Sea & Sea MDX-a7II Underwater Housing for Sony a7 II Mirrorless Camera
Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Japan, SEA&SEA's latest mirrorless housing, the MDX-a7II for Sony Alpha a7II, is unmatched in its class. Featuring ergonomically re-designed levers, luminescent buttons, movable focus/zoom Gear, and optical YS-converter compatible, the Sea & Sea MDX-a7II housing is an excellent match for the Sony a7 II Mirrorless Camera.
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / CANADA!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Japan, SEA&SEA's latest mirrorless housing, the MDX-a7II for Sony Alpha a7II, is unmatched in its class.
- Optical YS-Converter Compatible: Converts the cameras TTL signal to a light signal. Both TTL and Manual Strobe control is compatible with Fiber-Optic Cable II.
- TTL ON/OFF Confirmation: Indicator Blue light indicates TTL mode activation, and Green light indicates Manual mode activation.
- Ergonomically Re-designed Levers: Shutter lever, AF mode lever, AF-ON lever, and movie-record lever all have been re-designed with ergonomic shapes.
- Movable Focus/Zoom Gear: When the Focus/Zoom dial is pulled out, the gear inside the housing will move outward allowing for lenses with large diameter to be easily mounted.
- Luminescent Buttons: Most levers and buttons will glow in dark environment.
The MDX-a7II housing accommodates SEA&SEA's exclusive Internal Optical YS-Converter, which eliminates the need for a Sync Cord system. The converter works via the hot shoe to trigger the strobe when the camera's shutter is activated, converting the TTL signal to a light signal. This Fiber Optic system allows for rapid strobe firing, reduced recycle time, and eliminates possible leak points that occur on traditional bulkheads.
- Optical YS-Converter compatible
- Ergonomically re-designed levers
- Diopter adjustment dial
- Luminescent buttons
- Movable Focus and Zoom gear
- 10_ LCD tilt allowance
- Compatible with all SEA&SEA NX Ports
- Two (2) fiber-optic cable sockets
- One (1) N-Type (2-pin) connector and one (1) HDMI accessory port
- Two (2) sacrificial zinc diodes (front and rear)
- Compatible with optional VF45 and VF180 view finders
- Built-in leak detector sensor
- Body: Corrosion-resistant aluminum alloy (machined)
- Grip: Corrosion-resistant die-cast aluminum alloy
- Depth rating: 100m / 330ft
- Dimension (WxHxD): 325x160x104mm / 12.8x6.3x4.1inch
- Weight: Approx. 2,250g / 79.4oz (housing only), 1,860g / 65.6oz (without grips)
- Compatible Accessories: SEA&SEA Strobes, Sea Arm 8, and Fiber-Optic Cable II