Atomos NINJA V+ 10-Bit 8K RAW Recording Monitor
Atomos NINJA V+ 10-Bit 8K RAW Recording Monitor
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Atomos NINJA V+ 10-Bit 8K HDMI H265 RAW Recording Field Monitor for DSLRs & Cameras
The world’s first 8K RAW HDR monitor recorderThe Ninja V+ is the next stage in the evolution of the multi-award winning Atomos Ninja, delivering up to 8Kp30 and 4Kp120 continuous recording in Apple ProRes RAW while inheriting HDR, 4Kp60 RAW and video as well as HDp120 slow motion from its little brother, Ninja V.
With the ability to capture in 8Kp30 and 4Kp120, the Ninja V+ allows you to stay ahead of the game and ensure that you have the flexibility to grow your system as projects demand. Future-proofed quality and formats allow you to stay compatible with newly released and existing cameras, in a world where new cameras are released frequently and technology is advancing at an incredible pace.
The Ninja V+ takes advantage of the new Atomos Silicon chip, the AtomIC3, AtomOS 10, and the incredible efficiency of ProRes RAW to deliver these increased resolutions and frame rates. The new formats also integrate seamlessly into the timeline of your existing ProRes RAW or ProRes projects, without huge storage or processing overheads.
Open standard formats from every cameraApple ProRes is the world’s Pro Video standard for Video and RAW capture, and the number of cameras which support RAW recording over HDMI on the Ninja V+ continues to grow. ProRes RAW combines the visual and workflow benefits of RAW video with the incredible real-time performance of ProRes, giving filmmakers enormous latitude when adjusting the look of their images, making it an ideal solution for HDR workflows.
The Ninja V+ also captures up to 4Kp60 in 10-bit 4:2:2 from almost every camera manufacturer, like Panasonic, Nikon, Olympus, Leica, Fujifilm, Z Cam, RED, and ARRI. It also builds upon the great workflow and versatility of Ninja V, which unites the world’s leading camera manufacturers and the industry-standard editing software for customers.
The Ninja SolutionSmaller cameras are incredibly capable these days, but they can still be limited in terms of battery life when recording RAW and high frame rates, use expensive internal media, and can have recording limits. The Ninja V+ provides a solution to these issues with longer recording times, professional power solutions, and affordable SSD media options. In addition, you get a stunningly bright 5.2” monitor with an astounding 1000nits – 10.5 stops of HDR, plus a huge range of features that can enhance your workflow, from AtomOS Monitor Assist features like Focus Peaking, Zoom, Vectorscopes & False Color through to Safe Areas and Cine Guides. The AtomHDR engine also processes the incoming Log/RAW/HDR signals from your camera or device and displays in all its glory on the HDR screen of the Ninja V+.
Ready for the future Starting with the Canon R5The Ninja V+ will record 8Kp30 ProRes RAW from the Canon EOS R5 mirrorless camera via a standard HDMI 2.0 connection. Atomos and Canon have worked together for the past 2 years to bring customers a world-first for capturing stunning 8K RAW and HDR images with incredible clarity and detail in a compact and configurable system that is very affordable when compared with other 8K setups. The possibilities you have when shooting in 8K are a true game-changer. Canon and Atomos have democratized 8K for the masses with no compromise in quality. Coming later in 2021 with an update from Canon.
More power. Less weight.Pairing the Ninja V+ with the Canon R5 gives you a powerful yet compact 8K camera package that fits in your hands and can be flexibly built out to suit your needs. It can become the basis of a compact cinema rig or you can easily create a lightweight setup. The Canon R5 with a 24mm Cine Lens, Ninja V+, NPF battery, and media comes in under 3KG/7lb, which can be easily carried by a wide range of aerial drones, gimbals, and stabilizers as well as vehicles and robot arms.
Resolution means creative flexibilityWith the broad canvas of 8K resolution, your options for creative crops into a region of interest allow you to extract multiple 4K shots from a single camera angle. This allows you to create additional shots for cutaways to break up the edit, which is much higher resolution than if the shots were extracted from a single 4K source.
