Anglerfish HD57 4K HDMI Underwater Monitor
Anglerfish HD57 4K HDMI Underwater Monitor
Uses Sony NP-F750 & NP-F730 Batteries. Battery NOT Included.
Overview / Product Description
Anglerfish HD57 4K HDMI Underwater Monitor with M14 and M16 bulkheads
Anglerfish Creative Lighting is announcing a new product line. AFCL-HD57 is a 4K resolution 5.7-inch field monitor designed specifically for underwater videographers and photographers in mind. Anglerfish Creative Lighting is committed to providing the most comprehensive monitor and solutions for both professional filmmakers and recreational videographers. Anglerfish have been testing this product for a while and are ready to launch it into the market. Anglerfish's aim is to open the accessibility of an external monitor to everyone while solving some of the deficiencies associated with other monitors available on the market. For that reason, Anglerfish includes the monitor, the shade, ball mount, cable, bulkhead, and bulkhead adaptors for the 5 major bands (Aquatica, Nauticam, Sea & Sea, Subal, and ISOTTA). Adapters to retrofit the existing bulkhead to work with other housing will be available for an additional cost and is made to order. Pre-order your monitor now by contacting us.
- 5.7” IPS Screen
- High brightness: 550cd/m²
- High Contrast: 1400:1
- Support HD 1920x1080 & 4K Input
- Display Resolution: 4K 24P, 4K 30P, or 1920x1080
- Viewing angle: 85°/85°(L/R), 85°/85°(U/D), wide 170° viewing angle
- Ultra-thin Design
- Rec.709 HD color standard
- Color Calibration before shipping
- Customizable Menu Colors
HOUSING DESIGNThe monitors electronic is integral to the housing which allows for low profile and overall weight reduction. The monitor uses a standard Sony F750 rechargeable battery. The battery compartment is completely sealed from the rest of the monitor which protects the electronics from flood due to user error. The battery compartment can be accessed using four thumbscrews. Housing has a ball and 1/4”-20 mounting options for upright and upside-down orientation. The shade can easily be removed and mounted reverse. The large staggered buttons allow for easy operation in cold water using gloves.
- The material of Construction: Aluminum Gr. 6061-T6 / Delrin
- Surface Treatment: Type III Hard Anodizing
- Pressure Rating: 200m Depth & Special 400m Version
- Operating Temperature: -3ºC to +50ºC
The custom bulkhead and the cable connectors are engineered for maximum signal attenuation by minimizing the connector’s differential impedance mismatch and reduce noise and cross-talk. This connector can transmit a 4K signal. Other monitor brands use the continuous cable for 4K transmission because they are not able to impedance match the connector to the cable. The use of continuous cable is not recommended because a failure in the cable can result in a housing flood. Moreover, it’s difficult to pull a vacuum as the air can travel from the monitor housing to the main camera housing. This problem is solved by using proper connectors that are vacuum-tight.
The connectors are designed for fatigue and cyclic use without failure. The unique design allows the user to remove the connector without removing the bulkhead from the housing. Moreover, the bulkhead is designed such that while wet removal of the connector will deflect water droplets away from the signal contacts. The bulkhead is supplied with a watertight cap as well.
- The material of Construction: Marine Brass
- Surface Treatment: Chrome/Nickel Plated
- Pressure Rating: 200m Depth
CABLE DESIGNAll monitor manufacturers typically use a land base HDMI cable with a thin outer jacket. A proper HDMI underwater cable does not exist until now. Anglerfish Creative Lighting has custom-designed its cable capable of transmitting signals up to 8K. The solid core cable can withstand subsea pressures. It is fully shielded and armored with a layer of Kevlar along with 2mm thick TPU plastic doped with UV stabilizers to protect it from direct sunlight and exposure to the harsh subsea environment. The cable can withstand a pull force of 1,000kg and is cut-resistant. You can hold your camera rig from Anglerfish's HDMI cable!
SOFTWARE FEATURESThe monitor electronics is loaded with features that allow the operator to capture images at ease. These software features are:
- Brightness Histogram
- Peaking Focus Assist (three colors options)
- False Colors
- Zebra Exposure (1-100IRE adjustable)
- Scan Mode (Under Scan, Over Scan)
- Check Field (Red, Green, Blue, Mono)
- Anamorphic Mode (1.3x, 2.0x, 2.0x magnification)
- Image Flip (H, V, H/V)
- Image Freeze
- Center Marker
- Screen Marker (80%,85%,90%,93%,96%, 2.35:1)
- Ratio marker (4:3,13:9,14:9,15:9,16:9,1.85:1,2.35:1)
- Color Temperature Adjustment
- Nine Grid (Zoom one of the images to realize the full screen)
- Zoom (4X, 9X, 16X)
- HDMI Input/ Output Support Format:
- 1080i (60/59.94/50)
- 720p (60/59.94/50/30/29/25/24/23.98)
- 1080p (60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/24sF/23.98/ 23.98sF)
- 4K UHD 3840×2160p (30/29.97/25/24/23.98Hz)
- 4096×2160p (24Hz)
- Dry weight: 1167g / 2.57lbs with battery installed, 900g / 1.98lbs without battery
- In sea water: 145g / 5.11oz negative with battery installed
- In fresh water 170g / 5.99oz negative with battery installed
- Size: 152mm L X 108mm W X 42mm D / 6in L X 4.25in W X 1.65in D
- The battery compartment is another 42mm / 1.65in depth
- Uses Sony NP-F750 & NP-F730 Batteries. Battery NOT Included.