Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mark II Mirrorless Camera
<ul> <li>20 Megapixel Live MOS Sensor</li> <li>Cinema 4K Video</li> <li>121-Point Dual FAST AF</li> <li>Advanced 5-Axis Image Stabilization</li> <li>15fps Seq. Shooting (Mechanical)</li></ul>
SKU: # ol-v207060bu000
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / CANADA!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
OM-D E-M1 MARK II AT A GLANCE
Introducing the OM-D E-M1 Mark II, an advanced system of innovative technology and features designed to forever change your photography. Up to 18 frames per second sequential shooting with precision C-AF Tracking. 121 Cross-Type On-Chip Phase Detection AF points. Up to 5.5 shutter speed steps of compensation with powerful in-body image stabilization. Plus a 50MP High-Res Shot Mode. Its all enclosed in a magnesium alloy weatherproof body that weighs a mere 600 grams. Paired with the superior resolution of M.Zuiko PRO lenses, the E-M1 Mark II will deliver brilliant imagery thats coveted by professionals everywhere.
- 20 Megapixel Live MOS Sensor
- Advanced 5-Axis Image Stabilization
- Lightweight, Weatherproof Body
- 15fps Seq. Shooting (Mechanical)
- 60fps Seq. Shooting (Electronic)
- 1/8000s High-Speed Mechanical Shutter
- Cinema 4K Video
- 121-Point Dual FAST AF
- Fully-Articulating 3.0 Touch Monitor
- 50 Megapixel High-Res Shot Mode
- Focus Bracketing and Stacking
- Built-In Wi-Fi
THE WORLDS FASTEST
Experience sequential shooting speeds that far surpass those of DSLR cameras. Using its advanced silent electronic shutter, the E-M1 Mark II captures 20 MP RAW image files at up to an astonishing 60 fps in S-AF Mode and 18 fps in C-AF Tracking Mode. Or, use the E-M1 Mark IIs high-speed mechanical shutter to shoot full resolution photos at a blazing 15 fps in S-AF Mode, far surpassing other cameras in its class. Thanks to cutting-edge processing speeds, even fast-moving subjects are captured in stunning detail.
FAST, ACCURATE DUAL AF
AF SPEED & ACCURACY LIKE NEVER BEFORE
The high-speed autofocus built into the E-M1 Mark II captures split-second moments with precision and ease. Its Dual FAST AF system boasts an outstanding 121 points of On-Chip Phase Detection plus Contrast Detection AF. Every point of On-Chip Phase Detection is cross-type, facilitating detection of vertical and horizontal lines for superior accuracy. Four AF Target Modes All Point, Single Point, 9-Point Group, and 5-Point Cross can be easily switched with a single button press. Plus, the new Subject Tracking Cluster Display lets you easily focus on moving subjects using the cameras C-AF Tracking.
OUTSTANDING IMAGE QUALITY
The 20 MP Live MOS Sensor delivers rich gradations and excellent image quality, and its anti-reflective AR Coating reduces flare directly on the sensor. The 50 MP High Res Shot combines 8 shots to generate a single ultra-high res image. With a double quad-core system and dedicated AF calculation circuit, the TruePic VIII Image Processor easily powers the blazing sequential shooting and autofocus speeds. 4K (3840x2160) and C4K (4096x2160) video capture with a max bit rate of up to 237 Mbps is ideal for video production. And in-body 5-Axis Image Stabilization provides up to 5.5 shutter speed steps of compensation for blur-free handheld shooting.
Capturing precise moments often proves to be difficult, especially when your subject is in motion. The E-M1 Mark IIs Pro Capture Mode ensures that you catch the exact moment you want without any lag. Pro Capture starts taking and buffering a running series of full resolution JPEG / RAW images as soon as you press the shutter release button halfway. Fully press the shutter button to instantly record an image plus up to 14 previous frames. Keep the shutter button fully depressed to continue shooting. With Pro Captures silent electronic shutter and high speed sequential shooting, youll capture once-in-a-lifetime images in no time.
