Olympus PEN E-PL10 Mirrorless Camera & Olympus ED M. 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens
Olympus PEN E-PL10 Mirrorless Camera & Olympus ED M. 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 EZ Lens
SKU: # ol-v205101
Regular Price $699.99
Sale Price $599.99
You Save $100.00
Price as Configured
Add the Housing
Add a Recommended Lens Package
Add a Spare Battery
Add a Memory Card
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Olympus PEN E-PL10 Mirrorless Camera
When it comes to photography, your smartphone only does so much. Step up to the PEN E-PL10. This super-compact, lightweight camera is comfortable to carry and designed for a sleek and timeless feel. Advanced technology ensures you’ll capture stunning photos and smooth 4K video. This camera was built to help you create and capture your visions. Share your work on-the-go easily with the built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connection. Stay connected and go beyond your smartphone with the PEN E-PL10.
- 180° Flip Touch Screen
- 4K Ultra HD Video
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Sharing
- 16 Megapixel Live MOS Image Sensor
- 3-Axis Image Stabilization
- TruePic™ VIII Image Processor
- Built-in Flash
- Touch to Focus & Shoot
- 4K Ultra HD Video
- 180 Degree Tilting Touch Screen
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Silent Shooting Mode
A CAMERA THAT COMPLEMENTS YOUA timeless design featuring premium materials and classic color combinations to complement every style so you always look your best.
PREMIUM MATERIALSThe PEN E-PL10 combines pure aesthetics and stylish design with materials like leather, brushed aluminum, and metal textures.
THREE COMPLIMENTARY COLORSChoose from three colors that will complement any style. Try our new sleek all-black look with matching body and lens.
COMPACT AND LIGHTWEIGHTCarrying this camera is so refreshingly easy you’ll take it everywhere. A lightweight body and compact lenses deliver portability only Olympus can offer.
- Key Specs Sensor Effective Resolution / Type: 16.1 Megapixel Live MOS
- Processor: TruPic™ VIII
- Focusing System: Contrast Detection with 121 Focus Points
- Image Stabilization System: In-Body 3-Axis Image Stabilization
- Rear Monitor: 3.0" 180° Tilting Touch LCD
- Creative Features: Live Composite, Selfie Mode, Selfie Video Mode, Video Clips Mode, Advanced Photo (AP) Mode
- Sequential Shooting Speed: 8.6 fps [H Mode], 4.8 fps [L Mode] Mechanical Shutter
- Special Features: Easy image sharing via Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, and Olympus Image Share App; Built-in pop-up flash
Sensor / Dust Reduction
- Sensor Type: 4/3” Live MOS Sensor
- Effective Pixels: 16.1 million
- Total Pixels: 17.2 million
- Filter Array: Primary color filter (RGB)
- Aspect Ratio & Area: 4:3 / 17.4 x 13.0mm
- Dust Reduction: Super Sonic Wave Filter
- Processor Type: Olympus TruePic™ VIII
- AF System Type: High-speed imager AF (Contrast detection)
- Focus Modes: Single AF (S-AF) / Continuous AF (C-AF) / Manual Focus (MF) / S-AF + MF / AF Tracking (C-AF + TR)
- Full-Time AF: Full Time AF
- Magnified Frame:
- Enlarged view check by magnify button
- Magnification 5x, 7x, 10x (Default), 14x
- Face Detection AF / Eye Priority AF
- Available / Available
- Eye Detection AF mode: Off / Nearer-eye priority / Right-eye priority / Left-eye priority
- Focusing Points / Focusing Points Selection Mode
- 121-point contrast-detection AF
- All target, group target (9-area), single target (standard target size / small target size)
- AF Illuminator: Available
- Manual Focus Assist: Focus ring rotation activates Live View image magnification and/or focus peaking when in S-AF+MF or MF mode
- Peaking Function:
- Activate with Fn button or focus ring
- Change peaking settings using the Info button
- Color selection: white or black
- System Type: Built-in 3-axis sensor-shift image stabilization for video and still photos
- Stabilization Performance
- 3.5 EV steps*
- When using M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
- Focal length = 42mm (35mm equivalent: 84mm)
- *Conforms to CIPA standards. When dual-axis vibration is applied (Yaw / Pitch).
