Canon PowerShot S110 Compact Camera
Canon PowerShot S110 Compact Camera
The PowerShot S110 packs a world of advancements into its sleek, pocket-sized body. While the camera makes it easy enough for any user to achieve beautiful image quality, it gives serious photographers the tools they need to take their creative expression to the highest level, including a 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5 Image Processor that create the exclusive Canon HS SYSTEM, and 12-bit multi aspect RAW+JPEG.
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
Overview / Product Description
Superb Performance with a Wireless Touch.
The PowerShot S110 packs a world of advancements into its sleek, pocket-sized body. While the camera makes it easy enough for any user to achieve beautiful image quality, it gives serious photographers the tools they need to take their creative expression to the highest level, including a 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 5 Image Processor that create the exclusive Canon HS SYSTEM, and 12-bit multi aspect RAW+JPEG. The 24mm Wide-Angle, bright f/2.0 lens with 5x Optical Zoom and ISO speeds all the way up to 12800 deliver breathtaking images, even in low light. At the same time, this is an incredibly convenient camera, with new High Speed AF for sharply reduced lag time, a new capacitive touch panel LCD, and built-in Wi-Fi that lets you share images and video online, exchange images with another Wi-Fi PowerShot camera, print from a Wi-Fi enabled printer^, and wirelessly tag your images with GPS# information recorded by a smartphone with the free Canon CameraWindow app*. Experience the take-anywhere, do-anything PowerShot S110.
Share Images and Video Wherever You Are.
Built-in Wi-Fi allows you to wirelessly transfer your images to social networking sites through CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#; to a PC or upload virtually anywhere on your iOS or Android device* with the free download of the Canon CameraWindow app**, share images between Wi-Fi enabled PowerShot cameras and even print your images on a Wi-Fi compatible printer^.
The PowerShot S110 is equipped with built-in Wi-Fi for on-the-go convenience when you want to share what you've recorded with friends, family and the whole world. The camera makes it easy to connect directly to both iOS and Android devices*, and upload images via the free Canon CameraWindow app**. Using CANON iMAGE GATEWAY#, you can easily post your images to your favorite social networking sites to update friends and family while you're traveling or just out and about. Even without a mobile device, you can send images to a PC, share images between Wi-Fi enabled PowerShot cameras and you can even print in a snap by sending your images wirelessly to a Wi-Fi compatible printer^.
A Bright and Powerful New Lens.
5x Optical Zoom with 24mm Wide-Angle lens allows you to capture more in your frame, and a bright f/2.0 lens makes it ideal for low-light conditions or using shallow depth-of-field for dramatic, soft backgrounds.
Newly engineered specifically for the PowerShot S110, the camera's 24mm Wide-Angle 5x Optical Zoom lens with a focal length of 5.226.0mm (35mm film equivalent: 24120mm) achieves f/2.0f/5.9, giving the user exceptional versatility. The Wide-Angle lens gives your images a distinctive sweep and grandeur, capturing landscapes, cityscapes, tall buildings and wide groups of people with ease. The large f/2.0 aperture allows you to achieve shallow depth-of-field for creating portraits with beautiful, soft background blur, and incomparable Canon optical technology delivers a high performance lens enabling incredible images, even in low light.
Beautiful Images and Fast Performance Start Here.
12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor
The PowerShot S110 employs a Canon 12.1 Megapixel CMOS sensor, which delivers state-of-the-art imaging performance and is optimized for use in compact cameras. Utilizing a sophisticated light-capturing design, it provides high sensitivity for improved high ISO capture with reduced noise. It is also a high-speed design, capable of rapidly capturing and moving image data to the processor, enabling faster continuous shooting and faster autofocus.
Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor
The latest-generation Canon DIGIC 5 Image Processor works with the PowerShot S110's image sensor to bring phenomenal increases in processing speed and power, delivering incredible detail in more situations, without the need for artificial light sources. Improved noise reduction produces clearer images when shooting in low light at high ISO speeds. The faster processing speed results in faster continuous shooting capability while maintaining full image quality. With the power of the DIGIC 5 Image Processor, the PowerShot S110 can achieve higher ISO sensitivity and even perform advanced functions like lens correction, special scene modes and much more.
