Aquatica Nikon D850 Underwater Housing AD850
Aquatica Nikon D850 Underwater Housing AD850
Price as Configured
Add an Expanded Viewfinder
Aqua View Finder are designed to be installed and removed easily by the user in as little as 30 seconds. This feature alone makes it convenient for its removal in preparation for travel and long-term storage.
Add 1-inch Ball Adapters
Add a Spare O-ring Kit
Overview / Product Description
Aquatica AD850 Pro Underwater Housing for Nikon D850 Camera
Design & R&DAquatica is proud of the lightweight design on the Aquatica AD850; this being possible because of Aquatica's new in-house 5 axis machine & Aquatica's engineers being able to work closely with the machine programmer. This housing is 12% lighter than Aquatica's AD800 & AD810 housings, but yet still has the same standard 90m/300ft depth rating and can still be upgraded to 130m/425ft. Aquatica has ergonomically placed the vital controls where they are most needed, right at your fingertips. Even though the D850 is a bigger camera than the D500, the AD850 housing has the same form factor and layout control as Aquatica's popular AD500 housing.
The Nikon D850 camera main features:
- 45.7MP Digital SLR
- BSI Full-Frame Image Sensor
- No Optical Low-pass filter
- 4k Ultra HD video recording
- 3.2-inch Tilting touchscreen
- Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC & Bluetooth
- Widest & Brightest viewfinder of any DSLR
- Outstanding battery performance
New self-aligning controlsAnother great improvement over Aquatica's previous housings for Nikon cameras is the new self-aligning controls. On the AD850 housing the On/Off lever and the Live view selector are spring loaded, therefore you will not need to ensure the controls on the camera are properly set before closing the housing. In addition, the lens release, autofocus mode, and the FN1 controls were moved to the saddle allowing the user to slide in the camera without pulling any levers.
The ergonomicsThe AD850 was designed to have all the following controls right at your fingertips: S
- Front dial wheel & Rear dial wheel
- Exposure compensation
- Live View
A new AF-On lever was designed to allow all users, even those with smaller hands to simultaneously activate the AF-On and the shutter. This new lever has now been positioned ½ an inch lower and 1 ¼ inch to the front, as compared to previous models.
The ISO lever has now been placed right at your fingertips, it also has a very low profile, this keeps it just below the top of the right grip. It can be easily activated with your right thumb while keeping your hand on the grip.
Handling the housing is via Aquatica's acclaimed molded grips, these have been the industry reference in comfort for the last 25 years. These lightweight yet sturdy grip handles are made of one piece and cannot come unglued, fall apart or corrode. Grips are provided with standard sized mounting holes ready to accept the most current strobes and their supporting arms. On top of the housing is an extra mounting point for attaching a focus/video light or other accessories, three additional standard sized mounting points are provided on the bottom of the housing, where you can attach various brackets, support or tripods.
Surveyor monitoring systemThe Aquatica AD850 housing comes standard with a Surveyor monitoring sensor. This sensor acts as a moisture alarm and can with the addition of a vacuum extracting valve an pump, be used for constantly monitoring the sealing integrity of the housing, adding another level of safety and peace of mind.
ViewfindersThe Aquatica AD850 is supplied with Aquatica's Galileo type viewfinder. This high quality and coated optical finder gives a bright and full view of the viewfinder. For those seeking the ultimate in viewing for still image, the optional Aqua View Finder, available in straight and 45 degrees version, are among the best of the industry, they can easily be installed in a matter of a few minutes by the user. The enlarged and enhanced image provided by the Aqua View Finder (#20054 & 20059) is second to none in clarity, it provides the photographer with tack sharp corner to corner viewing of the camera viewfinder for composing and critical focusing.
Flash triggering options:
- #20084-OPT Aquatica housing for Nikon D850 with Dual Optical connectors
- #20084-NK Aquatica housing for Nikon D850 with Dual Nikonos connectors
- #20084-IKE Aquatica housing for Nikon D850 One Ikelite connector
Main features of the Aquatica AD850
- Well established and proven system of ports, extensions, and accessories to meet your personal lens preferences.
- Quick and simple installation of enhanced viewfinders; no special tools required.
- Exceptionally good and ergonomic control placement.
- All controls remain accessible in all dive conditions, either cold or warm, gloves or not.
- Secure port locking system and easy access lens release button.
- The most comfortable and sturdy hand grips in the industry, also extendable for larger or gloved hands.
- Precise camera mounting via a quick release camera tray with angled rear LCD positioning.
- Two (2) entry point for accessories such as HDMI monitors, remote control or vacuum monitoring systems.
- Eight (8) threaded standard 1/4"-20 holes, one located on top, three on the bottom and four on the grips, to mount strobe arms, brackets, tripods and a wide range of accessories.
- Depth rating options of 90m or 130m depth at no extra charge (factory installed).
- Made with a time-proven manufacturing process, using the best material available and state of the art tooling. This offers you many years of dependable and enjoyable service.
The Aquatica AD850 is a very compact and lightweight housing tipping the scale at just:
- Dimensions: (with grips attached) W 255mm x H 180 mm x D 145mm / W 10.1" x H 7" x D 5.7"
- Dimensions: (without grips) 360mm/14.15"