Nauticam MWL-1 Macro to Wide Angle Lens
Nauticam MWL-1 Macro to Wide Angle Lens
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Nauticam MWL-1 Macro to Wide Angle Lens 1 150° FOV with Full Frame 60mm Macro Lens
The Nauticam MWL-1 is a revolutionary concept! It is a wet-mounted ultra wide lens (meaning it can be attached and removed underwater) designed to be used with a 60mm full-frame equivalent macro lens that results in an ultra-wide 150º field of view. The MWL-1 can focus from the lens' front element to infinity. Ultra wide angle and macro perspectives are now available on the same dive - even with full frame DSLR systems.
MACRO TO WIDE ANGLE LENS 1 (MWL-1)The MWL-1, similar to other Nauticam underwater optics is made from precision ground optical glass with advanced anti-reflective coatings to eliminate glare and internal reflection.
MACRO AND WIDE WITH ONE CAMERA LENS!For many photographers, especially those moving up to an SLR or mirrorless system, there is trepidation at being locked into either macro or wide angle on a dive. With compact systems that featured wide zoom range lenses that, when paired with corrective optics, could allow for wide-angle or macro on the same dive. When moving to an interchangeable lens and port system you would previously have been committed to either wide angle or macro for a given dive.
CLOSE FOCUS WIDE ANGLE IMPACTWith the introduction of the MWL-1, not only can you switch between wide angle and macro on the same dive you can also capture unique close focus wide-angle images of macro subjects. This technique works best when a macro subject can be placed very close to the lens where exaggerated perspective makes it pop out from an ordinary background.
The MWL-1 excels at smaller apertures and full-frame shooters will get optimal results at F16 or higher.
MULTIPLE MOUNTING OPTIONSWith two mounting options, Nauticam's bayonet system or one of two available flip mounts, the MWL-1 can be quickly engaged or disengaged or even swapped for a CMC-1, going from wide angle to super macro in seconds.
TRAVEL-FRIENDLYThe compact size, ease of use, focus range and incredible field of view make the MWL-1 the perfect travel-friendly wide-angle option. When heading to a primarily macro destination, bringing the MWL-1 along ensures you'll never miss that spontaneous wide angle shot and presents even greater creative options for close focus wide angle images of macro subjects.
BAYONET MOUNT OPTIONThe MWL-1 comes equipped with an adapter for use with the Nauticam Bayonet Mount System allowing for quick and secure lens changes underwater.
M67 SINGLE FLIP HOLDERThe optional single flip holder (86221) mounts to supported M67 threaded ports to allow the MWL-1 to be secured in front of the port for use or flipped out of the way.
M67 DOUBLE FLIP HOLDERThe optional double flip holder for MWL-1 (86222) allows for the use of either the MWL-1 or a CMC/SMC magnifying lens. The MWL-1 or the macro lens can be flipped into position and locked while the other is securely flipped out of the way.
CROSS-PLATFORM COMPATIBILITYDSLR, Mirrorless, Compact. APS-C, MFT, 1" or Full Frame. The MWL-1 supports a wide variety of lenses and camera platforms. Field of View may vary with different lenses.
What's In The Box:
- M67 to Bayonet Mount Converter (83213)
- Neoprene Port Cover
- Rear Lens Cap for WWL-1/MWL-1 (83221)
- Bayonet Mounting Ring for MWL-1
- Carrying Bag
- Cleaning Cloth
Recommended Mounting Accessories:
- M67 Flip Holder for MWL-1 (86221)
- Double Flip Holder for MWL-1 (86222)
- M67 Bayonet Mount Converter (83213)
Recommended Bayonet Lens Holders for Strobe Arms:
- Bayonet Mount Lens Holder for Arms (83222)
- Bayonet Mount Double Lens Holder for Arms (83223)
- Single Bayonet Lens Holder for 70mm Nauticam Carbon Fiber Aluminum Float Arms (72231)
- Double Bayonet Lens Holder for 70mm Nauticam Carbon Fiber Aluminum Float Arms (72232)
- Single Bayonet Lens Holder for 90mm Nauticam Carbon Fiber Aluminum Float Arms (72241)
- Double Bayonet Lens Holder for 90mm Nauticam Carbon Fiber Aluminum Float Arms (72242)
- Bayonet Mount Lens Holder for Inon Float Arms (83227)
- Weight (Air/Water): 1.20kg / 0.58kg
- Dimensions: 108mm diameter x 120mm length
- Depth Rating: 100m / 330ft
- Mount: Nauticam Bayonet or M67