Olympus OM-D E-M10 Micro 4:3 Camera Body
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Micro 4:3 Camera Body
The Olympus OM-D E-M10s 16-megapixel Live MOS sensor, combined with the TruePic VII image processor and M.ZUIKO lenses, delivers beautiful image quality with high resolution, superior color reproduction and high sensitivity that exceeds other cameras in its class. A maximum sensitivity of ISO 25600 is perfect for shooting dark scenes and indoor shooting locations, and ISO LOW mode (100 equivalent) expands the low-sensitivity end.
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
Base Price $
Price as Configured $7,389.85
Overview / Product Description
Best-In-Class Image Quality
The Olympus OM-D E-M10s 16-megapixel Live MOS sensor, combined with the TruePic VII image processor and M.ZUIKO lenses, delivers beautiful image quality with high resolution, superior color reproduction and high sensitivity that exceeds other cameras in its class. A maximum sensitivity of ISO 25600 is perfect for shooting dark scenes and indoor shooting locations, and ISO LOW mode (100 equivalent) expands the low-sensitivity end. The sensors rich dynamic range makes smooth gradations possible and beautifully depicts high-contrast highlights and shadows. Fine Detail Processing II technology configures the appropriate sharpness processing for each individual lens resulting in natural, high-quality resolution.
The Olympus OM-D E-M10s in-body 3-axis image stabilization system is derived from the worlds first 5-axis system in the E-M5 and E-M1. The 3-axis version effectively counteracts yaw, roll and pitch with both still shots and HD movies, regardless of the lens attached to the camera yielding great results even in poor lighting conditions or when using an exposure time of 1/15 second or less.
The on-board FAST AF is Olympus fastest-ever AF system and uses 81 target areas that cover the whole image. Small AF Target and Super Spot AF modes make it possible to zoom in and focus accurately on minute sections of the frame. The E-M10 is also capable of capturing high-speed action with 8fps sequential shooting, the fast processor supports continuous capture of up to 20 RAW frames or an unlimited number of JPEG frames*, and the Continuous Auto Focus with Tracking mode accurately tracks and captures moving subject as fast as 3.5 fps.
Beautiful OM-D Design
The ultra-slim, compact and lightweight Olympus OM-D E-M10 body is built with precision-machined metal parts and a premium feel that inspires the user. Two easy-to-reach metal dials give excellent operability and improved control, and the grip is designed to rest comfortably in the users hand. Despite its size, the E-M10 is the first OM- D with a built-in flash that is optimized for 1/250 second synchronization, a benefit for daytime flash photography. * With TOSHIBA SDHC UHS-I R95/W90 EXCERIA
High-Speed Creative EVF
The large, 1,440,000-dot electronic high resolution viewfinder (EVF) located on the optical axis of the E-M10 features a 120-fps refresh rate, a 100 percent field of view and maximum 1.15x magnification to help accurately frame shots. An eye sensor seamlessly switches the display between the tilting, 3.0-inch touch-screen monitor and the electronic viewfinder. Camera setting information, such as shutter speed, is displayed at the bottom of the viewfinder and photographers can take full advantage of the EVFs ability to display the effects of various exposure adjustments, Art Filter effects and Creative Controls like Color Creator, Image Aspect control, Highlight/Shadow control, Live Histogram, Display of five different grid patterns and even a Level Gauge all without having to remove your eye from the viewfinder.
New features, including Live Composite Mode and Photo & Movie Capture, expand the users creative potential. Live Composite Mode is a tool that offers previews of long exposures in the EVF, a perfect tool for anyone looking to easily capture light trails when shooting a star-filled sky. Photo & Movie Capture lets users shoot high-quality still images without interrupting the video recording. 12 Art Filters, three HDR capture modes and Photo Story support your photographic imagination.
The Olympus OM-D E-M10 includes built-in Wi-Fi, and the setup is simple. By quickly scanning the QR code displayed on the cameras LCD with a smart device, it syncs with the Wi-Fi network created by the camera. The free Olympus Image Share smartphone app synchronizes a users smartphone and E-M10 so the cameras Live View is effectively displayed on the phone. In this way, the camera can be controlled by touching the smartphone display as if it were the camera itself, and users can send selected images directly to websites and social media.
