Canon RF 14-35mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
Canon RF 14-35mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Canon RF 14-35mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
Providing the ultimate combination of ultra wide-angle, L-series optics and compact construction, the RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM lens is an incredible complement to an EOS R series camera. This lens offers up to 5.5 stops of shake correction for sharp images (up to 7 stops of correction when used on EOS R series cameras with In-Body Image Stabilization), and covers an entire wide-angle zoom range - from 14mm through 35mm - whether you shoot landscapes, videos, or architecture. Plus, optimized coatings to help minimize ghosting. The RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM distinguishes itself by maintaining incredibly high image quality, even at its constant f/4 maximum aperture. It also offers a minimum focusing distance of 7.9 in. / 0.2m at all focal lengths, and a maximum magnification of 0.38x (at 35mm), allowing you to open up a world of possibilities for creative expression. The RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM is an ideal and lightweight wide-angle companion, capable of high-quality, creative photos and video anywhere, or simply set up in the comfort of your home for vlogging or livestream purposes.
Dramatic, creative possibilities with 14mm ultra wide-angle coverageUltra wide-angle coverage changes the way you see the world — whether you shoot video, landscapes, interiors, travel, or simply creative images that leverage lens effects. The combination of 14mm coverage, with a full-frame camera, is a direct line to making the ordinary visually extraordinary.
Covers the entire wide-angle zoom range, from exceptionally wide 14mm through 35mmOne lens for all wide-angle needs — for everything from street shooting or group photos to dramatic, ultra-wide architectural images. This lens is one-stop shopping for anyone who enjoys the possibilities of wide-angle imagery. And, vital to landscape shooters, this lens accepts standard 77mm screw-in filters — an incredible feature on a lens as wide as 14mm.
Bright, constant f/4 zoom lens with L-series optical constructionSuperb optics, as you’d expect from a Canon L-series lens, for truly professional-level image and video quality. And with its constant f/4 maximum aperture, there’s no worry about exposure adjustments as you zoom.
Subwavelength Structure Coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC) help to significantly reduce flare and ghostingThe RF14-35mm F4 L IS USM lens features our Subwavelength Structure Coating (SWC) and Air Sphere Coating (ASC), which helps to reduce the occurrence of lens flare and ghosting. This helps provide clean results with minimal distractions and aberrations
Compact design — Approx. 1.2 lbs. weight, similar to RF85mm F2 IS STM lensIts strong, pro-level build quality belies this lens’s delightfully compact size and weight. Significantly lighter than comparable f/2.8 ultra-wide zooms, it’s tremendously appealing for its portability and easy handling — making it perfect for travel.
Close-focusing down to 7.9 inches at all focal lengths, and a maximum magnification of 0.38x, at 35mm zoom settingCombining the visual power of wide-angle coverage with excellent close-focusing opens up a whole new way of seeing small, nearby subjects. It’s yet another way to add drama to your video and still images.
Optical Image Stabilizer with up to 5.5 stops of shake correctionBuilt-in, optical Image Stabilization means steadier, sharper video and still images, enhancing the possibilities in dim lighting, and at slower shutter speeds. On cameras without In-Body Image Stabilization, up to 5.5 stops of still-image shake correction is possible.
Up to 7 stops of shake correction when paired with EOS R-series cameras featuring In-Body Image Stabilizer (IBIS)When used with Canon EOS R-series cameras that have In-Body Image Stabilization (IBIS), Coordinated IS means you get the shake-correction of both the lens IS and the camera’s IBIS. With this lens, safe hand-holding is possible at shutter speeds up to 7 stops slower than you could achieve without stabilization.
Control Ring for direct settings changesA customizable, click-stopped Control Ring is at the front of the RF14–35mm F4 L IS USM lens, giving yet another control input option for quick adjustments to exposure and other settings. Click-stopped operation gives positive tactile feedback, as you make adjustments. For photographers and moviemakers who would prefer a silent control ring, the clicking mechanism can be removed at a Canon Factory Service Center location for a fee.
Dust- and weather-resistant constructionCanon L-series lenses are designed for tough, professional use — and this lens is no exception. It's highlighted by weather-resistant gaskets and seals at all switches and rotating rings, as well as at the lens mount, so it continues to shine even when the sun doesn't.
- Focal Length: 14-35mm
- Maximum and Minimum Aperture: F4-F22 (at all zoom settings)
- Lens Mount Type: RF Mount; Metal Mount
- Minimum Focusing Distance: 7.9 in. (0.2m), at all zoom settings
- Maximum Magnification: 0.38x, at 35mm zoom setting - Fill the frame with subject approx. 3.7 x 2.5 inches / 94 x 63mm in size, at 35mm zoom position
- Angle of View (Diagonal): 114°00' – 63°00'
- Lens Construction: 16 elements in 12 groups
- Special Elements: Three UD-glass elements, three Aspherical elements - Includes one UD Aspherical lens element
- Lens Coating:
- Canon SSC (Super Spectra Coating)
- Canon SWC (Sub-wavelength Structure Coating)
- Canon ASC (Air Sphere Coating)
- Fluorine coating on front surface of front element
- Filter Size Diameter: Ø77mm
- Aperture Blades: 9; circular shape
- Lens Switches: AF/MF switch, Stabilizer ON/OFF switch
- Dust/Water Resistance: Weather-resistant seals at lens mount, switches, zoom ring, focus ring, and Control Ring
- Focusing System: Nano USM; rear focusing system
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF Coverage:
- EOS R, RP - approx. 88% (horizontal) x 100% (vertical)
- EOS R5, R6 - Approx. 100% horizontal and vertical - Face Detect + Tracking - approx. 100% x 100%
- Full-time Manual Focusing: Yes (One-Shot AF only)
- Control Ring: Yes
- Click-stops provided (60 clicks/full revolution)
- Click stops can be removed by Canon service facility, for a service fee.
- IS Mode Selection: None (automatic panning detection provided)
- Optical Image Stabilization: Provided
- 5.5 stops optical IS correction with EOS R and RP
- Conforms to CIPA test standards, using EOS R
- Coordinated IS (with EOS R5, R6): Up to 7 stops Coordinated IS correction - Conforms to CIPA test standards, using EOS R5
- Maximum Outer Diameter x Length: Approx. Φ3.3 in. x 3.9 in. (approx. Φ84.1mm x 99.8mm)
- Minimum length at approx. 22mm zoom position
- Maximum length at 35mm zoom position - approx. 4.25 in. / 107.9mm
- Weight: Approx. 1.2 lb. (approx. 19.0 oz. / 540g)