You can also create multiple high-resolution vertical or square crops in regions of interest in post for social media, which can also be previewed on the Ninja V+ with social media frame guides. This allows you to maximize the camera’s resolution to achieve 4K 9:16 vertical aspect ratios without having to compromise the way you shoot for mainstream delivery.
Stabilize without compromiseThe incredible resolution of 8K video means that even after cropping into the image as part of the stabilization process, the final shot will likely still have a resolution of 4K or even 6K. This means that it can integrate with your other 8K footage on the timeline, and still look great.
Razor-sharp screenshotsHigh-resolution screenshots from 8K full frame cameras also offer the ability to create scene plates for small-scale virtual production stages or use in other content platforms.
Pristine 4Kp120 ProRes RAW with SONY and Z CAMThe Ninja V+ allows you to capture content at up to 4Kp120 in pristine ProRes RAW for high frame rate video that has exceptional image quality. This is a great alternative to using the internal compressed codecs on your camera for high frame rate recording, as they can apply higher levels of color compression and subsampling, leading to potential artifacts or limitations in the edit/grade.
See the unseenCapture and visualize the unseen with 4Kp120 recording at up to ProRes RAW from the Ninja V+ and Sony FX6/FX9 and Z CAM E2 /E2-M4 models, with more models to follow. Fully harness the dynamic range of the sensor, capture every aspect of motion and movement directly via RAW over SDI* or HDMI. Add to this the benefit of being able to playback the high frame rate video captured on the Ninja V+ at various playback speeds to preview the adjustments you can make on your NLE timeline. See the Ninja V+ Pro Kit section for information on capturing 4Kp120 ProRes RAW from the SDI RAW output of the Sony FX9* and Sony FX6.
An incredible codec arsenalWith the flexibility of providing options for RAW, visually lossless edit-ready files, and proxy/sharable files, you can scale your needs for quality and file size.
- Apple ProRes RAW – supporting 16bit RAW outputs from the camera via HDMI and optionally via SDI
- Apple ProRes – An industry-standard edit-ready codec from Apple with scalable levels of compression.
- Avid DNx – An industry-standard edit-ready codec for Avid editors with scalable levels of compression.
- H.265 (HEVC) – The highly efficient compressed codec allows you to create high-quality files with a low bit rate and small file size for sharing. You can also create 4K HDR 10-bit deliverables and have the option to ‘bake in’ LUTs to achieve the final pixel LOOK without the need to grade the footage.
Upgrade. Connect. Expand.AtomX Expansion modules attach to the Expansion Slot on your Ninja V+ and provide additional connections and functionality. The extra horsepower from the Atomos Silicon AtomIC3 chip also allows you to add other ‘plus’ features when combined with upcoming AtomX modules and future Atomos products.
Upgrade your Connection optionsThe AtomX SDI Expansion Module locks into place via the modular expansion slot and adds the quality and convenience of SDI connectivity to your Ninja V+, which allows you to monitor and record SDI video up to 4Kp60 from a range of professional cameras and video sources. Adding SDI connections to your Ninja more than doubles its I/O functionality as both HDMI and SDI connections can be cross converted, and you have options for DCI crop and 4K to HD down conversion to provide a bridge between equipment such as EVFs and wireless TX/RX without the need for additional converters.
Making multi-camera mainstreamYou no longer need a huge budget or a highly skilled editor to produce perfectly synchronized, multicamera video. The AtomX SYNC module brings wireless timecode, sync, and control technology to the Ninja V+, and you can connect multiple AtomX SYNC enabled Ninja V+ units to create a Timecode Systems powered multi-camera sync network. Remotely trigger frame-accurate record start/stop recording, monitor, battery, and disk capacity information from the SYNC server configured Ninja V+.
Flexible. Affordable. Fast.Affordability, accessibility, and choice allow users to select recording media to meet their needs. High resolution and high frame rates require sustained media performance, which Atomos has achieved through the ongoing developments with both codecs and data handling. The AtomX SSDmini offers a native fit and will support up to 8K30p and 4K120p.
The next levelThe incredibly powerful Ninja V+ delivers up to 8Kp30 and 4Kp120 continuous recording in Apple ProRes RAW and allows you to stay ahead of the game.