- Image Stabilization Mode: 1 mode (S-IS On), Off
- Live View Image Stabilization: Available (Activate with half-pressing shutter button or enlarging view)
- Focal Length Setting: Available (1 setting) *When a lens without electrical contacts is attached, focal length can be set from 0.1 - 1,000 mm (by 0.1 mm step).
- Lens IS Priority: Not available
Shutter / Sequential Shooting
- Shutter Type: Computerized focal-plane, high-speed, mechanical shutter
- Shutter Speed
- 1/4000 - 60 sec. (1/3, 1/2, or 1 EV steps selectable)
- Bulb/Time: default setting 8min. (1/2/4/8/15/20/25/30 min. selectable)
- Electronic first curtain shutter1: 1/320 - 60 sec.
- Sequential Shooting Maximum Speed:
- [Sequential shooting H mode] approx. 8.6 fps
- [Sequential shooting L mode] approx. 4.8 fps
- [Anti-shock sequential shooting H mode] approx. 4.3 fps
- [Silent sequential shooting H mode] approx.. 14.1 fps
- [Silent sequential shooting L mode] approx. 6.1 fps
- *Lens: M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
- (Sequential shooting L mode: 12-40mm F2.8 PRO when in C-AF mode)
- v*Actual sequential shooting speeds may be slower depending on shooting conditions including lens used, brightness, aperture, shutter speed, ISO sensitivity, and exposure compensation.
- Max. Recordable Pictures in Sequential Shooting
- 〔RAW〕: Approx. 14 frames (in sequential shooting L mode and at 4.8 fps), approx. 13 frames (in sequential shooting H mode and at 8.6 fps)
- 〔JPEG: LF〕: Approx. 220 frames (in sequential shooting L mode and at 4.8 fps), approx. 21 frames (in sequential shooting H mode and at 8.6 fps)
- *When using the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ.
- *With Toshiba EXCERIA PRO™ SDHC UHS-I memory card 32GB.
- Based on Olympus measurement conditions.
- *Sequential shooting speeds may be slower from the middle depending on shooting conditions.
- Self Timer: Operation time: 12 sec., 2 sec., custom (Wait time: 1-30sec., Shot interval: 0.5/1/2/3sec., Number of shots: 1-10)
- Anti-Shock Mode:
- Electronic first curtain shutter / 1/320 - 60 sec (For speeds over 1/320 sec., mechanical shutter will automatically be selected when shutter start delay is set to 0 sec.)
- Shutter Start Delay 0, 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, 1, 2, 4, 8, 15, 30 sec
- Shutter Type / Shutter Speed:
- Available in P, A, S, M, ART modes.
- Available as Silent in SCN and AP modes.
- Electronic shutter: 1/16000 - 60 sec.
- Shutter Start Delay: 0 sec
- Silent Mode Settings:
- Available in P, A, S, M, ART modes. (Settings for sound, AF illuminator, and flash can be set to On / Off separately. The default setting is Off.)
- Available as Silent in SCN and AP modes. (Sound: Off, AF illuminator: Off, Flash: Off)
- Rear Monitor Type: 3.0” tilting touch monitor Approx 1037k dots (3:2) electrostatic capacitance touch screen
- Rear Monitor Size: 3.0” / 7.6 cm
- Touch Control:
- Touch Shutter, Touch AF (AF area selection, AF area size adjustment), frame forward/backward, magnified playback, Live Guide, Super Control Panel, New Art Filter mode selection, New scene mode selection, Wi-Fi connection, Movie controls, movie effect, movie teleconverter
- *When in Selfie Mode: Shutter release, e-Portrait, Custom self-timer, Movie, Exposure compensation, Preview
- Tilting Capability: Upward tilting angle: up to 80 degrees Downward tilting angle: up to 180 degrees *mirror display when the monitor is in selfie position
- Brightness / Color Temp Control (Rear Monitor): ±7 levels / ±7 levels
- Color Tone Select: Vivid / Natural
- Live View:
- Approx. 100% field of view, Exposure compensation preview, WB adjustment preview, Gradation auto preview, Face detection preview (up to 8 faces), Gridline, Histogram, Magnification display (x5/x7/x10/x14), Normal, Highlight & Shadow, Level Gauge, Off
- Preview: Available (Preview function can be assigned to the Fn buttons etc.)
- Live View Boost:
- Off: Exposure compensation is reflected.
- On: An image is displayed with the brightness which is easy to see.
