Nikon Z ƒ Mirrorless Camera
Nikon Z ƒ Mirrorless Camera
Add a Spare Battery
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Nikon Z ƒ Full-frame Mirrorless Camera
Performance to inspire.Full-frame image quality, depth, and dynamic range. Autofocus built from Deep Learning technology. Astounding low-light performance and image stabilization.
Full-frame image quality.
The versatility of a full-frame Nikon sensor.
- More Light Capture
- Smoother Bokeh
- Richer Color Tone
- Wider Views
EXPEED 7: The latest in image processing technology.
- 10x faster than previous generations of EXPEED image processing.
- Enhanced by sophisticated Deep Learning technology.
- The same powerful processing engine is used in Z 9 and Z 8.
Makes shooting effortless.
Subject Recognition with 3D TrackingLike the Z 9 and Z 8, the Z f’s autofocus system recognizes a wide range of common subjects—people, cats, dogs, birds, bicycles, motorbikes, cars, aircraft, and trains—and uses Deep Learning technology to provide precisely the right focus and tracking for each.
Eye-Detection AF for Photos and VideosThe Z f automatically locks onto the eyes of people, pets, and birds, even when they’re extremely small in the frame. For the first time, the feature is also available for manual focus lenses, automatically magnifying the area around the eyes so you can quickly confirm sharp focus.
Up to 30 fps High-Speed CaptureNail the decisive moment with 14 fps continuous shooting using the Z f’s mechanical shutter, which has been tested to 200,000 cycles, or activate C30+ for up to 30 fps using the silent electronic shutter.
Pre-Release CaptureRecord the moments before you actually press the shutter release button—up to 30 fps—saving shots that would otherwise have been missed.
Auto Mode Enhanced by Deep LearningThe Z f’s Deep Learning technology analyzes your shooting situation and automatically adjusts the aperture, ISO, and shutter speed to match your intentions. You can automatically capture portraits with beautiful background blur or have all the faces in focus for a group shot.
Takes low light to a new high.
Widest ISO Range Among Z Series CamerasISO 100-64,000 for stills with low noise across the entire range. ISO 100-51,200 for video.
AF Detection Down to -10 EVThe lowest of any Z series camera, it detects faces and even eyes in extremely dark scenes.
Selective Noise ProcessingSeeks out mid-tones where noise tends to increase—especially on flat surfaces—for sharp, clear, low-light images with rich saturation.
HEIF Image Format for Richer Tonal GradationRicher tonal gradation than JPEG with increased luminance at a comparable file size. Great for stills and creating 4K HLG time-lapse videos in-camera.
Takes image stabilization to a whole new steady.
8.0 stops of 5-axis VR image stabilization.Slow your shutter speed an excellent 8.0 stops slower than would otherwise be possible without causing image blur.
World’s first focus-point stabilization.The Z f applies stabilization to the area around the active focus point, wherever it is in the frame, providing precise correction right where you need it.
Built-in creativity. Designed to inspire.
Dedicated Black & White ModeWith the flick of a switch, express composition, patterns, light, and shadows in their purest form. New Flat and Deep Tone Monochrome Picture Controls give you flexible control for video and stills.
96MP Ultra-High Resolution StillsActivate Pixel Shift Shooting and create the highest resolution, lowest noise, and lowest false color (moiré) still images ever produced in a Nikon camera. (Requires NX Studio to combine a 32-image sequence into one 96MP image.)
Beautiful Portraits Made EasyApply Skin Softening, easily adjust the hue and brightness of skin tones, retain maximum detail with a new Rich Tone Portrait color profile, and more—all in-camera.
Picture Controls & Creative Picture ControlsFind exactly the right style and mood for your photos and videos with easy-to-use presets you can preview in real time.
Flexible video. Crisp footage up to 4K/60p captured in camera.
4K/30p oversampled from 6K.Capture ultra-sharp detail from the sensor’s 6K image data for footage that exceeds the resolution of normal 4K UHD.
4K/60p and 1080/120p slow-motion.Add a high-end touch to your videos with smooth, slow-motion sequences. 4K/60p is available in DX-Crop Mode.
Internal 10-bit H.265 in SDR/N-Log/HLG.A wide range of options makes it easy to render beautiful colors directly from the camera or through grading in post-production.
Over 2 hours of continuous recording.Record continuous clips up to 125 minutes long directly to the memory card; no external capture device required.
Front-facing screen for content creation.Bring the exceptional quality of full-frame footage to your content. Touch controls make it easy to start and stop recording.
Versatile video control.
New Shutter-Priority Exposure ModeRecord with a fixed shutter speed. The Z f will make smooth adjustments to ISO and aperture to maintain even brightness in your shot.
5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image StabilizationSmooth handheld shots and camera movements. For extra stability during walking shots, Electronic VR works in conjunction with the Sensor-Shift VR.
Fine Exposure AdjustmentsAdjust ISO in fine increments of 1/6 EV for smooth transitions from light to dark areas. Adjust shutter speed to as slow as 1/4 second.
Shooting experience. Form and function in perfect harmony.
The authentic feel of precision mechanics.From the tactile knurling of the brass dials to the oh-so-satisfying click of the mechanical shutter release button, every element of the Z f is carefully crafted to provide not just a beautiful appearance but also a precision, tactile shooting experience.
New touch control while shooting through the EVF.While shooting through the viewfinder, you can simultaneously use the Z f’s touchscreen to move focus points, select a different subject to track, toggle between display modes, and more—all without ever taking your eyes off the scene.
Nikon’s premium build quality.
- Photo of the Z f camera illustrating the articulating LCD screen
- Fully Articulating Touchscreen
- Magnesium Alloy
- Durable Weather Sealing
- Protective Fluorine Sensor Coating
- Circular Eyepiece
- Soft Shutter Release Button (Sold separately)
- Dual Card Slots (SD and MicroSD)
- SmallRig Grip (Sold separately; available at your local retailer.)
- Effective Pixels: 24.5 million
- Sensor Size: 35.9 mm x 23.9 mm
- Image Sensor Format: FX
- Storage Media: SD (Secure Digital), UHS-1 and UHS‑II compliant SDHC and SDXC memory cards - microSD cards (UHS-1 compliant microSDHC and microSDXC memory cards)
- ISO Sensitivity: ISO 100 to 64000 in steps of 1/3 and 1 EV - Can also be set to approx. 0.3, 0.7, or 1 EV (ISO 50 equivalent) below ISO 100 or to approx. 0.3, 0.7, 1, or 1.7 EV (ISO 204800 equivalent) above ISO 64000; auto ISO sensitivity control available - Note: ISO sensitivity is limited to 400–64000 when HLG is selected for tone mode.
- Movie: 4K UHD 3,840 × 2,160 /30p/25p/24p - Full HD 1,920 x 1,080 /120p/100p/60p/50p/30p/25p/24p - Actual frame rates for 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 119.88, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively - 4K UHD 3840 x 2160 /60p at DX Crop
- Monitor Size: 3.2 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type: Vari-angle TFT touch-sensitive LCD
- Battery / Batteries: One EN-EL15c rechargeable Li-ion battery - EN‑EL15b and EN‑EL15a batteries can be used in place of the EN‑EL15c. Note, however, that fewer pictures can be taken on a single charge than with the EN‑EL15c. EH‑7P charging AC adapters and EH‑8P AC adapters can be used to charge EN‑EL15c and EN‑EL15b batteries only.
- Approx. Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth): 5.7 in. (144 mm) x 4.1 in. (103 mm) x 2 in. (49 mm)
- Approx. Weight: 22.29 oz. (630 g)