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm): 151 x 91.5 x 31 mm
- Weight: 360 g / 12.7 oz
- Mount points: 1 x Anti rotation 1/4" / 3/8 top and bottom
- Ambient operating temperature: Up to 40 Degrees Celsius
Construction and Control:
- Body: Aluminium with ABS plastic
- Cooling: Actively controlled fan and Heat Sink
- Tally light: Rear and front
- Multi-function button: Power / lock Screen
- AtomXpansion slot: Yes
- Input voltage: 6.2V to 16.8V
- Operating power: 5.8-7.2v
- Compatible batteries: NPF L series
- Built in battery: No
- Battery Run time (Record): 5200mAh - up to 2hrs (monitor & record 4K 60p)
- Continuous power: Via Optional AtomX SYNC Module
- DC in connector: Via DC Jack on Battery eliminator
- Dtap: Via Battery Eliminator and optional DTap to DC cable
- Touchscreen: SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch)
- Size: 5.2"
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- PPI: 427
- Bit depth: 10Bit (8+2 FRC)
- Backlight Type: Edge lit
- Brightness (cdm2 / nits): 1000 +/- 10%
- Aspect ratio: 16 : 9
- De-interlace mode: I > P and PSF > P
- Color Gamut: Rec.709
- Calibration support: Atomos Calibrator with Xrite i1 Display Pro / Plus (Retail)
- Gamma: Sony SLog / SLog2 / SLog3, Canon CLog / CLog2 / Clog3, Arri Log CEI160 / LogCEI200 / LogCEI250 / LogCEI320 / LogCEI400 / LogCEI500 / LogCEI640 / LogCEI800 / LogCEI1000 / LogCEI1280 / LogCEI1600, Panasonic Vlog, JVC JLog1, Red LogFilm / Log3G10 / Log3G12, FujiFilm Flog, PQ (HDR10), HLG, Nikon N-Log, Olympus OM Log, Lecia L Log
- Gamut: Bt2020, DCI P3, PDCI p3 65 Sony SGamut / SGamut3 / SGamut3.cine / Canon Cinema / DCI P3 / DCI P3+ / BT2020 Panasonic V Gamut Arri Alexa Wide Gamut Rec709 JVC LS300 Red DragonColor / DragonColor2 / RedColor2 / RedColor3 / RedColor4 / RedWideGamut
- 3D LUT Display: .Cube Format
- 3D LUT Down Stream: Loop out
- 3DLUT 50/50: Yes
- Monitoring Modes: Native / HLG / PQ / 3D LUT
- HDR output Conversion: Log / HDR to HLG / PQ / Dolby Vision
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI (2.0) 4k p60
- HDMI RAW: Apples ProRes RAW up to 8k
- SDI: Optional via AtomX SDI module
- SDI RAW: Optional Activation Key required
- Bit Depth: 8/10Bit Video / RAW up to 12Bit
- Video Chroma Subsampling: 420 and 422
- HDCP copy protection: Not supported
- HDMI: RAW - white balance, Exposure index, Shutter speed/angle, Iris F stop, ISO, Gamma, gamut
- SDI: Optional via AtomX SDI module
- HDMI: 1 x HDMI (2.0) 4k p60
- SDI loop out: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- SDI Play out: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- Video Chroma Subsampling: 422
- Bit Depth: 10Bit Video
- USB UVC: Optional Via Connect 4k
Video Signal Conversion:
- HDMI to SDI: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- SDI to HDMI: Optional Via AtomX SDI module
- Audio Quality: 24/48kHz
- Audio Codec: PCM
- HDMI: 8ch 24Bit, input dependent
- SDI: 12ch 24Bit, input dependent
- Analogue Audio in: 3.5mm 2ch.
- Analogue Audio Out: 3.5mm 2ch.
- Headphone out: 3.5mm 2ch.