- Field of View: Approx. 100%
- Display Mode: Normal Mode, Histogram Mode, Level gauge, Highlight, and shadow, Off
- Monitor Information: Aperture value, Shutter speed, Auto Bracket, AE Lock, AF mode, IS, Shooting Mode, Battery Check, Myset, Internal Temperature Warning, Face / Eye Detection, Histogram, Number of storable still pictures, Record mode, ISO, Sequential shooting, Self-timer, White Balance, Metering Mode, AF confirmation mark, Exposure Compensation Value, Spot metering Area Flash Mode, Flash Status, Flash intensity Control, Super FP, Focal length, Tone control, Eye-Fi condition, Digital teleconverter, Battery check
- Display of Face Detection: Max. 8 frames of face detection can be displayed
Exposure Control / Flash
- Metering System: Digital ESP metering (324-area multi-pattern metering), Center-weighted average metering, Spot metering, Spot metering with highlight control, Spot metering with shadow control (TTL Image sensor metering)
- Metering Range: EV -2 - 20 (at normal temperature, 17mm f2.8, ISO 100)
- Exposure Mode: Auto (Live Guide can be used), P: Program AE (Program shift can be performed), A: Aperture Priority AE, S: Shutter Priority AE, M: Manual (Live Bulb, Live Time and Live Composite are available), Scene Select AE, Advanced Photo AE, Art Filter
- Scene Select AE:
- [Advanced Photo] Live Composite, Live Time, Multiple Exposure, HDR Backlight1, Silent, Panorama, Keystone Compensation, AE Bracketing, Focus Bracketing
- [Scene] Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape + Portrait, Night + Portrait, Children, Night scene, Hand-held Starlight2, Fireworks, Light trails, Sport, Panning, Landscape, Sunset, Beach & Snow, Backlight HDR1, Panorama, Candlelight, Silent, Macro, Nature Macro, Documents, Multi Focus Shot
- 1. 4 images automatically shot and combined into a single image composite
- 2. 8 images automatically shot and combined into a single image composite
- ISO Sensitivity:
- Auto: ISO LOW (approx. 100) - 25600 (customizable, default ISO LOW - 1600)
- Manual: ISO LOW (approx. 100) - 25600 in 1/3 or 1 EV ISO steps
- Exposure Compensation: Still photo ±5 EV, movie ± 3 EV in 1/3, 1/2, 1 EV steps selectable *HDR shooting, monitor and EVF displays only up to ±3 EV
- AE Lock: Locks with half-press of the shutter button or with the press of the Fn button (after assigning AEL/AFL to the Fn button).
- Flash Intensity Control Method: TTL Auto, Auto*, Manual, Super FP*(FP-TTL AUTO, FP-MANUAL) * Available on external flash
- Built-in Flash: TTL Flash, GN=5.4 (ISO100•m) / GN= 7.6 (ISO200•m)
- Flash Mode: Redeye, Slow Sync. (1st curtain), Slow Sync. (2nd curtain), Red-eye Slow Sync. (1st curtain), Fill-in, Manual (1/1 (FULL) ~ 1/64), Flash Off.
- Flash Intensity Control: Up to ±3 EV in 1/3, 1/2, 1 EV steps selectable
- Compatible External Flash: FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-20, FL-14, FL-300R, FL-600R, FL-900R, STF-8, FL-700WR
- Compatible Wireless External Flash: FL-50R, FL-36R, FL-300R, FL-600R, FL-900R, FL-700WR
- Wireless Flash Control Method:
- Olympus Wireless RC Flash system (light-triggered)
- Commander flash: FL-900R, FL-600R,STF-8, FL-700WR, Built-in flash
- Channel: 4 channels
- Group No.: 4 groups (3 groups of external flash + commander flash)
- Wireless RC System: Compatible with Olympus Wireless RC Flash system
Memory / Image Recording (File Format)
- Compatible Memory: SD Memory Card (SDHC, SDXC, UHS-I/II compatible, Eye-Fi Card compatible*) *Not compatible with Endless Memory
- Recording Format: DCF 2.0, Exif 2.3
- File Format: RAW (12-bit lossless compression), JPEG, RAW+JPEG, MPO (3D still)
- Recording Image Size:
- [RAW] 4608 x 3456 pixels
- [JPEG] 4608 x 3456 pixels - 640 x 480 pixels
White Balance / Color Mode
- White Balance Mode: Auto WB, 6 Preset WBs, 4 Capture WBs, Custom WB(Kelvin setting)
- Color Modes: RGB, Adobe RGB
Bracketing / HDR
- Exposure Bracketing:
- Available as AE Bracketing in Advanced Photo mode.