Two New Micro Four Thirds Lenses
Olympus has also introduced two new Micro Four Thirds lenses to its line-up. The super-slim M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm* f3.5-5.6 EZ pancake zoom lens measures just .9 inches thick, making it the worlds slimmest standard zoom lens.** It has a smooth electric zoom that is suitable for shooting movies, and can also be zoomed in and out remotely using compatible smartphones through the updated Olympus Image Share app. The super-bright, lightweight, high-performance M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 25mm* f1.8 lens has a fixed focal length and is ideal for capturing portraits or close-ups from as little as 9.8 inches away. Both new lenses are sold separately.
New Micro Four Thirds Accessories
A host of new Micro Four Thirds accessories join the Olympus Micro Four Thirds line-up, including the fixed- aperture F8.0 Fish Eye Body Cap lens with a focal length of 9mm (35mm equivalent: 18mm). Its an ultra-slim accessory for creative wide-angle shooting through its 5-element, 4-group lens construction. The multi-use lens barrier MF lever switches from pan focus shooting to close up 8-inch shooting with a single press of the lever. The ECG-1 matching ergonomic grip is a removable grip exclusively for use with the E-M10. Designed for absolute comfort, the grip is the perfect thickness for resting the ring finger and pinky when holding the camera. A single press of the lever on the bottom of the grip easily removes it, making replacing batteries and memory cards seamless. The MCON-PO2 macro converter is compatible with six Olympus Micro Four Thirds lenses and adapts them for close-up shooting. Finally, the Automatic Opening Lens Cap LC-37C is available exclusively for use with the new M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ. When the camera is turned off, this accessory protects the lens from dust and scratches, and when the camera is powered on the lens cap instantly opens for snapshots and quick shooting.
The lens technology, sensor and image processor are the core of any digital camera. The OM-D E-M10s partner in photographic excellence is the acclaimed Olympus M.ZUIKO lens system, a family of professional-grade glass that delivers unsurpassed resolution and overall image quality. The E-M10 ups the ante by pairing a 16MP Live MOS sensor with our most powerful TruePic VII image processor for extraordinary resolution and accurate color rendition. Add 3-axis in-body image stabilization that compensates for horizontal and vertical angular shifts (yaw/pitch) as well as camera shake along the optical axis (roll), and you have a camera that captures incredibly sharp images and video, yet is compact enough to bring just about anywhere.
- Lens Mount: Micro Four Thirds
- Camera Format: Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)
- Actual: 17.2 Megapixel
- Effective: 16.1 Megapixel
- Max Resolution: 15.9MP: 4608 x 3456
- Image:Sensor Type/Size: 4/3 Live MOS
- Image Processor: TruePic VII with Fine Detail Processing II Technology
- Image Stabilization:
- Built-in sensor-shift 3-Axis [compensates 3 types of movements (yaw/pitch/roll movements)]
- 4 modes (S-I.S.AUTO, S-I.S.1, S-I.S.2, S-I.S.3), OFF
- Focal length setting: 8, 9, 10, 12, 15,16, 18, 24, 28, 30, 35, 40, 48, 50, 55, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 100, 105, 120, 135, 150, 180, 200, 210, 250, 300, 350, 400, 500, 600, 800, 1000
- Image Aspect Ratio: 4:3(Default) / 3:2 / 16:9 / 1:1 / 3:4
- File Formats:
- Still Images: JPEG, MPO, RAW
- Movies: MOV(MPEG-4AVC/H.264) , AVI(Motion JPEG)
- Audio: Stereo Linear PCM (16-bit), .WAV
- RAW Bit Depth: 12-bit
- Image Editing: RAW development, Gradation auto, Monochrome, Sepia, Red-eye fix, Saturation, Resize (1280x960, 640x480, 320x240), Trimming, Aspect, e-Portrait, Image Overlay, Postrecording
- JPEG Editing: Shadow adjustment, Red-eye fix, Cropping, Aspect, Black&White, Sepia, Saturation, Resize, e-portrait
- RAW Editing:
- RAW development based on settings of the camera (including e-Portrat, Color Creator, Art Filter, ART-BKT).
- 2 programmable settings, preview capability.
- Dust Reduction System: Yes
- Memory Card Type: SD, SDHC, SDXC
Shoot up to 29 minutes of 1080 30p HD video and stereo sound in either .MOV or .AVI formats. A Direct HD Movie Button switches you from still to movie mode with just the press of a button.
