Isotta D500 Underwater Housing for Nikon D500 Camera
<ul> <li>Depth Rated to 330ft/100m</li> <li>Anodized Machined Aluminum Housing</li> <li>Dual O-ring Seals</li> <li>Interchangeable Ports</li></ul>
SKU: # Is-d500
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / CANADA!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
This housing video shows many of the features Isotta offers across all DSLR camera housings.
Isotta D500 Underwater Housing for Nikon D500
- Depth Rated to 330ft/100m
- Anodized Machined Aluminum Housing
- Dual O-ring Seals
- Interchangeable Ports
- One Hand Opening Knob
As with all Isotta housings, the D500 also comes in its unique signature bright red color which has made it famous amongst the world of underwater photography.
The development team takes all customer feedback into strong consideration. Based on Isotta user feedback, they have equipped the D500 with the new and improved port and lens release functionality. Changing ports and lenses is now even easier than before.
THE HOUSINGDesigned and built to fit the specific form and functionality of the Nikon D500, the housing allows photographers and videographers to make use of almost all camera features from the outside.
The new design makes the housing even lighter weight in water and easier to handle underwater.
Photographers will be satisfied for their need of robustness thanks to the high quality of materials used. The production know-how and the use of innovative development techniques become apparent when photographers start using the Isotta housing.
Made entirely of anodized aluminum that is anti-corrosion and thermo-colored, all buttons are made entirely of aluminum as well. These rugged controls allow for all main features of the Nikon D500 to be used underwater, including those for video. Placing the camera into the housing is easy thanks to the new tray that keeps the camera in place once inserted. A lever locks the tray inside the housing.
Closing the housing is easy with Isottas single handed one-turn knob. Its fast and does not require effort by the user. Its secure thanks to its double steel pins at the bottom so the housing and the double O-rings on the rear door.
Handles are comfortable and molded ergonomically to the human hand.
Port and lens release functionality have been redesigned with ease of lens and port changes in mind. Exchanging ports and lenses is now even easier.
A wide range of ports and adapter rings allow pretty much any lens to be used with D500 and the Isotta housing.
PORTS & LENSESThe black anodized aluminum body and the optical crystal ensure the sharpness and the durability of the ports. The high standards of quality materials and precision mechanisms are the result of the Team Isotta experience and leave unchanged the characteristics of ambient light, allowing an optimal objective control.
Good image quality also depends on the quality of the lens used. In water it is essential the quality of the glass and the precision of construction of the port are appropriate for a given lens.
The installation of the port is intuitive and simple thanks to the markers for insertion and rotation. Equally easy is the changing of the camera's lenses thanks to the large filler attachment and the command to the lens release carry on the outside.
The double seal O-ring on the ports the confidence to dive deeper.
The extension rings and the adapters are designed to be fixed perfectly with the port and not allow any slippage.
- Aluminum body, anodized, anti-corrosion, red thermo-color
- Ergonomic side handles (optional smaller handles avalible)
- Two electrical bulkheads and two optical fiber bulkheads, located on top of housing
- Choice between full manual strobe mode, or one strobe in TTL mode and one in manual mode
- Back of housing completely separable from the front of housing for a greater comfort to inserting the camera
- Double O-ring, placed in every control, ensure an excellent watertight seal
- Lock on the tray for permanent positioning.
- Moisture indicator with easily visible red LED signal light
- All main controls allow full manual mode. Controls are easy to use even with gloves
- All controls are engraved with the function symbols
- Wide back viewfinder glass for an excellent view of the display
- External Inon viewfinders are fully Compatible
- Two M6 holes located on housing bottom side for different accessories such as brackets for strobes and video lights
- One M8 hole located on the top of the housing for various accessories
- Interchangeable port with the new innovative port release
- Compatible with Isotta & Sea & Sea ports
- Compatible with other brands of ports by means of optional adapter rings
- Single hand turning lock connecting front and back housing
- Deep rated: 100 m/330 ft
MEASURES WITH HANDLES
- 235 x 205 x 145 mm. (w x h x d)
- 9.25 x 8.1 x 5.7 in. (w x h x d)
- Air weight:
- 2.740 kg.
- 6.04 lbs