Canon Powershot G15 Camera Kit
Reaching new heights in speed, agility and creative possibilities, the PowerShot G15 gives photographers plenty of reasons to be delighted over. The excitement starts with the newly developed 5x Optical Zoom with 28mm Wide-Angle, bright f/1.8 (W) f/2.8 (T) lens that performs beautifully across the entire zoom range, even in low light, and can create dramatic soft backgrounds with shallow depth-of-field.
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
Overview / Product Description
Explore Imaging Excellence.
Reaching new heights in speed, agility and creative possibilities, the PowerShot G15 gives photographers plenty of reasons to be delighted over. The excitement starts with the newly developed 5x Optical Zoom with 28mm Wide-Angle, bright f/1.8 (W) f/2.8 (T) lens that performs beautifully across the entire zoom range, even in low light, and can create dramatic soft backgrounds with shallow depth-of-field. Additional great features for the PowerShot G15 include Canon's HS SYSTEM, which combines a High-Sensitivity 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor with the DIGIC 5 Image Processor for ultra-fast performance and phenomenal image quality, a new dual axis electronic level, plus upgraded video capture in 1080p Full HD with stereo sound. The PowerShot G15 is designed to inspire and support your advanced creativity with 12-bit multi aspect RAW+JPEG just like in Canon's EOS line of DSLR cameras, new High Speed AF which dramatically reduces lag time when shooting, and the ability to add optional Speedlite flashes and a Tele-Converter Lens. When you're ready to take the next step in your photographic journey, PowerShot G15 is ready to get you there.
A Bright and Powerful New Lens
Newly developed 5x Optical Zoom (28mm140mm) and a bright f/1.8 (W) f/2.8 (T) lens allows you to capture more in your frame. It is also ideal for low-light conditions or using shallow depth-of-field for dramatic, soft backgrounds.
Newly engineered specifically for the PowerShot G15, the camera's 28mm Wide-Angle 5x Optical Zoom lens with a focal length of 6.130.5mm (35mm film equivalent: 28140mm) achieves f/1.8f/2.8, making it one of the camera's most exciting features. The Wide-Angle lens gives your images a distinctive sweep and grandeur, capturing landscapes, cityscapes, tall buildings and wide groups of people with ease. The large f/1.82.8 aperture allows you to achieve shallow depth-of-field for creating portraits with beautiful, soft background blur, and incomparable Canon optical technology delivers a high performance lens enabling incredible images, even in low light.
Beautiful Images and Fast Performance Start Here12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor
The PowerShot G15 employs a Canon 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor, which delivers state-of-the-art imaging performance and is optimized for use in compact cameras. Utilizing a sophisticated light-capturing design, it provides high sensitivity for improved high ISO capture with reduced noise. It is also a high-speed design, capable of rapidly capturing and moving image data to the processor, enabling faster continuous shooting and faster autofocus.
Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor
The latest-generation Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor works with the PowerShot G15's image sensor to bring phenomenal increases in processing speed and power, delivering incredible detail in more situations, without the need for artificial light sources. Improved noise reduction produces clearer images when shooting in low light at high ISO speeds up to ISO 12800. The faster processing speed results in faster continuous shooting capability while maintaining full image quality. With the power of the DIGIC 5 Image Processor, the PowerShot G15 can achieve higher ISO sensitivity and even perform advanced functions like lens correction, special scene modes and much more.
Canon HS SYSTEM for exceptional low-light performance up to ISO 12800
The PowerShot G15 gives you the power to create images with spectacular depth, detail and emotional resonance. The 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor works in concert with Canon's own latest-generation DIGIC 5 Image Processor to create the renowned Canon HS SYSTEM. With the Canon HS SYSTEM, you'll experience excellent tracking performance even in low light, and achieve gorgeous still image quality even at high ISO speeds all the way up to ISO 12800; beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas. The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you use higher shutter speeds to capture clearer images with reduced noise and blur in a variety of situations for incredible photos and videos.
Get the Complete HD Experience.
Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; video functions include fine detail movie processing for lifelike images, zoom while shooting, and convenient playback on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
Simply touch the dedicated movie button, now conveniently embedded in the PowerShot G15's thumb pad, to start recording video in 1080p Full HD. Video captured in 1080p Full HD is breathtakingly vivid and realistic, and Canon's Fine Detail Movie Processing achieves beautiful videos with high resolution processing that records approximately 4x the amount of information during video shooting for even greater image clarity and sharp portrayal of even the most delicate of details. You're free to use the full range of the zoom in movie mode, and sound is recorded in stereo. An HDMI output allows you to view and share your video on an HDTV immediately, simply by connecting the camera to the TV with an optional HDMI cable.
Faster Focus and High-speed Shooting.
High Speed AF greatly improves focus speed and High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 10 frames* while maintaining superb image quality.
The PowerShot G15 is equipped with Canon's latest advancement in AF technology: High Speed AF. The result of several improved technologies, High Speed AF delivers significantly faster focus speed for a super-responsive shooting experience that lets you capture every great shot as it happens. Thanks to High Speed AF, the PowerShot G15's shooting time lag is dramatically reduced to only 0.22 seconds. The technology also powers the camera's new High-Speed Burst HQ, with continuous capture at a maximum speed of approximately 10 fps. Moreover, images captured in High-Speed Burst HQ maintain the camera's superb image quality.
Optimal Image Stabilization in Any Situation.
Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
It's easy to capture clear, steady images with the PowerShot G15, even in low light without using a tripod. That's because the camera is equipped with Canon's innovative Intelligent IS. The system analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation allowing you to focus on framing and capturing your shot. For stills, the system automatically selects among Normal, Panning, Macro (Hybrid) and Tripod IS modes. When shooting video, the system automatically selects among Dynamic, Powered, Macro and Tripod IS modes.