Canon HS SYSTEM for exceptional low-light performance up to ISO 12800
The PowerShot S110 gives you the power to create images with spectacular depth, detail and emotional resonance. The 12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor works in concert with Canon's own latest-generation DIGIC 5 Image Processor to create the renowned Canon HS SYSTEM. With the Canon HS SYSTEM, you'll experience excellent tracking performance even in low light, and achieve gorgeous still image quality even at high ISO speeds all the way up to ISO 12800; beautiful low-light shots are possible with minimal noise and maximum detail in highlight and shadow areas. The Canon HS SYSTEM lets you use higher shutter speeds to capture clearer images with reduced noise and blur in a variety of situations for incredible photos and even when shooting video.
Get the Complete HD Experience.
Capture stunning 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; video functions include fine detail movie processing for lifelike images, zoom while shooting, and convenient playback on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
Simply touch the dedicated movie button, now conveniently embedded in the PowerShot S110's thumb pad, to start recording video in 1080p Full HD. Video captured in 1080p Full HD is breathtakingly vivid and realistic, and Canon's Fine Detail Movie Processing achieves beautiful videos with high resolution processing that records approximately 4x the amount of information during video shooting for even greater image clarity and sharp portrayal of even the most delicate of details. You're free to use the full range of the zoom in movie mode, and sound is recorded in stereo. An HDMI output allows you to view and share your video on an HDTV immediately, simply by connecting the camera to the TV with an optional HDMI cable.
Enhanced Touch Panel Capabilities.
A 3.0-inch capacitive touch panel PureColor System LCD offers easy and intuitive operation, and Touch Shutter makes shooting easy and interactive.
Anyone familiar with today's touch screens will feel comfortable using the PowerShot S110 right away. The big 3.0-inch PureColor System LCD responds to familiar one- and two-finger touch operations. Users can spread and pinch to change the magnification in playback, drag two fingers to switch display, use the easy interactive Touch Shutter, and quickly select camera settings. You can even adjust the panel's touch sensitivity to your liking. The camera's sophisticated control ring, located at the base of the lens barrel, can be used in conjunction with the Touch Panel to conveniently access a range of additional actions.
Faster Focus and High-speed Shooting.
High Speed AF greatly improves focus speed and High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 10 frames*** while maintaining superb image quality.
The PowerShot S110 is equipped with Canon's latest advancement in AF technology: High Speed AF. The result of several improved technologies, High Speed AF delivers significantly faster focus speed of 0.2 seconds and a dramatically reduced shooting lag time of 0.25 seconds, for a super-responsive shooting experience that lets you capture every great shot as it happens. The technology also powers the camera's new High-Speed Burst HQ, with continuous capture at a maximum speed of approximately 10 fps. Moreover, images captured in High-Speed Burst HQ maintain the camera's superb image quality.
Optimal Image Stabilization in Any Situation.
Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
It's easy to capture clear, steady images with the PowerShot S110, even in low light without using a tripod. That's because the camera is equipped with Canon's innovative Intelligent IS. The system analyzes camera movement and applies the best shake correction method for the shooting situation - allowing you to focus on framing and capturing your shot. For stills, the system automatically selects among Normal, Panning, Macro (Hybrid) and Tripod IS modes. When shooting video, the system automatically selects among Dynamic, Powered, Macro and Tripod IS modes.
- Normal Corrects for a wide range of camera movement when shooting stills.
- Panning Panning motion is detected so that IS does not interfere with desired camera movement.
- Macro (Hybrid) Corrects for shift-type camera shake, which typically occurs in macro (close-up) shooting.
- Dynamic Effective for video shooting at wide-angle focal lengths, eliminating the unwanted shaking that typically occurs while walking.
- Powered Compensates for hand movement when shooting video at the telephoto end of the zoom range, where camera shake is magnified.
- Tripod When tripod use is detected, the Image Stabilizer is stopped because it is not needed.
Full range of shooting and recording modes including 12-bit multi aspect RAW+JPEG, as found in Canon DSLR cameras, for the ultimate creative control.
As with many EOS DSLR cameras, the PowerShot S110 uses a 12-bit converter to process the output of the CMOS sensor, resulting in true color, smooth tonal transitions and natural gradations. The PowerShot S110 lets you shoot in RAW mode, which records all the information captured by the sensor, giving you outstanding flexibility and complete creative control when editing your images with Canon's powerful bundled software, and the camera allows you to record in RAW and JPEG formats simultaneously. Now in RAW mode, you can even select among several aspect ratios, including 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, 1:1, and 4:5.