Whether youre taking to the streets, traveling the world, or working in the studio, the E-M1 Mark II is built to keep you capturing great shots without worrying about your gear. It's designed to be compact and lightweight, providing easy handheld shooting with more freedom.The metal body is hermetically sealed to be splashproof, dustproof, and freezeproof down to 14_F (-10_C), so you can take advantage of every photo opportunity. The new high-capacity Li-Ion battery enables more shots on single charge plus requires significantly less charging time. And the dual card slots make it easy to backup and manage your image files.
ADVANCED IMAGING TOOLS
Silent Shutter Mode completely eliminates shutter noise and all electronic sounds, perfect for wildlife, concert halls, or other quiet environments. With the Live Composite and Live Bulb Modes, youll shoot beautiful nighttime compositions as you watch the image build up on the monitor, giving you full freedom of exposure adjustment. For incredible macro shots, Focus Bracketing and Stacking lets you take several photos of a subject and then stack them into a single image with edge-to-edge clarity. Olympus Capture provides seamless tethered shooting through the USB 3.0 Type C port.
- Sensor Effective Resolution / Type: 20.4 Megapixel Live MOS
- Processor: TruePic VIII Dual Quad Core Processor
- Focusing System: Dual F.A.S.T. AF (Contrast & Phase Detection AF) 121 Point (All Cross Type) On-Chip Phase Detection
- Image Stabilization System: 5-Axis In Body Image Stabilization
- Viewfinder: 2.36M dot LCD Electronic Viewfinder
- Rear Monitor: 3.0" Vari-Angle Touch LCD
- Weatherproof: Dust, Splash and Freezeproof
- Sequential Shooting Speed:
- 15fps [H] mode 10fps [L] mode mechanical shutter
- 60fps [H] mode 18fps [L] mode silent electronic shutter
- Flash: Bundled FL-LM3 (dust & splash-proof)
- Special Features
- 4k Video Capture (30/25/24 fps)
- PRO Capture Lag-Free Electronic Shutter Mode
- In-camera Focus Stacking
- Dual SD Card Slots
Sensor / Dust Reduction
- Sensor Type4/3" Live MOS Sensor
- Effective Pixels20.4 million
- Total Pixels21.8 million
- Aspect Ratio & Area4:3 / 17.4 x 13.0mm
- Dust ReductionSuper Sonic Wave Filter
- Processor TypeTruePic VIII
- AF System TypeHigh-speed imager AF: Imager phase detection AF and imager contrast AF (active AF automatically selected by camera; when a Micro Four Thirds lens is attached, imager phase detection AF is always selected)
- Focus ModesSingle AF (S-AF) / Continuous AF (C-AF) / Manual Focus (MF) / S-AF + MF / AF tracking (C-AF + TR) / Preset MF1
1 Distance setting values are rough estimates and not compatible lens except the AF lens.
- Full Time AFNot Available
- AF LimiterAvailable (Fn button can be assigned to On/Off; can save 3 settings)Distance setting values are rough estimates.
- AF PerformanceC-AF lock (5 steps) , AF scanner (3 types)
- Magnified Frame3x , 5x , 7x , 10x , 14x
Autofocusing is possible in the magnified frame; can be assigned to button to turn magnify frame AF on and to activate magnification; touch icon on monitor to turn off; enables selection of AF point from over 800.
- Face Detection AF / Eye DetectionAvailable
Eye Detection AF mode : off / nearer-eye priority / right-eye priority / left-eye priority
- Focusing Points / Focusing Points Selection Mode121-point cross-type phase detection AF and 121-point contrast AF / All target, group target (9-area or 5-area), single target
- AF IlluminatorAvailable
- AF Targeting PadAvailable (activate / deactivate with double tap on rear monitor)
- Manual Focus Assist Customize FunctionFocus ring rotation activates Live View image magnification and/or focus peaking when in S-AF+MF or MF mode
- Peaking FunctionActivate with Fn button or focus ring
Change peaking settings using the Info button
Color selection: white, black, red, yellow
Intensity selection: high, normal, low
Back light effect: on, off
- System TypeBuilt-in 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization for movie and still photos
yaw/pitch/roll/vertical shift/horizontal shift
- Modes4 modes (S-IS AUTO, S-IS1, S-IS2, S-IS3), OFF
- 5-Axis Sync ISAvailable
When using M.Zuiko Digital lenses equipped with image stabilization
- Live View Image StabilizationActivation by half-pressing shutter button or enlarging view
- Focal Length Setting11 settings: 10 programmable settings (10 lenses), 1 open setting
- IS For Live View ImageActivation by half-pressing shutter button or enlarging view
- Stabilization Performance5.5 EV
Based on CIPA measurement conditions.
