Inon D-2000 S-TTL Underwater Strobe
Highly advanced new generation strobe with multiple flash modes, including S-TTL, External Auto, 13-step Manual & Nikonos TTL. 20 Guide Number (ISO 100, Air x 1 meter; GN=65/feet), 100 degree circular beam, shutter-linked manual ON, auto OFF focus/target light, advanced pre-flash cancel circuitry, compatible with INON Clear Photo System.
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / CANADA!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
- High power with Guide Number 20, Wide 100_ circular distribution even without a diffuser
- Patented T-shape Twin Flash structure produces guide number 20 (*1) with wide circular beam angle 100_ even without a diffuser to deliver strobe light wide area. The beam coverage increases to 110_ with a diffuser. This ideal circular strobe light distribution does not require locating the strobe parallel to camera to support sophisticated and flexible angled lighting with strobe arm.
- (*1) Measurement in air/ISO100m, Nominal value
- Precise S-TTL Auto mode works with any make
- The D-2000 offers highly accurate S-TTL Auto mode by transmitting built-in flash light to an external strobe regardless of make or model of camera. The S-TTL Auto does not require any complicated setting. You do not have to buy new strobe when you upgrade from point & shoot digital camera to digital SLR camera.
- Fine adjustment to match with your taste even in TTL shooting
- S-TTL Auto mode provides great usability beyond traditional TTL with its fine flash output adjustment simply by dialing the EV. Control Switch on the back control panel.to suits to your real (preferable) correct exposure or to compensate slightly different exposure program among different camera model.
- Besides standard exposure setting, flash output can be adjusted at three steps to increase and five steps to decrease for more usability over conventional TTL.
- Next generation wireless TTL
- The D-2000 Type 4 successfully amplifies receiving optical signal from the slave sensor 20 times more comparing to previous D-2000 Type 3 to provide wireless S-TTL Auto mode without using a fiber optics with optional Wireless Connection Kit.
- Supports professional needs
- The D-2000 offers semi-automatic 24 step External Auto mode with 1/4EV. increments which determines strobe output based on onboard sensor to use for a particular situation where S-TTL Auto does not provide satisfied result, and supports professional needs as well by its 13 step Manual mode with 1/2EV. increments.
- Conventional TTL exposure control is also supported for film camera system (*2).
- (*2) Compatible with optically connected INON "X1 series" or "Optical Converter TTL" only.
- Built-in high-intensity 180 lumen power LED Focus Light
- The Focus Light assists focusing in dark underwater without influence on an image by shutter-linked auto OFF feature (*3). The Type 4 has upgraded 180 lumen LED to benefit you to use as independent diving flashlight as well.
- (*3) Focus Light may be recorded on an image depending on camera system, connection method and shooting condition.
- Integral pre-flash mode detecting function
- Fully compatible with a camera like Nikon digital SLR cameras D700/D300/D200/D90/D80 which alter number of pre-flash between once or twice depending on shooting condition making total flashes twice to three times. The D-2000 automatically identifies number of pre-flash to activate adequate program to support proper functioning of External Auto, Manual as well as precise S-TTL Auto mode.
|Model||INON D-2000 Type4|
|Strobe Control Mode (*1)||S-TTL Auto / External Auto / Manual / TTL Auto (*10)|
|Connection (*1)||Wireless connection / Optical D Cable / Optical Cable / Optical D Slave Cable|
|Guide Number (*2)||20 [without diffuser]|
17 [with optional -0.5 White Diffuser]
12 [with optional -1.5 White Diffuser]
|Settable Flash Output (*2)||20(FULL) 17(-0.5) 14(-1) 12(-1.5) 10(-2) 8.4(-2.5) 7.1(-3) 5.9(-3.5) 5.0(-4) 4.2(-4.5) 3.5(-5) 3.0(-5.5) 2.5(-6)|
(13 steps in 1/2EV increments)
|Settable Aperture Value (*3)||F1.4+1/2EV. - F11 (1/2EV.increments, 12steps)|
F1.4+1/2EV. - F11+1/4EV. (1/4EV.increments, 24steps)
|Focus Light (LED) Intensity||180lm (*4)|
|Beam Angle||100_ x 100_ circular beam [without a diffuser] |
110_ x 110_ circular beam [with a diffuser]
20_ [Focus Light (LED)]
|Color Temp.||5500K[flash light,without a diffuser] |
5400K[flash light,with a diffuser]
Approx. 6000K[Focus Light (LED)]
|Approx. 1.8 seconds minimum: ["eneloop" batteries (*8)] |
Approx. 1.8 seconds minimum: [NiMH batteries (*9)]
Approx. 2.3 seconds minimum: [Alkaline batteries]