- 3 frames in 1.0 EV steps, 5 frames in 0.7 EV steps.
- Focus Bracketing: Available as Multi Focus Shot in Scene mode and Focus Bracketing in Advanced Photo mode. Shoots 8 frames. (When in Advanced Photo mode, focus steps can be adjusted in 5 or 10 levels.) *Compatible with Micro Four Thirds lenses only.
- HDR (Auto Composite):
- Available as Backlight HDR in Scene mode and HDR in Advanced Photo mode.
- HDR1 (natural), HDR2 (painting-like)*
- Exposure compensation is available*
- ISO sensitivity is fixed at 200, and the maximum shutter speed setting is 4 seconds.
- *Available only when in HDR shooting (AP mode).
- Picture Mode: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e-Portrait, Color Creator, Art Filters
- Gradation: Auto, Normal, High Key, Low Key (except Art Filters)
- Adjustment Parameter: 4 levels (Auto, Normal, High key, Low key)
- Filter Effect (B&W Filter): Neutral, Yellow, Orange, Red, Green for Monotone
- Picture Tone: Neutral, Sepia, Blue, Purple, Green for Monotone
- Art Filter: Sixteen in-camera Art Filters are enhanced by new filter variations, art effects, and bracketing. You can use Art Filters in all shooting modes as well as filming 1080 HD movies.
- Art Filter Modes: Pop Art, Soft Focus, Pale & Light Color, Light Tone, Grainy Film, Pin Hole, Diorama, Cross Process, Gentle Sepia, Dramatic Tone, Key Line,WaterColor, Vintage, Partial Color, Bleach Bypass, Instant Film
- Fine Tune Art Filters: Pop Art I, Soft Focus
- Color Ring (for partial color): 18 colors selectable
- Live Bulb / Live Time: Update Interval Time 0.5 sec – 60 sec
- Live Composite: Update Interval Time / composite method 0.5 sec – 60 sec / Lighten Mode (Bright area prioritization)
- Interval Shooting: 1-999 frames, Interval time 1 sec - 24 hours, Time-lapse movies
- Multiple Exposure (number of pictures/function): 2 frames
Video / Audio Recording
- Video Recording Format: MOV (MPEG-4AVC/H.264), AVI (Motion JPEG)
- Movie Mode: [MOV]
- 3840 x 2160 (4K) / 30p,25p,24p / IPB (approx. 102 Mbps)
- 1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (SF, F, N)
- 1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 60p, 50p / IPB (SF, F, N)
- 1280 x 720 (HD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (SF, F, N)
- 60p: 59.94 fps, 50p: 50.00 fps, 30p: 29.97 fps, 25p: 25.00 fps, 24p: 23.98 fps
- FHD IPB (SF: SuperFine / approx. 52 Mbps, F: Fine / aprox. 30 Mbps, N: Normal / approx. 18 Mbps)
- HD IPB(SF: SuperFine / approx. 26Mbps, F: Fine / approx. 14Mbps, N: Normal / approx. 10Mbps)
- Maximum Video Recording Time: [MOV] Approx. 29min
- Art Filter Movie: Available (All Art Filters*) *Frame rates may drop when using Art Filters and Movie Effects.
- Movie Effect: One-shot echo / Multi echo / Art fade / Old film
- One-touch Movie Teleconverter: Approx. 4x (enlarges view of touched area) *Available in Movie Effects
- Timelapse Movie: [MOV]
- 3840x2160 (4K) / 5fps
- 1920x1080 (FHD) / 5fps, 10fps, 15fps
- 1280x720 (HD) / 5fps, 10fps, 15fps, 30fps
- Clips: 1, 2, 4, 8 sec. (Further continued shooting possible up to 16 seconds by pressing video record button again)
- High-speed movie: 120 fps (1280 x 720, MOV)
- IS for Movie:
- M-IS1* (Image sensor shift and electronic image stabilizer with multi motion IS),
- M-IS2 (Image sensor shift with multi motion IS), Off
- *While using M-IS1, the field of view may be affected.