When using M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO (focal length = 40mm (35mm equivalent: 80mm))
- Lens IS PriorityAvailable
Shutter / Sequential Shooting
- Shutter TypeComputerized focal-plane, high-speed mechanical shutterSilent electronic shutter
- Shutter SpeedMechanical Shutter: 1/8000 - 60 sec. (1/3, 1/2, 1 EV steps selectable)
Electronic Shutter (Silent Mode): 1/32000 - 60 sec
Bulb / Time: default setting 8 min. (1/2/4/8/15/20/25/30 min. selectable)
- Sequential Shooting Maximum Speed[Sequential shooting H]approx. 15 fps with selectable 10-15 fps
[Sequential shooting L]approx. 10 fps with selectable 1-10 fps
[Anti-shock sequential shooting L]approx. 8.5 fps with selectable 1-8 fps
[Silent sequential shooting H]approx. 60 fps with selectable 15, 20, 30, 60 fps
[Silent sequential shooting L]approx. 18 fps with selectable 1-10, 15, 18 fps
[Pro Capture H]approx. 60 fps with selectable 15, 20, 30, 60 fps
[Pro Capture L]approx. 18 fps with selectable 1-10, 15, 18 fps
When using the M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO
Maximum sequential shooting speed may be affected by several factors including lens used, brightness, aperture, shutter speed, and ISO setting.
When in Pro Capture mode, slower shutter speeds and flash can not be used
When ISO is 8000 or above, 30 fps becomes the maximum sequential shooting speed, and the actual shooting speed may become slower than the set shooting speed by a few frames per second. When using ISO Bracketing, performance will be affected at ISO 2000 or above.
Focus and exposure are fixed at the values of the first shot when using sequential shooting H.
Maximum sequential shooting speed is 8.5 fps for anti-shock sequential shooting L, even when set to 9 or 10 fps.
- Max Recordable Pictures in Sequential ShootingTBD
- Self TimerOperation time: 12 sec., 2 sec.,custom (Waiting time 1-30sec.,Shooting interval 0.5/1/2/3sec.,Number of shots 1-10
- Finder TypeEye-level electronic viewfinder, approx. 2.36M dots
- Field of View / Viewfinder MagnificationApprox. 100% / Approx. 1.30x1 - 1.48x2 (-1m-1, 50mm lens, Infinity)
1: Finder Style 1, 2 (aspect ratio 4:3) 2: Finder Style 3 (aspect ratio 4:3)
- Eye Point / Diopter Adjustment RangeApprox. 21mm (-1m-1, Distance from rear lens surface) / -4 ~ +2m-1
- PreviewLive View preview with depth of field preview lock
- Display GridOff / normal grid / trichotomy /golden grid / scale / diagonal / movie grid
grid color is selectable
- Level Gauge2-axis (horizontal / vertical) level gauge
- One Touch Tele-ConverterAvailable (2x)
- Finder Style3 styles
- Brightness / Color Temp ControlAdaptive brightness technology (EVF Auto Luminance) / 7 level manual brightness control /7 level manual color temperature control
- S-OVF (Simulated OVF)Expands the Live View dynamic range.Available in the EVF when in P, A, S and M modes. Art filter, WB and exposure are not reflected in EVF.