- Video Recording: Yes, NTSC/PAL
- 1920 x 1080: 30 fps
- 1280 x 720: 30 fps
- 640 x 480: 30 fps
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Video Clip Length: Up to 29 Min
- Simultaneous Image & Video Recording: Yes; shoot (up to 5 fps in P/A/S/M modes) still images (3200x1800 pixels) without interrupting movie recording
- Audio Recording:
- Built-in Mic: Stereo Optional
- External Mic: Not Available
A Wealth of Built-In Features
The E-M10 is a marvel of thoughtful design and useful functionality. Built-in Wi-Fi for easy image sharing and wireless control, built-in flash for filling in the shadows and a super resolution tiltable LCD monitor with numerous touchscreen control options. Its not what youd call inexpensive, but the value is clear.
- Wi-Fi Capable/ LAN Type: Yes; Built-in Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
- Connection/Sync Process: Connect to up to 4 devices simultaneously via QR code.
- Functions Available:
- The free Olympus Image Share app enables you to:
- 1) Geotag photos with GPS location information,
- 2) Easily share files (JPEG/MOV) to connected smart devices and
- Built-in Flash: Yes
- Flash Modes: Auto, Fill-in, Manual, Off, Red-eye reduction, Slow sync, second-curtain sync, slow sync/red-eye reduction, TTL Auto
- Max Sync Speed: 1/250 sec with built-in flash, 1/200 sec with external flashes (excluding FL-50R; 1/800 sec)
- Flash Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in .3, .5 or 1 EV steps)
- Dedicated Flash System: TTL Groups: 4 (3 external flash groups + built-in flash), Channels: 4
- External Flash Connection: Hot Shoe, PC Terminal, Proprietary, WirelessCompatible External FlashesFL-50R, FL-36R, FL-20, FL-14, FL-300R, FL-600R
- Wireless Flash Control Method: Triggered and controlled by built-in flash (Olympus Wireless RC Flash system compatible)
- Monitor Screen: 3 Wide Touchscreen Tilting LCD
- Monitor Resolution (Pixels): 1,037,000
- Monitor Coverage: 100%
- Monitor Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Touch Control: Shutter release, Enlargement, Live Guide, AF area selection, AF area enlargement and decrease, Frame forward/backward, Enlargement playback, Super Control Panel, Art Filter selection, Scene mode selection, Wi-Fi connection
- Tilting Angle: Upward tilting angle: up to 80 degrees, Downward tilting angle: up to 50 degrees
Life Moves Fastand the E-M10 is Designed to Keep Pace
You might want to wear your running shoes when using the E-M10. High-speed sequential shooting at a best-in-class 8fps and super high-speed FAST AF technology ensure that you wont miss the shot no matter how quickly your subject is moving. In fact, the autofocus tracking function is better than ever thanks to enhancements to the group target Continuous AF function. The E-M10 also provides an 81-point AF grid that covers the entire image frame, giving you more focus options than basic DSLRs. Focus Peaking is available in manual focus mode. The Custom Self Timer and Interval Shooting features are particularly useful for documenting action over a span of time and for creating Time Lapse movies with the OLYMPUS Viewer 3 software (included).
- Focus Type: Contrast Detection
- Focus Mode: Single-AF (S-AF), Continuous-AF (C-AF), Manual Focus (M), S-AF + MF, AF tracking (C-AF + TR)
- Autofocus Points: 81 (AF grid covers whole frame); Group, Small and Super Spot AF targets available
- Face and Eye Detection: Available; Eye Detection AF mode: Off / Nearer-eye priority / Right-eye priority / Left-eye priority
- Manual Focus Assist: Yes; Focus Peaking function and Magnified Focus Assist function available
- AF Illuminator: Yes
- Continous Shooting Burst Rate:
- Up to 8 fps in Single Autofocus mode (S-AF)
- [Sequential shooting H mode; Focus and exposure are fixed at the values for the first shot]
- Up to 3.5 fps in Continous Autofocus mode (C-AF)
- [Sequential shooting L mode; Focus and exposure are adjusted for every shot]
- Type: Mechanical
- Speed: 60 - 1/4000 sec
- Self Timer:
- 12 sec, 2 sec
- Custom: 1-30 sec at 0.5, 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 sec intervals
- Number of Shots: 1-10
- Interval Recording: Yes; Interval Time 1sec. - 24 Hours, Max 999 frames.