- Grid Line / Focus Peaking: Available (off, normal grid, golden grid, trichotomy, scale, diagonal) / Available (4 colors for focus peaking)
- Live View Output via HDMI: Monitor Mode (outputs video and info display) *Video and info cannot be displayed on the camera and an output destination at the same time.
- AE Lock: Available
- Video Exposure Control: Program AE, aperture priority AE, shutter priority AE, manual
- Video File Size: .MOV Format: Max 4GB
- Audio Recording Format: Wave Format (Stereo linear PCM/16-bit, Sampling frequency 48kHz)
- Microphone / Speaker: Stereo / Mono
- Microphone Function:
- Wind noise reduction, recording volume (audio quality may be affected)
- Audio dubbing possible for still pictures (up to 30 sec.)
- GPS Info.Function
- Via smartphone GPS data
- Image Share
- File Type: JPEG1, MOV
- Connect to up to 4 devices simultaneously. Marking function for image share.
- Easy Connection
- QR Code Setting
- Wireless Shooting
- Live View
- Rec View
- Wireless Touch AF shutter
- Self Timer (w/Countdown guidance, Sequential shooting, Short movie recording capability)
- Wireless Release
- Power Off
- 1. Excluding MPO file
- 2. Selectable from iAuto / ART / PASM (Live Bulb, Live Time)
- Control settings for aperture, shutter speed, exposure, ISO sensitivity, white balance, and Drive Mode.
- Wireless Shooting with Smartphone:
- AUTO, SCN, ART, P, A, S, M (Live Bulb, Live Time, and Live Composite), and drive mode can be selected.
- Aperture, shutter speed, exposure, ISO sensitivity, white balance, and sequential shooting can be adjusted.
- *When in private connection.
- Live Guide: Saturation, Color, Brightness, Background Blur, Expressing Motion, Shooting Tips (Multiple effects can be used simultaneously)
- Playback Mode: Single-frame, information display, index display (4/9/25/100 frames), Clips, calendar, enlargement (2x -14x), video (with sound, FF/REW/Pause, Touch operation), Picture rotation (auto), slideshow (with sound and music), alternate music options, dubbed audio playback
- Information Display: Histogram (independent luminance / RGB available), Highlight/Shadow point warning, AF frame, Photographic information, OFF
- Editing Function: RAW data edit, Gradation auto, Monochrome, Sepia, Red-eye fix, Saturation, Resize (1280x960, 640x480, 320x240), Trimming, Aspect, e-Portrait, Image Overlay, Post recording
- RAW Image Editing Functions: RAW data edit based on settings of the camera (including e-Portrait, Color Creator, Art Filter, ART-BKT).
- Preview capability.
- Menu Languages (34 selectable): English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croat, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, Malay, Thai
- Dial Customization: Available (Dial Function)
- Button Customization: Available (Up to 12 functions can be assigned to buttons) *Including Off.
- Copyright Settings / Lens Info Settings: Available / Not Available
Connectivity / Power Requirements
- USB / AV / Remote Controller Connector: USB Micro-B
- HDMI Connector: Micro HDMI (Type-D)
- Flash Attachment: Hot shoe
- Wireless LAN: Built-in (IEEE 8.02.1b/g/n)
- Bluetooth: Built-in (Bluetooth Ver. 4.0)
- Battery: BLS-50 Li-ion battery (included)
- Number of Recordable Pictures: Approx. 350 shots
- Battery Life for Movie Recording:
- Approx. 80 min. (based on JEIA standards)
- Approx. 140 min. (when zoom and other operating functions are not used)
- When repeatedly recording at the maximum time of 29 min. with a fully charged battery and at ordinary temperature of approx.. 23℃.
- *May vary depending on recording conditions including temperature, movie quality
- Lens used: M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
- When recording 4K
Weights & Dimensions / Operating Environment / Box Contents
- Weight: Approx. 380g (with BLS-50 battery and Memory card, based on CIPA standards) Approx. 332g (body only)
- Dimensions: 117.1mm (W) X 68mm (H) X 39mm (D)
- Operating Temperature Range:
- 0 ~ +40°C (operation) / -20 ~ +60°C (storage)
- +32 ~ +104°F (operation) / -4 ~ +140°F (storage)
- Operating Humidity Range: 30 - 90% (operation) / 10 - 90% (storage)
- Box Contents: Body, USB cable, shoulder strap, instruction manual, warranty card, BLS-50 Li-ion battery, BCS-5 Li-ion battery charger