- EyecupOptional eyecup EP-13 available
- Rear Monitor Size3.0-inch vari-angle monitor Approx.1037k dots (3:2), electrostatic capacitance touch panel
- Touch ControlShutter release, magnification, AF area selection, AF area size adjustment, AF touch pad, frame forward/backward, magnified playback, Live Guide, Super Control Panel, Wi-Fi connection, movie controls, movie effects, movie teleconverter , selfie controls (shutter release, e-Portrait, custom self timer)
- Tilting CapabilityWith (mirror display when monitor is in self portrait position)
- Brightness / Color Temp Control (Rear Monitor)7 levels / 7 levels
- Color Tone SelectVivid / Natural
- Live ViewApprox. 100% field of view, exposure compensation preview, WB adjustment preview, gradation preview, face detection preview (up to 8 faces), grid line, magnification display (x3/x5/x7/x10/x14),
Display modes: Standard, Histogram, Highlight & Shadow, Level Gauge, Off (Image Only)
- Field of View100%
- Display ModeStandard, Histogram, Highlight & Shadow, Level Gauge, Off (Image Only)
- Magnification Displayx3/x5/x7/x10/x14
- Monitor InformationAperture value, Shutter speed, Auto Bracket, AE Lock, AF mode, IS, Shooting Mode, Battery %, Custom Set, Internal Temperature Warning, Face / Eye Detection, Histogram, Number of storable still pictures, Record mode, ISO, Sequential shooting, Self-timer, White Balance, Metering Mode, AF confirmation, Exposure Compensation Value, Spot metering Area Flash Mode, Flash Status, Flash intensity Control, Super FP, Focal length, Tone control, Eye-Fi condition, Digital teleconverter
- Display of Face DetectionMax 8 frames of face detection can be displayed.
Exposure Control / Flash
- Metering SystemDigital ESP metering (324-area multi pattern metering), center-weighted average metering, spot metering, spot metering with highlight control, spot metering with shadow controlAlso available AF target spot metering
- Metering RangeEV -2 - 20 (using 17mm f2.8, ISO 100)
- Exposure Mode / Shooting Modei Auto (Live Guide can be used) , P: program AE (program shift can be performed),
A: aperture priority AE
S: Shutter priority AE
M: Manual (Live Bulb, Live Time and Live Composite are available)
Underwater wide/Underwater macro (to be assigned to the Fn1 button)
- Scene Select AENo
- ISO SensitivityAUTO ISO (default) : LOW (approx.64) 6400 with customizable upper limit (200 - 6400)
Manual ISO : LOW (approx.64), 200 - 25600 (adjustable in 1/3 or 1 EV steps)
- Exposure Compensation5 EV, adjustable by 1/3, 1/2 or 1 EV steps When shooting in HDR or in video, only adjustable up to 3 EV stepsLive View only reflects up to 3 EV steps
- AE LockLocks with a half-press of the shutter button , AEL/AFL button(can be set to Fn button as well)
- Noise Filter at High ISO SettingOff, Low, Standard, High
- Noise Reduction at Slow Shutter SpeedOff, On, Auto On : effective when shutter speed is slower than 1 sec.
Auto : effective when shutter speed is slower than 4 sec. (at ISO 200 or higher) or 8 sec. (at lower than ISO200)
- Flash Intensity Control ModeTTL Auto, Auto, Manual, Super FP(FP-TTL AUTO, FP-MANUAL)
Available on the external flash
- Bundled FlashFL-LM3dustproof and splashproof flash
Bounce Capability up and down45, 60, 75, 90 degree / left and right 30, 60, 90, 120, 150, 180 degree
Powered by the camera
- Flash ModeRedeye, Fill-in, Flash Off, Red-eye Slow sync.(1st curtain), Slow sync.(1st curtain), Slow sync.(2nd curtain), Manual1/1FULL1/64
- Synchronization Speed1/250 sec.
When using Super FP: 1/125-1/8000 sec.
When using electronic shutter:1/50 sec. up to ISO6400, 1/20 sec. for ISO 8000 and higher, and 1/20 sec. for ISO bracketing
- Flash Intensity ControlUp to 3 EV in 1/3, 1/2, 1 EV steps selectable
- Compatible External FlashFL-50R, FL-36R, FL-20, FL-14, FL-300R, FL-600R, FL-900R, STF-8
- Wireless Flash ControlWireless flash transmission channel settings enable selection of the flash/no flash for groups of multiple flash units. In addition, it allows TTL auto, auto and manual models to be set; offers a bounce and swivel head; and flash coverage is automatically adjusted in several steps to correspond to the image area when zooming.