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- HDMI D (Micro) (out)
- Hot Shoe for flash attachment
- Remote Control: RM-UC1 (Optional)
- Wi-Fi Capable:
- Yes; Built-in Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
- Connect to up to 4 devices simultaneously via QR code.
- Geotagging and file (JPEG/MOV) sharing to smart devices possible via the free Olympus Image Share app
- Wireless remote operation: Live View, Rec View, Wireless Touch AF shutter*, Wireless Release, Power Off
- *Selectable from iAuto /ART/P/A/S/M (Live Bulb, Live Time)
- *Control settings for aperture, shutter speed, exposure, ISO sensitivity, white balance and Drive Mode.
- ISO Sensitivity: Auto, LOW (approx. 100) 25600,
- Metering Method: Center-weighted average metering, Multi-zone metering, Spot metering
- Exposure Modes:
- Manual (M), Aperture Priority (A), Shutter Priority (S), Programmed Auto (P), iAUTO, Scene Selection (SCN), Bulb, Time, Underwater, Art Filter
- Metering Range: EV -2.0 - EV 20.0
- Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV steps)
- White Balance Modes: Auto, Sunny(5300K), Shadow(7500K), Cloudy(6000K), Incandescent(3000K), Fluorescent(4000K), Underwater, WB Flash(5500K), Custom WB (Kelvin setting)
- Picture Modes: i-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Color Creator, Art Filters
- Live Guide: Color saturation, Color image, Brightness, Blur Background, Express Motion, Shooting Tips
- Live Control: Battery information, Shooting mode, Shutter speed, Aperture value, Exposure compensation value, ISO sensitivity,Exposure compensation indicator, Exposure indicator, Flash intensity compensation indicator, Date, Auto BKT setting, NR setting, WB, Record mode, Flash Status, Image size, Drive mode, Flash intensity compensation value, Metering mode, Recordable still image number, Focusing mode, AF frame, Internal Temperature Warning, IS activating mode, Face detection, My Mode, Multi Exposure, Aspect Ratio
- Super Control Panel: Battery information, Shooting mode, Shutter speed, Aperture value, Exposure compensation value, ISO sensitivity,Exposure compensation indicator, Exposure indicator, Flash intensity compensation indicator, Date, Auto BKT setting, NR setting, WB, WB compensation value, Record mode, Flash Status, Record mode, Image size, Drive mode, Flash intensity compensation value, Metering mode, Recordable still image number, Focusing mode, AF frame, Colour space, Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation, Internal Temperature Warning Gradation, IS activating mode, Face detection, My Mode, Multi Exposure, Aspect Ratio, Super FP
- Playback: Single-frame, Information display, Index display (4/9/25/100 frames), Calendar, Enlargement (2x - 14x), Movie (with sound, FF/REW/Pause), Picture rotation (auto), Slideshow (with sound including BGM, Slide show effects, replaceable BGM), Light Box display
- Information Display: Histogram (independent luminance / RGB available), Highlight/Shadow point warning, AF frame, Photographic information, OFF
- Languages: 34 languages available: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Czech, Dutch, Danish, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Croat, Slovenian, Hungarian, Greek, Slovakian, Turkish, Latvian, Estonian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Serbian, Bulgarian, Rumanian, Indonesian, Malay, Thai
- 1 x BLS-5 Li-ion battery (included);
- Records approx. 320 shots per charge
- Operating Enviroment:
- Operating Temperature: 32 to 104_F (0 to 40_C)
- Humidity: 30 - 90%
- Storage Temperature: -4 to 140_F (-20 to 60_C)
- Humidity: 10 - 90%
- Environmentally sealed: No
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 4.7 inch (W) x 3.2 inch (H) x 1.8 inch (D) / 119.1mm (W) _ 82.3mm (H) _ 45.9mm (D)
- Weight: 14 oz / 0.87 lb / 396 g (with battery and memory card)
- Box Contents: E-M10 Camera body, Li-ion battery BLS-5, Li-ion battery charger BCS-5, USB cable, Shoulder strap, OLYMPUS Viewer 3 (CD-ROM), Instruction manual, Warranty card