Set Your Creativity Free.
Full range of shooting and recording modes, including 12-bit multi aspect RAW+JPEG as found in Canon EOS DSLR cameras, for the ultimate creative control.
As with many EOS DSLR cameras, the PowerShot G15 uses a 12-bit converter to process the output of the CMOS sensor, resulting in true color, smooth tonal transitions and natural gradations. The PowerShot G15 lets you shoot in RAW mode, which records all the information captured by the sensor, giving you outstanding flexibility and complete creative control when editing your images with Canon's powerful bundled software, and the camera allows you to record in RAW and JPEG formats simultaneously. Now in RAW mode, you can even select among several aspect ratios, including 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, 1:1, and 4:5.
Take Your Creativity Further with Optional Accessories.
A host of optional accessories including Speedlite flashes, underwater housing and a Tele-Converter Lens expands imaging possibilities.
The PowerShot G15 lets you expand your creative options with a variety of optional accessories. Newly designed for the PowerShot G15, Tele-Converter TC-DC58E* enlarges the zoom's reach by 1.4x. A lens hood is included to block unnecessary light from outside the angle of view.
Several Canon Speedlite flashes are also available for use with the PowerShot G15 to give you advanced options for exposure and illumination*. Macro Ring Lite MR-14EX is perfect for close-up and macro shooting, and the innovative Macro Twin Lite MT-24EX delivers a directional quality to macro illumination.
With Underwater Housing WP-DC48, you can use your PowerShot G15 to document your snorkeling and diving adventures all the way to depths of 130 ft. (40m). The case is also great for protecting the camera from rain, ocean spray at the beach and any wet conditions.
Bright, High Resolution LCD.
Bright 3.0-inch LCD with 922,000 dots enables easy viewing, plus an Optical Viewfinder for added versatility.
The camera's big, bright 3.0-inch LCD screen makes framing, shooting and camera adjustments easy with a wide viewing angle, high contrast, and excellent color reproduction. Resolution is excellent at 922,000 dots; you'll see every detail of what you're shooting. For added shooting versatility, the camera is also equipped with a newly developed, real-image type Optical Viewfinder for an easy, familiar alternative to composing shots with an LCD screen. You can ensure a perfectly clear view by making dioptric adjustments within a range of approximately 2 m-1 (diopter).
Dual Axis Electronic Level
The PowerShot G15 has a Dual Axis Electronic Level, featuring an artificial horizon over the image on the rear LCD screen or in the viewfinder for easy leveling while shooting. The dual axis electronic level shows both horizontal roll and vertical pitch, making it easy to identify when the camera is in a fixed level shooting position and ready to take the shot.
EOS-like Dial Setting
Like EOS Digital SLR cameras, the PowerShot G15 employs a pro-style Front Dial. The Front Dial can be set to control shooting parameters including focus, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, step zoom, exposure compensation, white balance, i-Contrast and aspect ratio.
Appending Copyright Information
The in-camera copyright information feature helps professionals secure control over images by setting copyright data directly into the camera and appending that information to each image file in the EXIF metadata.
PowerShot cameras offer shooting modes that make it easy to take perfect photos in a wide range of shooting situations by providing intelligent presets with optimized settings.
Shooting Modes/Special Scene Modes
- Custom Define and store your own settings to achieve the effects you prefer.
- Manual You have complete control of exposure, selecting both aperture and shutter speed manually.
- Aperture-priority You set the aperture, controlling depth-of-field. The camera automatically selects the shutter speed.
- Shutter-priority You select the shutter speed to stop or blur action, and the camera finds the appropriate aperture. With slow exposure times, Canon's noise reduction system activates to ensure low image noise.
- Program Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Smart AUTO The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Movie Digest Records a video clip before capturing a still image and then combines one day's worth of clips into a video. Now easily playback and review clips, and delete unwanted scenes.
- Portrait The camera sets a large aperture, focusing the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject pop.
- Smooth Skin Removes dullness, wrinkles, and harsh shadows for beautiful faces.
- Smart Shutter The camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
- High-Speed Burst HQ Captures fast-action shots at full resolution, providing continuous shooting when the shutter button is held down.
- Handheld Night Scene Take clear and steady pictures at night without the use of a tripod.
- Underwater Capture underwater images with reduced backscatter effect. Optional Underwater Case required.
- Snow Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Stitch Assist Easy-to-use guidelines simplify the shooting of aligned multiple frames that can later be combined (using bundled software) to create panoramic photos.
- Creative Filters This setting provides easy access to special filter effects and scene modes, such as Toy Camera Effect, Poster Effect, Monochrome and more.
- High Dynamic Range The camera combines three different exposures to get one evenly lit image.
- Nostalgic Create the look and feel of old photographs using sepia tones and black-and-white.
- Fisheye Effect Add a classic photo distortion without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect Emphasizes perspectives for a miniature effect by blurring upper and bottom portions of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Soft Focus Creates a hazy ambiance that's perfect for portraits and wedding photos.
- Monochrome Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super Vivid Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap Select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
- Movie Record video in stereo sound. Unwanted scenes can be deleted in playback mode.
- iFrame Movie The Apple movie format, iFrame, makes it easier and quicker to import and upload videos while retaining high image quality.
- Super Slow Motion Movie Record your clips in high speed (approx. 240 fps), and then watch your videos in slow motion.
Final image may vary depending on picture composition.
Direct Connect to Your Printer
It's quick and easy to make beautiful prints from your PowerShot camera with Canon's Direct Print system. Directly connect your PowerShot camera to a Canon PIXMA or SELPHY photo printer with a USB cable and simply press the button to print; turn every favorite moment into an amazing photo.