- Wireless Flash Control MethodTriggered and controlled by Olympus Wireless RC Flash system compatible flashes: included FL-LM3 or separately available FL-600R and FL-900R , STF-8
- Wireless Flash Intensity Control ModeTTL Auto, Auto, Manual, FP-TTL-AUTO, FP-MANUAL
- Channel No.4 channels
- Group No.4 groups (External flash 3 groups + commander flash)
Memory / Image Recording (File Format)
- Compatible MemorySD, SDHC1, SDXC1, Eye-Fi Card compatible2
1 Slot1:UHS-I,II compatible , Slot2:UHS-I compatible.
2 Not compatible with Endless Memory.
- Recording FormatDCF2.0, Exif2.3
- File FormatRAW (12-bit lossless compression), JPEG, RAW+JPEG
- Recording Image Size[RAW] 5184 x 3888 pixels[JPEG] 5184 x 3888 pixels - 1024 x 768 pixels
- File SizeTBD
- Dual Card Slot SettingsStandard, Auto Switch, Dual Independent, Dual SameWhen two cards are inserted, card to be saved on to or to be viewed can be designated.
- Folder Creation and SelectionAvailable
- CopyCopy single file, copy multiple files, copy allWhen copied, the new file will be given a different name from that of the original file.
White Balance / Color Mode
- White Balance ModeAuto WB, 7 Preset WBs, 4 Capture WBs, Custom WB(Kelvin setting)
- White Balance Compensation7 steps along A-B / G-M axis Except for Custom WB
- Preset White Balance7 preset WBs (3000K - 7500K)- Sunny(5300K), Shadow(7500K), Cloudy(6000K), Incandescent(3000K), Fluorescent(4000K), Underwater, WB Flash(5500K)
- CWB (Kelvin Setting)2000 - 14000K
- Capture White Balance4 custom settings can be registered
- Color ModesRGB, Adobe RGB
Brackting / HDR
- Exposure Bracketing2, 3 or 5 frames in 0.3/0.7/1.0EV steps selectable, 7 frames in 0.3/0.7EV steps selectable
- ISO Bracketing3 frames in 0.3/0.7/1.0EV steps selectable
- White Balance Bracketing3 frames in 2, 4, 6 selectable steps for A-B/G-M axis.
- Flash Bracketing3 frames in 0.3/0.7/1.0EV step selectable
- Art Filter Bracketingi-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, Art Filters, Color Creatorselectable
- Focus Bracketing3 to 999 shots, focus steps adjustable from 1 to 10 (compatible with Micro Four Thirds lenses)
- Focus Stacking Mode8 shots are taken at different focus points and automatically composited together into a single image
Angle of view becomes slightly smaller
Compatible with :
M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm f/2.8 Macro
M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO
M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO
M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm f/3.5 Macro
M.Zuiko Digital ED 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO
M.Zuiko Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO
M.Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f/4.0 IS PRO
- HDR (Auto Composite)HDR1, HDR2 (painting-like)
ISO sensitivity is fixed at 200, and maximum shutter speed setting is 4 sec.
Exposure compensation can be performed.
- Bracketing for HDR post-process3 or 5 frames in 2.0 or 3.0 EV steps, or 7 frames in 2.0 EV steps.
This sequential shooting H AE bracketing is specifically for shooting images that will be HDR-processed on a PC.
- Picture Modei-Enhance, Vivid, Natural, Muted, Portrait, Monotone, Custom, e Portrait, Underwater, Color Creator, Art Filters
- GradationAuto, Normal, High Key, Low Key [except when using i-Enhance, Underwater, Art Filters, Color Creator]
- Filter Effect (B&W Filter)Neutral, Yellow, Orange, Red, Green for Monotone
- Picture ToneNeutral, Sepia, Blue, Purple, Green for Monotone
- Art Filter
(Variation / Art Effect)Pop Art (I, II / a.b.c.d.e)
Soft Focus ( - / c.e)
Pale & Light Color (I, II / a.b.c.d)
Light Tone ( - / d)
Grainy Film (I, II / b.c.d.f.g)
Pin Hole (I, II, III / d.)