Approx. 2.5 seconds minimum: [Lithium 1.5V batteries]
|Approx. 420 flashes: ["eneloop" batteries (*8)] |
Approx. 520 flashes: [NiMH batteries (*9)]
Approx. 400 flashes: [Alkaline batteries]
Approx. 660 flashes: [Lithium 1.5V batteries]
|Focus Light (LED) operable duration|
|Approx. 3hrs 30 min: ["eneloop" batteries (*8)] |
Approx. 3hrs 30 min: [NiMH batteries (*9)]
Approx. 2hrs 15 min: [Alkaline batteries]
Approx. 4hrs 15 min: [Lithium (1.5V) batteries]
|AA "eneloop"(HR-3UTG) x 4, or "new generation" NiMH batteries x 4 (*8) |
AA NiMH x 4 [good quality] (*9),
AA Alkaline x 4,
AA Lithium (1.5V) x 4
|Focus Light Mode||[Single mode] |
Shutter linked auto OFF (manually turns ON / turns OFF upon shutter release)
Shutter linked auto OFF (manually turns ON / turns OFF upon shutter release / automatically turns ON after approx. 0.5 second)
|Dimensions||Diameter: 99mm / 3.9in Height: 122mm / 4.8in Depth: 100mm / 3.9in |
(*Not including Slave Sensor and Arm Base)
|Weight||[air] 544g / 19.2oz (without batteries) |
[underwater] Approx. 47g/1.7oz (with 4 "eneloop" batteries)
|Working Temperature||0_C30_C / 32_F86_F [*water temperature]|
|Storage Temperature||0_C30_C / 32_F86_F [*air temperature] +50_C / 122_F (temporary allowable temperature limit)|
|Depth Rating||100m / 328ft|
|Body Material / Color||Polycarbonate resin / red|
|Package Contents||Magnet, Magnet Screw, Magnet Screw Tighter, Spare O-ring (Battery Box), INON Grease, Light Filter Sticker_Red|
- (*1) Flash modes / connection method is vary depending on camera system. Also flash mode is vary depending on connection method. Please refer to respective sections of the user manuals for detail.
- (*2) Measurement in air/ISO100 _ m, Nominal value
- (*3) Usable for External Auto mode. At ISO100 equivalent film sensitivity.
- (*4) Nominal value by LED manufacture.
- (*5) Measured with FULL strobe output at 30-second intervals with both Focus Light (Z-240,D-2000) and Advanced Cancel Circuit OFF, at 25_ C/ 77_ F giving 10 minutes cooling period every 50 flashes.
- (*6) Operable duration is accumulated time of continuous mode with 5 minute cooling OFF every 30 minutes (Z-240) / 60 minutes (D-2000) at 25_ C/ 77_ F with test batteries * Cooling OFF time is excluded.
- (*7) Recycle Time / Flash Capacity / Focus Light operable duration (Z-240,D-2000) based on INON test data. Actual values may vary depending on battery manufacturer, battery type and age.
- (*8) Including listed "new generation" NiMH batteries ("eneloop" type) having less self-discharging and heat generation charactistic comparing to "conventional" or "high-capacity" NiMH and confirmed compatibility by INON INC,.
- (*9) Some "conventional" or "high-capacity" NiMH rechargeable batteries have significant self-discharge and heat-generatinmg characteristic resulting difficulty to keep their performance during usage. We recommend to use recommended batterie.
- (*10) Usable when connecting to INON [X1 series] or [Optical Converter TTL] using [Optical Cable Connection], or connecting to TTL operation INON strobe (*11) by [Optical D Slave Cable Connection].
- (*11) S-2000, Z-240, D-2000, D-2000S, D-2000W, D-2000Wn
|"eneloop" battery||: SANYO "eneloop", HR-3UTG, 1.2V, Min.1,900mAh, Typ.2,000mAh|
|NiMH battery||: SANYO Twicell 2700 Series, HR-3UG, 1.2V,Min.2,500mAh, Typ.2,700mAh|
|Alkaline battery||: Maxcell ALKALINE ACE, LR6(K), 1.5V|
|Lithium battery (1.5V)||: FUJIFILM/Energizer LITHIUM,FR6, 1.5V|
New generation NiMH batteries
|SANYO||Model name : "eneloop"[recommended] |
Model code : HR-3UTG
|SONY||Model name : Cycle Energy Blue |
Model code : NH-AA-2BKA, NH-AA-4BKA
|Panasonic||Model name : Rechargeable NiMH(AA) |
Model code : HR-3MPS
|Maha Energy Corporation||Model name : IMEDION|
Model code : MHRAAI4
|GP Batteries International Limited||Model name : ReCyko+|
Model code : 210AAHCBE
|ANSMANN AG||Model name : maxE|
Model code : 5030991, 5030992, 5035052
|Electrochem Automation Inc.||Model name : NEXcell energyON|
Model code : n/a (AA 2000mAh)
IMPORTANT BATTERY NOTE:
Inon strobes should only be powered with Sanyo Eneloop Rechargeable Batteries. Other rechargeable battery types will create excessive heat and may damage the strobe.
IMPORTANT PERFORMANCE NOTE:
There are operational limitations on the number of repeated flashes and length of use of the target or "focus" light with this strobe. After such usage there is a required cool down period during which the strobe must be powered off. A flyer is included in the box with each strobe with specific information regarding these limitaions. If you have any questions about these limitations please feel free to contact one of our staff.