Timecode / Sync:
- Embedded: HDMI
- Time of day: Yes, Time and Date
- LTC: via 3.5mm audio Jack input (Requires post processing)
- Wireless SYNC: Via Optional AtomX SYNC Module
Resolution and Frame Rates (Record, Monitor & Playback):
- 8k: RAW Only up to 30p via HDMI
- 6k: RAW Only up to 30p via HDMI
- 5k: RAW Only up to 30p via HDMI
- 4k DCI: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60p - HFR 100/120 via RAW over HDMI & SDI on selected cameras
- 4k UHD: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60p
- 2K DCI 2046 x 1080: Optional via AtomX SDI module
- Anamorphic: 3.5k: RAW up to 60p (from supported cameras only)
- FHD 1920 x 1080 Progressive: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60/100/120p
- FHD 1920 x 1080 PsF: converted to P and looped out PsF
- FHD 1920 x 1080 Interlaced: 50/59.94/60i
- 1280 x 720p: 50/59.94/60p
- Apple ProRes RAW: ProRes RAW, HQ (Free activation key via visit my.Atomos.com)
- Apple ProRes: LT, 422, 422HQ
- Avid DNxHD: DNxHD 220x,220,145,36 (Free activation key via visit my.Atomos.com)
- Avid DNxHR: LB, SQ, HQ, HQX. (Free activation key via visit my.Atomos.com)
- H.265: LQ,MQ,HQ in 8/10Bit, 422 and 420 Free activation key via visit my.Atomos.com)
- Playlist: Yes, Create customer play lists from full or sub clips
- Loop: Yes, with user customisable in / out markers
- Apple ProRes Raw: Yes, recorded clips
- Apple ProRes: Yes, with Linear PCM audio
- Avid DNx: Yes, with Linear PCM audio
- H.265: Yes, recorded clips
- Pre-roll record: Yes (HD 8s, 4K 2s) - Not available in RAW
- Timelapse: Yes
Multi Input / Switching:
- Master Caddy I: Not compatible
- SSDmini: Native Size and Fit
- CFast II: Via Supported cards via optional SSDmini CFAST II Adaptor
- File Naming: Unit Name - Scene/Shot/Take
- File System: ExFAT
On screen tools:
- Waveform: Yes, 3 size / Position
- RGB parade: Yes, 3 size / Position
- Vector scope: Yes, 2 size / Position
- 1 x Zoom: Yes. 1:1 Pixel mapping for 4k
- 2 x Zoom: Yes
- Focus peaking: Color selected / threshold setting / Color
- False Color: Yes, with Scale
- Zebra: Yes, Adjustable
- Isolate color channel: Blue Only
- Cine Frame Guides: 2.4:1, 2.35:1, 1.9:1, 1.85:1, 4:3
- Social Frame guides: 9:16, 1:1, 191:1, 4:5
- Safe areas: Action and Graphic
- Grid markers: 9 grid
- Anamorphic desqueeze: 1.25x 1.33x , 1.5x ,1.8x ,2x
- Display Flip: Vertical Only
Onboard Signal Processing:
- Pulldown Removal: 24/25/30pSF > 24/25/30p (2:2 pulldown)
- 4K UHD Downscale for HD: Loop out - 4K UHD to FHD
- DCI Crop: Loop out - 17:9 to 16:9 Crop
- HDMI: Auto HDMI Trigger, Supported Protocols - Canon, Sony
- SDI: SDI trigger camera selectable
- Serial 2.5mm Jack: LANC control and calibration via optional USB to serial cable
- Bluetooth LE: Via optional AtomX SYNC module
- Wireless RF: Via optional AtomX SYNC module
External Device Control:
- Serial 2.5mm Jack: Camera control for supported cameras via Optional USB to Serial Cable
- Bluetooth LE: Via optional AtomX SYNC module to compatible devices
- Wireless RF: Via optional AtomX SYNC module to compatible devices
- XML: Cut tag EDL in FCPX XML
- Apple ProRes RAW: Apple FCPX, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Avid Media Composer, GrassValley Edius, Assimilate Scratch, Baselight Film Light.
- Video Codecs: All Applications with support for Apple ProRes and Avid DNX in .MOV wrapper
What’s in the box:
- Accessories included: Ninja V +, EVA Carry case, 5" Protective Monitor sleeve, Battery eliminator, international DC power supply, 1x MasterCaddy II and QuickStart Guide
- Optional extras: Sunhood, DC to DTap, Power Kit, HDMI Cables, USB to Serial cable, AtomX SYNC, SDI modules
- Standard: 1 year. Extended to 3 years on product registration