Diorama ( - / d.)
Cross Process (I, II / b.c.d.)
Gentle Sepia ( - / a.b.c.d.f.)
Dramatic Tone (I / b.c.d.e.f.) (II / b.c.d.e.f.g.h)
Key Line (I, II / a.b.c.d.e.)
Watercolor(I, II / a.b.c.d.)
Vintage (I, II, III / a.b.c.d.e.f.i)
Partial Color(I, II, III / a.b.c.d.e.f)
- Art Effecta. Soft Focus Effect
b. Pin-Hole Effect
c. White Edge Effect
d. Frame Effect
e. Star Light Effect
f. Blur Effect (Top & bottom, Left & Right)
g. B&W Effect (None, Yellow, Orange, Red, Green)
h. Picture Tone (None, Sepia, Blue, Purple, Green)
i. Shade Effect (Top & bottom, Left & Right)
- Color Ring (for partial color)18 color selectable
- Live Bulb / Live TimeUpdate Interval Time - 0.5 sec 60 sec
- Live CompositeUpdate Interval Time / composite method 0.5 sec 60 sec / Lighten Mode (Bright area prioritization)
- Interval Shooting"Interval Time 1sec. - 24 Hours, Max 999 frames.Available on making Time-lapse movie automatically"
- Multiple Exposure (number of pictures / function)2 frames / Auto gain, Exposing on Recorded picture(RAW)
- Keystone CompensationAvailable (can be confirmed in Live View)Horizontal and vertical compensation can be performed simultaneously.
Video / Audio Recording
- Video Recording FormatMOV(MPEG-4AVC/H.264) , AVI(Motion JPEG)
- Movie Mode / Frame Rate / Compression Method4096 _ 2160 (C4K) / 24p / IPB (approx. 237 Mbps)
3840 _ 2160 (4K) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (approx. 102 Mbps)
1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / ALL-I (A-I), IPB (SF, F, N)
1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 60p, 50p / IPB (SF, F, N)
1280 x 720 (HD) / 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, 24p / ALL-I (A-I),IPB (SF, F, N)
60p 59.94 fps, 50p 50.00 fps, 30p 29.97 fps, 25p 25.00 fps,
24p 23.98 fps, C4K 24.00 fps
FHD ALL-I (A-I ALL-Intra / approx. 202 Mbps),
FHD IPB (SF: SuperFine / approx. 52 Mbps, F: Fine / approx.. 30 Mbps,
N: Normal / approx. 18 Mbps)
HD ALL-I (A-IALL-Intra/approx. 102 Mbps),
HD IPB(SFSuperFine/approx.26Mbps, F:Fine/approx.14MbpsNNormal/approx.10Mbps)
HD (1280 x 720) / 30p
Frame rates may drop when particular Art Filters and Movie Effects are used.
Class 10 or higher SD card is recommended for shooting movies.
UHS-II or UHS-I U3 card is recommended for 4K,C4K,ALL-I shooting.
- Maximum Video Recording Time[MOV] Approx.. 29min[AVI] Approx. 7min
Excluding when particular Art Filters are used
- Movie Tele-converterApprox. 3x (enlarges view of selected area)
- Art Filter MovieAvailable(Frame rates may drop when certain Art Filters are used)
- Movie EffectOne-shot Echo / Multi-echo / Art Fade / Old Film
- Timelapse Movie[AVI ]
- IS for MovieM-IS1(Image sensor shift and electronic image stabilizer with multi motion IS),
M-IS2(Image sensor shift with multi motion IS), Off
While using M-IS1, field of view may be affected.
- AE LockAvailable
- Video Exposure ControlProgram AE, aperture priority AE, shutter priority AE, manual
- Grid Lines / Focus Peaking4 types of grid lines / 4 colors for focus peaking
- Time CodeRec run/free run, drop frame/non-drop frame
- File SizeTBD
- Clips1, 2, 4, 8 sec.
(Further continued shooting possible up to 16 seconds by pressing movie record button again)
- Quick Movie / Slow MovieWith (this f