Dive & See DNC-5A SH 5-inch Underwater Monitor with SDI input & HDMI output
<ul> <li>SDI Input & HDMI Output</li> <li>Brightest LCD panel on the market - 450 cd/m2</li> <li>Depth: 312 ft / 100 m</li> <li>False Color</li> <li>Peaking Focus</li> <li>Vectorscope, Waveform</li> </ul>
SKU: # dnc-5a-sh
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
Dive & See DNC-5A 5.5-inch Underwater HDMI SDI Monitor with Live Video Out option
- Screen resolution: 1920x1080, Full HD resolution
- 5.5-inch Screen Diagonal, Wider view angle 160 degree
- The monitor is completely sealed
- Monitor fits and works with all brands of the underwater housings
- Two user-programmable function buttons - F1; F2
- Brightest available on the underwater market - 450 nits
- Build in battery gives you 4 hours NON stop usage time
- Set of the monitor includes: Sealed monitor, Battery charger, Monitor Hood, Hot shoe Ball Mount, Bulkhead connector per your choice
- Compact and Rugged design, dimensions: 163 x 114 x 87 mm
- Depth Rating: 100 meters (150 m is option)
With the enhanced 450 cd/m2 backlight and 1000:1 color contrast ratio, this monitor produces a crystal clear picture and shows colors vividly even used under sunlight. Forget to have to look through the viewfinder or using your camera's small display. A large, manufacturer sealed, bright external DNC-5A monitor gives you the ability to frame your shots and focus with great precision, the flexibility to swivel and tilt to any angle (which is convenient for underwater photography), and fits practically any housing, underwater cameras. Color temperature function allows you perfectly match a color of the DNC-5A screen and your Video or DSLR camera screen. The monitor is powered by its own UN/DOT 38.3 Certified Lithium batteries so they do not rob any power from the camera’s battery. Analyze the incoming video signal with built-in video monitoring tools to achieve correct exposure, focus, and color balance.
Built-in functions of DNC-5A include:
- Focus peaking - The operator adjusts the focus control until the red outlines on the desired area are clear, indicating optimal focus. For the best results, be sure the subject is properly exposed. Available Four colors - Red, Green, Blue, White.
- Pixel-to-pixel - The LCD Panel in this display has a native display of 1920x1080 pixels. A signal of any other resolution is scaled to fit this native resolution. There may be a time when it is desired to view the incoming signal without scaling. Enabling Pixel To Pixel Mode turns off the scaling and displays a 1920x1080 pixel window of the original image. Each pixel of the panel displays one pixel of the original image.
- Vectorscope, Waveform - will really aid you in getting beautiful shots that are properly exposed, and with vibrant, consistent color
- False color - The false color feature utilizes a full spectrum of assigned color indicators, ensuring flawless shot exposure. As the camera Iris is adjusted, the subject of the images will change color basic on specific brightness values indicating optimal exposure. See included chart for color assignments.
- Histogram - to graphically summarize the distribution of a univariate data set.
- Zebra - Zebra Stripes is a feature that allows you to see where certain areas of brightness in the frame may be "blown out," or too bright.
- R/G/B only - to adjusting chroma and phase
- Color bars - Color bars are an artificial electronic signal generated by the monitor itself, for calibrating Brightness and Contrast.
- Image flip; Freeze and much more
Input and Output available options:
- DNC-5A(H1) - HDMI Input Only
- DNC-5A(H2) - HDMI input and additional HDMI output loop through Bulkhead connector for Live streaming video up to 1080p60
- DNC-5A(HS) - Converter HDMI to SDI and additional Output SDI bulkhead connector for Live streaming video up to 3G
- DNC-5A(S1) - SDI Input Only
- DNC-5A(S2) - SDI input and additional SDI output loop through Bulkhead connector for Live streaming video out up to 1080p60 (3G signal)
- DNC-5A(SH) - Converter SDI to HDMI and additional HDMI bulkhead connector for Live streaming
HDMI Input, HDMI OutputThe DNC-5A(H2) can output HDMI signal from monitor to large monitor up to 30 meters for instant review (cable DNC-1066) or up to 100 meters (fiber optic DNC-1034). Loop through capability, allowed the user to monitor the filming and feed the signal to another source such a film director monitor.
HDMI Input, SDI OutputThe DNC-5A(HS) can output SDI signal from underwater monitor up to 50 meters (cable DNC-1062). SDI output, allowing it to not only display live signals but also send them out to another monitor simultaneously. It's the ability to display live picture on display at once while still maintaining the original video quality.
Adjusting the monitor settings does NOT affect the properties of the footage you are taking in Record mode, and does NOT affect the Output signal (live video).
POWER AND CHARGING CONFIGURATION
Option 1 (standard)Built-in rechargeable UN/DOT 38.3 Certified Li-Ion battery with Battery Status Indicator shows the power level of the battery. The flashing mode tells you when the battery needs charging. The charger is capable of 110V-240V input, allowing it to be plugged into power outlets in a number of countries.
The Check button on the monitor turns on a LED display showing the battery charge level. Charging battery port has also water block and electrical protection circuit, in case if you forget to put back Protective Cap after recharging the battery. Water will not penetrate inside of the monitor and do not destroy charging contacts of the port. Continuous run time of HDMI version - 4 hours. Recharging time of the battery - 3.5 hours.
