Nikon D3s Digital SLR Camera Body
Rugged construction houses barrier-breaking technologies, delivering low-noise 12,800 ISO still shooting at up to 9-fps, with exceptionally rich 24-fps HD video.
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
Overview / Product Description
Nikon-original FX-format CMOS Sensor
Newly engineered for striking image fidelity and low-noise, optimizing pixel size and count in a 12.1-megapixel sensor to produce extraordinarily rich files.
Low Noise ISO Sensitivity from 200 to 12,800
Renowned low-noise performance at 12,800, plus expanded settings to an astounding ISO 102,400 (equivalent) and ISO 100 (equivalent).
Continuous Shooting Up to 9 FPS
Secure exacting moments in time with an expanded buffer, allowing continuous capture of up to 82 JPEG (fine) or 36 14-bit NEF (RAW) images.
HD Video Capture
Record smooth 24 fps HD video, leveraging low-noise D3S image quality along with high fidelity stereo sound capability.
One-button Live View with Two Shooting Modes
Two modes for studio or remote shootingTripod Mode offers 27x magnification for precise focus confirmation.
3-Inch Super-density 921,000-dot VGA LCD Monitor
D3S monitors are individually calibrated during assembly to assure accuracy.
100% Viewfinder Coverage
Dual CF Card Slots with Overflow, Backup and Copy Options
Image Sensor Type
LCD Monitor Size
3 in. diagonal
Slowest Shutter Speed
30 sec. in steps of 1/3
Fastest Shutter Speed
1/8000 sec. in steps of 1/3
Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity
200 in steps of 1/3
Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity
12,800in steps of 1/3
CompactFlash (Type I/II, compliant with UDMA)
2 CompactFlash cards
Live View Shooting
1) Type G or D AF NIKKOR: All functions supported
2) DX AF NIKKOR: All functions supported except FX-format (36x24)/ 1:2 (30x20) image size /5:4 (30x24)
3) AF NIKKOR other than type G or D*2: All functions supported except 3D Color Matrix Metering II
4) AI-P NIKKOR: All functions supported except autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II
5) Non-CPU AI NIKKOR: Can be used in exposure modes A and M; electronic rangefinder can be used if maximum aperture is f/5.6 or faster; Color Matrix Metering and aperture value display supported if user provides lens data
Single-servo AF (S)
Battery / Batteries
EN-EL4a Lithium-ion Battery
EN-EL4 Lithium-ion Battery
Width 6.3 in. (159.5mm)
Height 6.2 in. (157mm)
Depth 3.4 in. (87.5mm)
43.7 oz. (1,240g)