Add GPS Data to Easily Identify Images by Time and Location.
Record GPS+ data on your smartphone using the free download of the Canon CameraWindow app** and wirelessly add the location data to the images in your camera.
The PowerShot S110 with its built-in Wi-Fi allows you to tag images with GPS+ data recorded by your smartphone loaded with the free Canon CameraWindow app**. With an easy setup, your smartphone will record location data such as latitude, longitude, altitude and shooting time. Then after you're done shooting, simply transfer the location data to wirelessly add the information to the images in camera. Perfect for organizing albums and vacation photos, this feature ensures you'll always know where and when your images were recorded.
+ In certain countries and regions, the use of GPS may be restricted. Therefore be sure to use GPS in accordance with the laws and regulations of your country or region. Be particularly careful when traveling outside your home country. As a signal is received from GPS satellites, take sufficient measures when using in locations where the use of electronics is regulated. Cellular data charges may apply.
** This software enables you to upload images to social network services. Before uploading images, please be aware that image files may contain privacy related information such as people and places. If necessary, please delete such information. Canon does not obtain, collect or use such images or any information included in such images through this software.
Focus, aperture, shutter speed, ISO, step zoom, exposure compensation, aspect ratio, i-Contrast, or white balance can be adjusted more quickly and conveniently with the PowerShot S110's control ring. Located at the base of the lens barrel, the ring is more intuitive than other types of controls for many experienced photographers. The functions that can be assigned to the control ring vary with shooting mode, and you can set your preferences quickly using the dedicated ring function selector button.
PowerShot cameras offer shooting modes that make it easy to take perfect photos in a wide range of shooting situations by providing intelligent presets with optimized settings.
Shooting Modes/Special Scene Modes
- Custom Define and store your own settings to achieve the effects you prefer.
- Manual You have complete control of exposure, selecting both aperture and shutter speed manually.
- Aperture-priority You set the aperture, controlling depth-of-field. The camera automatically selects the shutter speed.
- Shutter-priority You select the shutter speed to stop or blur action, and the camera finds the appropriate aperture. With slow exposure times, Canon's noise reduction system activates to ensure low image noise.
- Program Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
- Smart AUTO The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
- Movie Digest Records a video clip before capturing a still image and then combines one day's worth of clips into a video. Now easily playback and review clips, and delete unwanted scenes.
- Portrait The camera sets a large aperture, focusing the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject pop.
- Smooth Skin Removes dullness, wrinkles, and harsh shadows for beautiful faces.
- Smart Shutter The camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
- High-Speed Burst HQ Captures fast-action shots at full resolution, providing continuous shooting when the shutter button is held down.
- Handheld Night Scene Take clear and steady pictures at night without the use of a tripod.
- Snow Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
- Fireworks Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
- Stitch Assist Easy-to-use guidelines simplify the shooting of aligned multiple frames that can later be combined (using bundled software) to create panoramic photos.
- Creative Filters This setting provides easy access to special filter effects and scene modes, such as Toy Camera Effect, Poster Effect, Monochrome and more.
- High Dynamic Range The camera combines three different exposures to get one evenly lit image.
- Nostalgic Create the look and feel of old photographs using sepia tones and black-and-white.
- Fisheye Effect Add a classic photo distortion without a fisheye lens.
- Miniature Effect Emphasizes perspectives for a miniature effect by blurring upper and bottom portions of the image.
- Toy Camera Effect Simulates photos taken with "toy" or pinhole cameras, darkening the image at the edges to create a vignette effect.
- Soft Focus Creates a hazy ambiance that's perfect for portraits and wedding photos.
- Monochrome Choose from three single-tone effects: Black-and-White, Sepia, or Blue.
- Super Vivid Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
- Poster Effect Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
- Color Accent Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
- Color Swap Select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
- Movie Record video in stereo sound. Unwanted scenes can be deleted in playback mode.
- iFrame Movie The Apple movie format, iFrame, makes it easier and quicker to import and upload videos while retaining high image quality.
- Super Slow Motion Movie Record your clips in high speed (approx. 240 fps), and then watch your videos in slow motion.
It's quick and easy to make beautiful prints from your PowerShot camera with Canon's Direct Print system. Directly connect your PowerShot camera to a Canon PIXMA or SELPHY photo printer with a USB cable and simply press the button to print; turn every favorite moment into an amazing photo.