Gates VL8 LED Underwater Video Light
The lights were developed in collaboration with Subaqua Imaging Systems Inc whose expertise breached all barriers in size / efficiency / light output. The VL8 is suitable for broadcast / cinema and un-tethers professional cameramen from surface supplied lighting.
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
Overview / Product Description
New to the Gates bulletproof underwater imaging lineup, the Sub Aqua Imaging Systems VL8 and VL24 Underwater Video Lights will appeal to the broad range of Gates clients from recreational divers to underwater cinematographers. The extensive underwater lighting expertise of Sub Aqua Imaging Systems is brought to bear in a collaborative effort with Gates, and represents a quantum leap in underwater video lighting technology. The VL8 throws a remarkable 2000 lumens of illumination, while the VL24 big brother is rated at over 6000 lumens all in a single, self contained package that will un-tether the professional from surface supplied lighting. Available in tungsten and daylight color temperatures, the VL series LED lights have an evenly dispersed 100_ Effective Beam Angle that will satisfy the most demanding wide angle shooters. And the neutral buoyancy of the VL-series will delight the DSLR video shooter.
The VL series lights carry Gates support and backing with a 2 year warranty on parts/labor and 6 months on batteries the best available in the industry. Reliability, durability, dependability the Gates hallmark for over 40 years.
- Powerful illumination of 2000 and 6000 lumens for the VL8 and VL24, respectively.
- Durable, "Bulletproof" machined aluminum, black type III 'hard' anodize finish, and sealed with a nickel-acetate process.
- Tungsten and Daylightcolor temperatures are available for your shooting preference.
- Burn Times of 1 hour at full power, and > 2 hours at half power. Simple, easy to see battery life indicator.
- Uniform and Powerful Effective Beam Angle covers the widest shots. 78_ actual in water , >100_in air.
- Neutrally buoyant for minimal impact to your perfect system trim.
- Subaqua Imaging Systems technology means powerful light output in a small package.
- 2-Year / 6 months Warranty. Only Gates offers a 2-year warranty on imaging equipment and 6 months on batteries.
- Power modes: Full and Half
- Burn time: 1 hour full, 2+ hours half
- Lumens output: >2000 VL24 (per LED manufacturer rated output)
- Dimensions: 5.6 x 4.2 L in / 142 x 139 L mm
- Construction: Machined Aluminum w/ Type III hard anodize & Nickel Acetate Seal. Stainless steel hardware.
- Buoyancy: Neutral Underwater, 3.1 lbs / 1.4kg Dry
- Beam Angle: 78_ Actual Underwater / >100_ Air
- Color Temp: Available in Tungsten (3200K) and Daylight (5500K). Other color temps by special order
- Package: Single unit, self contained. Battery module separates for charge/swap.
- Depth Rating: 450 feet / 137 meters