Nauticam SmallHD 503 Underwater Monitor Housing NA-503-H
Nauticam SmallHD 503 Underwater Monitor Housing NA-503-H
Add the HDMI Cable
HDMI cable from the monitor to the camera is NOT included. HDMI 2.0 CABLE SOLD SEPARATELY. Not sure which cable you need? Give us a call to make sure you get the right one.
Price as Configured
Overview / Product Description
Nauticam SmallHD 503 Underwater Monitor Housing NA-503-H with HDMI 1.4 Input
The SmallHD 503 UltraBright monitor is an incredibly compact and sharp 5-inch daylight viewable field monitor and the perfect complement to a Nauticam underwater video system. The UltraBright version adds 2200 nit daylight viewable brightness to the already stunning 5″, 1920 x 1080 Full HD Display. The 443 PPI monitor comes equipped with an amazing suite of software tools for image monitoring in a compact form factor. This version of the NA-503-H is set up for an HDMI camera connection, see NA-503-S for an HD-SDI camera connection.
THE SMALLHD 503 ULTRABRIGHT MONITORThere aren’t enough good things that can be said about this screen. Pixel density (the specification that results in sharpness) now sits at 443 PPI (higher than an iPhone 11). The monitor is capable of displaying 100% of the REC 709 color space allowing for accurate judgment of color and exposure even in bright daylight conditions.
The monitor feels immediately familiar, almost identical in size to your favorite smartphone. A joystick is used to effortlessly flip through video “pages”. Each page accepts multiple image analysis tools, configured by the user for their individual needs.
EXPOSURE ASSIST (FALSE COLOR)This overlay mode "paints" areas of the image that have reached a certain brightness value allowing the shooter to see what parts of the image may be over or underexposed. The colors used to show these luminance values can be customized as well.
ZEBRAA slightly simpler version of the Exposure Assistant this tool "paints" areas of the image with a stripe pattern when they reach a pre-set brightness value allowing you to quickly see areas that may be in danger of being over or under-exposed. You can run two zebra overlays at once allowing you to monitor both highlights and shadows simultaneously. This tool does not change the underlying color of the image on the display making it a less obtrusive option than False Color overlays.
WAVEFORMThe waveform shows you the brightness of the image as a map, matching the screen from left to right. This tool can also be set to RGB mode in which case it monitors Chrominance (Color) as well as Luminance (Brightness). The RGB and RGB Parade modes will also help judge color balance (i.e. white balance), especially useful to underwater shooters.
RGB PARADE (HISTOGRAM)This tool shows an RGB Luminance Histogram that allows for easy judgment of each channel and the overall image's exposure.
PIXEL ZOOMZoom in on any page by simply pushing the joystick up. This allows for accurate judgment of critical focus.
FOCUS ASSISTThis mode highlights the sharpest areas of the image with an assignable color. This allows for a quick and accurate judgment of focus without having to zoom into the image.
PEAKINGThis is a more subtle version of Focus Assist that does not change the underlying image as much yet still shows the outline of the sharpest parts of the image in an assignable color.
NAUTICAM NA-503-H UNDERWATER HOUSINGNauticam has supported the 501, 502, and 502 Bright models of SmallHD monitors and continues to evolve and innovate with the new NA-503 for the 503 UltraBright Monitor. With more cameras offering video capability the need for an efficient and bright external monitor is only growing. With Nauticam's bulkhead system, attaching and detaching the cable system can be done quickly in the field. This means you can easily switch from a still photo setup to a video setup in between dives, quickly removing the monitor and even installing a magnifying viewfinder to the housing.
The NA-503 housing provides access to all monitor controls, and the complete menu system is available in the housing, and at depth.
The Nauticam NA-503 housing features the rugged build quality and advanced manufacturing expertise Nauticam user base has come to expect. The joystick navigation system used by the 503 UltraBright monitor is translated to four directional arrows, a center select button, a dedicated “back/power" button, along with the "F1" and "F2" buttons underneath. The interface is simple but elegant, and perfectly suited to the underwater environment.
