Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Lens
Sony E 16mm f/2.8 Lens
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Stylishly designed to match NEX cameras, the SEL16F28 is an exceptionally portable and versatile lens that's perfect for both photos and video. This bright lens (16mm focal length, f/2.8 maximum aperture) offers a big, 24mm (35mm equivalent) wide angle and 83° field of view for outstanding low-light performance, and smooth, quiet AF (Auto Focus) operation.
Light weight, heavy duty.
Ultra compact and elegant, the SAL16F28 compliments your camera with a refined feel. The lens barrel is contracted from high-quality aluminum alloy which provides maximum durability in combination with the metal lens mount. Weighing in at only 2.5 oz (70g) it measures 62mm in diameter and 22.5mm thick.
The SAL16F28 features seven aperture blades that form a near circle. This result in a pleasing defocused circular effect on the background of your image when the aperture is set wide open. The same type of internal stepping motor used for the focus drive is used for aperture actuation as well, that result in a smooth, low-noise aperture operation ideally suited to movie shooting.
Smooth Manual Focusing
An easy-grip focus ring on the lens barrel gives you a solid "hands-on" feel in manual focusing. Additionally, Direct Manual Focus (DMF) allows you to focus manually after AF lock-on without the need for any switching. This can be extremely useful in situations where AF cant lock onto the subject accurately, or when AF locks onto a point that does not match your intention. Electronic manual focus technology was originally developed for professional Sony camcorders to ensure smooth, precise focus control.
Made for movies
The SAL16F28 performs equally as well when shooting video. Thanks to an internal stepping motor and rear-focusing design It has optimized video performance for smooth, quiet operation essential for high-quality movie capture.
Accessories for creative shooting
The VCL-ECU1 Ultra-wide converter and VCL-ECF1 Fisheye conversion lenses can simply be attached to the front of the SAL16F28 to provide ultra wide or fisheye fields of view. Both conversion lenses were developed concurrently with and specifically for the SAL16F28 and integrate elegantly as well. The Ultra-wide and Fisheye conversion lenses offer single-focal-length image quality with superior portability.
- Aperture (Max.) : f/2.8
- Aperture (Min.) : f/22
- Filter Diameter : 49mm
- Lens Groups-Elements : 5 groups, 5 elements (1 aspheric surfaces)
- Minimum Focus Distance : 9.4" (0.24m)
- Aspheric Elements : 1 aspheric surface
- Non-rotating Focusing Ring : No rotation
- AF for Movie Capture : Yes
- Angle of View : 83°
- Aperture Blade : 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length) : 2-7/16 x 7/8" (62x22.5mm)
- Direct Manual Focus : Yes
- Exterior Finish : Metal
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : 24mm
- Focus Ring in AF Mode : No rotation
- Internal Motor : Yes (Stepping motor)
- Lens Weight : 2.5 oz (70g)
- Low Noise During Movie Capture : Excellent
- Maximum Magnification : 0.073x (APS-C)
- Mount Material : Metal
- Service and Warranty Information
- Limited Warranty Term : 1 Year Parts & Labor
- In the Box
- Lens cap
- Lens rear cap