Option 2No battery inside a monitor. Power for the monitor is going through the separate cable from your own power source (wide voltage range DC 7.5 ~ 24V).
Option 3 (only for SDI version)No battery inside the monitor. SDI signal and Power will go through one Combo cable. This setup will work for RED, Arri Alexa cameras.
Set of the monitor includes:
- Sealed Monitor
- One bulkhead connector (specify a type of your housing)
- 1 metal and 1 plastic protective cap
- Cold shoe ball mount 1 inch
- Quick battery charger
- Monitor hood (sunshade)
DURABLE & SEALEDCompact 163 x 114 x 87 mm, incredibly rugged, safe design. The monitor guarantees NEMA 6 (IP 68)
Strong and anodized aluminum shell resistant to salt water, designed to withstand extreme environments. The monitor is sealed and cannot be taken apart or opened. You will never get water or sand inside, or have to worry about properly sealing the monitor after charging it.
MOUNTING CAPABILITYThe set includes a detachable mount adapter, allowing the underwater monitor to be tilted and rotated, with 1" ball on the end.
Binding T-slots on the bottom allow convenient connection with underwater housings and arms.
QUICK DETACHABLE CONNECTORSDive & See has bulkhead connectors (fittings) for all brands of the housings. To chose your Bulkhead, see Dive & See's Connectors production line. Custom length and other HDMI connector types are available. All of Dive & See's bulkhead connectors have water blocks and are open face pressure rated to 150 PSI (100 meters). Dive & See's bulkhead connectors fit into existing free ports in your housing and are easy to install. The DNC-5 has a detachable HDMI cable for a quick connection with a bulkhead connector on the housing. The unpluggable cable is convenient for transportation. The bulkhead connector is compatible with DNC-N and DNC-7. A dual O-ring seals the bulkhead HDMI connector and increases the reliability of the connection. The first O-ring works as an axial seal and the second as a radial seal to assure continued sealing.
Dive & See has bulkhead connectors (fittings) for all brands of the housings. Bulkhead connector comes with a built-in water block, open face pressure rated - 100 meters. Water block will protect keep the vacuum inside of the housing when using AirLock Vacuum System. Also protect the housing against penetration of the water, if something happening with external cable or connection between the cable and bulkhead connector. Custom length and other HDMI connector types are available. Dive & See's bulkhead connectors fit into existing free ports in your housing and are easy to install. The DNC-5A has a detachable HDMI cable for a quick connection with a bulkhead connector on the housing. The unpluggable cable is convenient for transportation.
FUNCTION BUTTONSEasily navigable, all the functions are accessible through the body of the monitor. Functions of F1-F2 buttons can also be customized: Center Marker, Aspect Marker, Check Field, Underscan, Scan, Aspect, DSLR, Freeze, H/V Delay, Peaking, False Color, Exposure, Histogram, Level Meter, Waveform and Time Code. Rotate left or right Menu shaft you can choose desirable menu function, and press to confirm it.
Menu functions of the DNC-5A monitor
PICTURE Mode consist:
- Color Temperature
- Red Gan
- Green Gan
MARKER Mode consist:
- Center Marker
- Aspect Marker
- Safety Marker
- Marker Color - Red, Green, Blue, White, Black
- Marker Mat
FUNCTION Mode consist:
- Aspect -Full, 16:9, 1.85:1, 2.35:1, 4:3, 3:2
- H/V Delay
- Check Field - OFF, Red, Green, Blue
- Zoom - 10%~90% (step value is 10%)
- DSLR - OFF, 5D2, 5D3
WAVEFORM Mode consist:
- Waveform - Multi, Y, YCbCr, RGB, OFF
- Peaking - OFF, ON
- Peaking Color - Red, Green, Blue, White
- Peaking Level
- False Color
- Exposure Level
- Histogram - Y, RGB, Color
- TimeCode - OFF, LTC, VITC (available under SDI mode only. )
SYSTEM Mode consist
- Color Bar -OFF, 100%, 75%
- OSD Timer -10s, 20s, 30s
- Image Flip - OFF, H, V, H/V
- Back Light
- Reset - revert back to factory settings
Monitor HoodRemovable Sun hood greatly eliminates glare in shallow water, outdoor viewing and protects delicate monitors from the elements. Constructed of durable plastic can stand up to the rigors of use in the field. Spare screws include the monitor kit. Monitor hood easy to install.
- Screen Size: Diagonal 5.5" (16:9)
- Display panel: IPS LED
- Physical Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (401ppi)
- Video signal input: HDMI
- Signal Input: supports 1080/ 24i/ 24p/ 25i/25p/ 30i /30p/ 50i/ 50p/60i/ 60p; 720/ 50p, 720/ 60p; 480, 480p; 576i, 576p
- Signal Input: supports 1080/24psf/25psf;50i/50p;60i/60p;720/50p/60p;480i; 576i
- View Angle: 160(H) 160(V)
- Brightness: 450 cd/m2
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Depth Rating: 100 meters
- Weight: 3.1 lbs. / 1.4 kg
- Size: 6.4 x 4.4 x 3.4 inch / 163 x 114 x 87 mm
- Buoyancy: negative 300 g in fresh water
- Battery Life: 4 hours continuous
- Battery recharges time: 3h 30min