophone: available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessories bulkhead mounting holes.
- Controls: Fingertip access to all camera menus and video controls includes On-Off, Live View mode, Record On/Off, Exposure Mode, bracketing, Meter positioning and focus control, AF activation and lock access via a single easy access lever. Access to all menu features include review, enlarge and delete, histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens Release: A lever is provided for easy lens changing through the front port with camera installed.
- Remote Control Grip: available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessories bulkhead mounting holes.
- Viewing Eye Piece: The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. In this aspect our housing uses a viewfinder that show the biggest and the brightest image possible in full frame viewing to your eye. An accessory Aqua View Finder is also available giving the user unparallel viewing of the camera's viewfinder for sharp focusing and exact composition.
- Depth rating: 300 feet/90 meters (upgradeable on request to 425ft/130 meters)
- Precision machined from a single aluminum block. This light weight housing is fully anodized to military specifications and coated with robust wear resistant coating. All function labels are pad printing so they will not peel off or fade.
- Accurately balanced ergonomic design - all controls including the video activating controls are within easy reach.
- Excellent underwater balance.
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis.