- No penetration of the housing so no concern of flooding
- Removable in water
- Fairly durable, difficult to damage
- No electronic bulkheads to flood
- No O-rings to maintain
- Can do TTL without the need of a converter, with compatible strobes
- Takes up very little space in your camera bag
- Relatively inexpensive
- Rely on built-in flash's recycle time
- Strobe manufacturer specific
- Can be housing specific
- Can be damaged if not handled correctly
- Requires a housing with an optical port
- Not all strobes accept fiber optic cables
- Does not rely on the camera's flash so fast recycle time
- Compatible with most SLR housings
- Since you are not relying on built in flash, easier on camera battery
- Bulkheads can flood and are susceptible to corrosion
- Cords have O-rings that need to be maintained
- More expensive than fiber optic
- Since the bulkhead penetrates housing potential flood point
- Requires a converter for TTL
- Not all strobes accept electronic sync cords
Still befuddled by the options? No worries! Feel free to contact any one of our Sales Pros who will be happy to recommend what gear you need based on your shooting style.Our Sales Pros are all active divers who regularly use the equipment that we stock, so drop us a line! We're here to help! email@example.com
Why buy direct from Backscatter?
Free lifetime tech support with every purchase.
We will beat any advertised price.
Free shipping to USA and Canada and low cost international shipping.