Nikon Z 50 Mirrorless Camera
Nikon Z 50 Mirrorless Camera
Add the Lens Adapter
Mount your Nikon SLR lenses onto the Nikon Z Camera.
Base Price $
Price as Configured $7,389.85
Overview / Product Description
Nikon Z50 Mirrorless Camera
Tiny has never been a bigger deal.Meet the Z series mirrorless camera for the rest of us. Insanely small. Tough. Dead simple to use. Connected to your phone. Ready to transform you into a pro-caliber creator. Your followers won’t know what hit ’em.
Creativity comes full circle.
A bigger mount. What a bright idea.Z 50 is designed around Nikon’s revolutionary Z mount, the widest lens mount of any comparable camera system. A wider mount means more light, and more light means more of everything good—sharpness, contrast, focusing speed, low light performance and image quality.
It’s your story. Tell it beautifully.4K Ultra HD and time-lapse, 1080p slow-motion, filters, effects and so much more.
Edit videos on the fly.Shoot a clip, trim it right in the camera, send it to your phone and post it without missing a beat.
Life’s more fun in slow motion.Turn an ordinary moment into an epic 120 FPS slow motion 1080p Full HD video, great for bending time, speed ramping and more.
Little but fierce.Slim, sleek, rugged design for every adventure.
The power of Z, only smaller.Z 50 delivers the award-winning performance of Z series in the smallest interchangeable lens DX-format camera ever.
Have camera, will travel.Z 50’s strong, durable magnesium alloy construction makes it tough enough to take just about anywhere without fear. No need to baby this baby.
Your ’gram is going to love it.From camera to your followers in a snap.
Works with your smartphone.Built-in Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth make sharing a snap. Install Nikon’s SnapBridge app, and your Apple® or Android™-powered phone becomes a powerful accessory for Z 50. Easily transfer photos and videos from the camera to your phone, and even use your phone as a remote monitor to see what Z 50 sees, adjust camera settings, take pictures and record video.
Shines in low light.With a 20.9MP DX CMOS sensor, a robust EXPEED 6 engine and the light-gathering advantages of the wider Z mount, photos and videos shot in low light look clean and professional.
See for your selfie.Flip down the LCD screen to activate Self Portrait Mode—perfect for taking selfies and for vlogging.
Eye catching in so many ways.When shooting photos, Z 50’s outstanding autofocus system can lock onto your subject’s eye and keep focus there, even when they’re in motion, for beautifully focused portraits.
Creative filters and effects.Get creative with unique mood-setting filters and effects. Z 50 includes 20 high quality Creative Picture Controls and 10 Special Effects, all of which can be previewed in real-time and applied to both photos and videos.
Silence is golden.When you need to be a fly on the wall—capturing intimate moments, candid portraits, wildlife, music and more—turn on Silent Photography Mode and shoot in complete silence.
Oh, what a viewfinder.Feast your eyes on Z 50’s stunning high-resolution Electronic Viewfinder (EVF). It activates when you bring the camera to your eye, and it shows you exactly how your photos and videos will look—preview Creative Picture Modes, filters, effects and camera settings in real time.
A touch of genius.Swipe through photos and videos, touch to focus, navigate camera menus as easily as using a smartphone with Z 50’s large high-resolution touchscreen.
Z mount. One size fits all.Your lens collection can grow with your creative aspirations. Z 50 works with all the cutting-edge NIKKOR Z lenses and approx. 360 compatible DSLR lenses (with the optional Mount Adapter FTZ).
Your camera, your style.Customize your Z 50 to match your one-of-a-kind style with one of four newly designed camera bags.
- Effective Pixels (Megapixels): 20.9 million
- Sensor Size: 23.5 mm x 15.7 mm
- Image Sensor Format: DX
- Storage Media: SD (Secure Digital) and UHS-I compliant SDHC and SDXC memory cards
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed at Full Resolution: 11 frames per second
- ISO Sensitivity
- ISO 100 - 51,200 in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV
- Can also be set to approx. 1 or 2 EV (ISO 204,800 equivalent) above ISO 51,200; auto ISO sensitivity control available
- 4K UHD 3,840x2,160 / 30 fps
- 4K UHD 3,840x2,160 / 25 fps
- 4K UHD 3,840x2,160 / 24 fps
- Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 120 fps
- Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 100 fps
- Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 60 fps
- Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 50 fps
- Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 30 fps
- Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 25 fps
- Full HD 1,920x1,080 / 24 fps
- Full HD 1,920x1,080 slow-mo / 30 fps x4
- Full HD 1,920x1,080 slow-mo / 25 fps x4
- Full HD 1,920x1,080 slow-mo / 24 fps x5
- Actual frame rates for 120p, 100p, 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 119.88, 100, 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively
- Quality selection available except at sizes of 3,840 x 2,160, 1,920 x 1,080 120p/100p, and 1,920 x 1,080 slow-motion or when U or 6 is selected in q mode, in which case quality is fixed at m (high)
- Monitor Size: 3.2 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type: Tilting TFT, Touch-Sensitive LCD
- Battery / Batteries: One EN-EL25 rechargeable Li-ion battery