The SmallHD 503 UltraBright does require the addition of the SmallHD L-Series Battery Plate for 503/703 UltraBright. The Nauticam NA-503 housing accepts up to two Sony NP-F750 batteries which provide up to 4.5 hours of run time.
HDMI and HD-SDI are both supported by a single housing, providing an extremely broad range of camera support in a single underwater monitor system.
CROSS CONVERSION AND PASSTHROUGHThe 503 UltraBright monitor can also function as a passthrough monitor, passing either HDMI or SDI to a surface monitor. The NA-503 housings feature an M28 opening that can accommodate another HD-SDI or HDMI cable.
The SmallHD 503 UltraBright also features a cross-conversion feature meaning an HDMI input from the camera can be converted to an HD-SDI signal by the monitor and passed through a second bulkhead to a surface monitor. HD-SDI can travel over longer distances making this ideal for surface monitoring even from a camera that only features HDMI output. Nauticam HD-SDI Cable Accessories provide a reliable way of transporting a video signal over long distances.
- 1 x M16 pre-installed with 25625 Vacuum Valve II
- 1x M28 pre-installed with M28 to M16 Step-Down Adapter
What's In The Box:
- 17925 NA-503-H Housing with HDMI 1.4 Input
- 90254 Spare Housing O-Ring and Lubricant
- 25071 HDMI 1.4 cable (A-D) in 0.75m length (pre-installed)
- 25625 M16 Vacuum Valve II (Pushbutton Release)
- Mounting Ball (pre-installed) and Monitor Hood
- 25033 Standard HDMI bulkhead with M16 thread
- 25036 HDMI (D-C) cable in 190mm length (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
- 25046 HDMI (D-D) cable in 200mm length (for connection from HDMI bulkhead to camera)
- M16 extension
- CR2032 Battery
- Allen Wrench Set
- Padded Travel Bag
NA-503-H OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES
- 25071 HDMI cable (A-D) in 0.75m length (for connection from Shogun housing to HDMI bulkhead) Compatible with 17904/17909/17908/17923/17925
- 25036 HDMI (D-C) cable in 190mm length for NA-D6/D5/D500/5DIV/5DSR/R.
- 25042 HDMI (D-C) cable in 240mm length for NA-1DXIII/D850/Z7II/Z7V.
- 25046 HDMI (D-D) cable in 200mm length for RX100V/VII/VII/G7XIII/G5XII/a6500/A7RIII/a2020/Z50/EM1X.
- 25075 HDMI (D-A) Cable in 190mm Length for NA-GH5S.
- 25076 HDMI (D-D) Cable in 200mm Length for NA-XT4/XT3/A6400/6600/R5/R6/GFX100/GFX100S/A7C.
- 25083 HDMI (D-A) Cable in 240mm Length for NA-BMPCCII/6K/S1R/S1H.
- 25095 HDMI (D-A) Cable in 170 mm Length for NA-A7SIII.
- 25100 HDMI (D-A) cable in 200mm length for NA-a1/FX3.
- 25701 HDMI (D-A) cable in 260mm length for NA-C70
- 16243 HDMI A-D Cable in 0.5m Length for RED DSMC2/C200/EVA1/C500II/E2/E2F.
- 90254 Spare Housing O-Ring
SDI Out Connectivity:
- *25058 M16 SDI Bulkhead
- *25060 SDI cable in 0.3m length (for connection from camera to underside of SDI Bulkhead)
- *25065 SDI surface monitor cable in 45m length (for connection from SDI Bulkhead to Surface Monitor on land)
- 25059 SDI cable extension adaptor
- 25062 SDI cable in 5m length (for connection between SDI Bulkheads)
- 25063 SDI cable in 30m length (for connection between SDI Bulkheads)
- 25064 SDI surface monitor cable in 15m length (for connection from SDI Bulkhead to Surface Monitor on land)
- (* items are essential items to use a surface monitor)
- Depth Rating: 100m / 330ft
- Weight in Air: 1.9kg / 4.2lbs
- Buoyancy in water: positive 0.39kg / 0.86lbs
- Dimensions: 252mm (W) × 139mm (H) × 111mm (D)