Nauticam NA-EOSM5 Underwater Housing for Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera
<ul> <li>Port Locking Lever</li> <li>Extensive Accessory Lineup</li> <li>Camera Mounting Tray</li> <li>Integrated Handles with Stainless Steel Support Brackets</li> <li>Rubberized Zoom/Focus Knob</li> <li>HDMI Connectivity</li> </ul>
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / Canada!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
Nauticam NA-EOSM5 Underwater Housing for Canon EOS M5 Mirrorless Camera
Canon EOS M5
24.2MP Pixel APS-C Sensor with Dual Pixel Autofocus In a Mirrorless Body!The Canon EOS M5 is a versatile mirrorless camera perfect for both stills and video. The camera features a 24MP APS-C CMOS sensor with Dual Pixel AF, offering quick and accurate phase-detection autofocus across 80% of the frame. A built-in electronic viewfinder, a good number of external controls (including twin control dials), and a well implemented touchscreen complete the system.
The Canon EOS M5 uses the same Dual Pixel autofocus system as the company's EOS 80D DSLR camera. This focusing system is particularly well-suited to tracking moving subjects, and pairs with Digital IS 5-axis image stabilization for steadier, shake-free video recording. Dual Pixel CMOS AF offers camcorder-esque smooth and fast focusing. When shooting video, a specialized Movie Servo AF mode offers natural focusing movements when changing from different subjects or different distances within the scene. For still imagery, this system locks focus quickly and accurately with very little hunting.
Control dials provide the easiest way to access frequently used camera settings directly and the EOS M5 has four of them in total: two main dials on the top of the camera, a dedicated exposure compensation dial and a fourth dial encircling the four-way controller on the back of the camera. This is a much higher level of direct control than the simpler EOS M-series models offered previously.
Key Camera Specifications
- 24MP Dual Pixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
- 2.36M-dot OLED electronic viewfinder
- 1.62M-dot tilting rear touchscreen
- Electronic video stabilization combines with in-lens IS to give 5-axis IS
- 7 fps continuous shooting (9 fps with focus and exposure locked)
- Wi-Fi with always-connected Bluetooth
The NA-EOSM5 HousingA quick look at the Canon EOS M5 camera reveals body styling that is clearly inherited from the ergonomically excellent Canon EOS DSLR series. That same strategy is revealed in the NA-EOSM5, incorporating all of the functionality of Nauticam DSLR systems in an extremely compact package.
The housing is small, but not at the expense of functionality or ergonomics. Integrated handles provide a sturdy and comfortable base to operate the system from. An ergonomic shutter release lever and well placed control dials provide excellent tactile feel. Important pushbuttons, such as * (for focus/exposure lock) and video record are placed within easy reach of the handles. Camera controls have sufficient spacing to allow easy operation, even by feel.
This is a rugged housing, ready to tackle thousands of hours of underwater abuse. Crafted from solid aircraft aluminum, the housing can reach depths of 100m with ease. The secure single rotating housing latch opens the housing back. The camera drops in easily. The rear mounted housing o-ring makes maintenance simple. Dual fiber optic synch ports are standard and take advantage of the cameras pop-up flash for strobe triggering. To make the most of the excellent EOS M5 electronic view finder (EVF), Nauticam allows for installation of the acclaimed 45º and 180º magnified viewfinders, providing the ultimate in clear composition and focus ability.
The NA-EOSM5 is a professional grade underwater housing, supporting the outstanding EOS M5 camera body to its full potential.
Integrated Vacuum Monitoring and Leak DetectionCircuitry included as standard equipment provides constant monitoring of water tight integrity when combined with an optional Nauticam M14 Vacuum Valve (PN 25624). Green means safe to dive!
Port Locking LeverThe iconic Nauticam port locking lever allows effortless port changes. No twisting required, just press and lock.
This is a patented Nauticam feature, found on no other housing, providing unmatched ease of use!
Extensive Accessory LineupThe range of Nauticam accessories is unmatched, from viewfinders to electronic bulkheads, multiple accessories are available to customize the system to individual needs. A variety of lens ports support all popular lenses. Accessory lenses, like the revolutionary Compact Macro Converter (PN 81301) and Wet Wide Lens (PN 83201), attached with an easy to use bayonet system.
Camera Mounting TrayA locking camera mount system secures the camera in place, providing strength and precise positioning even when a heavy lens is mounted.
Integrated Handles with Stainless Steel Support BracketsRubberized handles and oversized controls are easy to operate even when wearing thick cold water gloves.
Handle support brackets are included with the housing, providing a solid "wobble free" attachment base to shoot from, even with heavy lighting systems. Multiple lanyard attachment points are included in the brackets.
Rubberized Zoom/Focus KnobA large, rubberized zoom and focus control knob provides easy lens control with excellent tactile feel.
HDMI ConnectivityTo use an external monitor housing like the Nauticam NA-502H, add an accessory HDMI bulkhead to the M16 port on the front of the housing. (25028+25032+25046 are needed).
130 Degrees of Glorious Wide Angle Coverage!It's all about the glass, and great lenses are the key to terrific photography. This has always been a strength of Canon systems, and the lineup is now stronger than ever thanks to the Nauticam Wet Wide Lens (WWL-1).
WWL-1, paired with an Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM* Lens, provides a full zoom through ultra wide angle field of view. In our tests, this combination exceeds the corner sharpness and clarity of even very good wide angle lenses behind dome ports. WWL-1 will focus on its front element for unmatched close focus wide angle performance, and full zoom through means you can zoom to crop in camera for tighter framing.
WWL-1 is mounted via a quick change bayonet system (67mm PN 83213) that allows fast and easy one handed mounting and removal. An optional lens caddy provides a place to park the WWL-1 lens when not in use. For closeup and macro work, the Nauticam Compact Macro Converters (CMC-1, PN 81301) and (CMC-2, PN 81302) can be mounted using the same quick change bayonet system. Ultra wide, mid-range and macro imaging capability, all on the same dive!
The Canon EOS M system supports a large range of high quality Canon M lenses, and with the addition of the EF-EOS M lens mount adaptor Canon EF and EF-S lenses can be used! This includes the professional L lens lineup, and several lenses that perform extremely well underwater are available. Some examples:
- Canon EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM: Shoot ultra wide, mid-range and macro, all on the same dive! Add the Nauticam WWL-1 for wide angle and the Nauticam macro converters CMC-1 or CMC-2 for macro images.
- Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM: A compact answer to ultra wide-angle imagery without fisheye distortion. This rectilinear zoom lens covers ultra wide to conventional wide-angle subjects.
- Canon EF-M 22mm f/2.0 STM: Equivalent to the classic 35mm wide-angle lens (on a full-frame camera), this is a great option for available-light shooting with its “fast” f/2.0 maximum lens aperture. Add the Nauticam WWL-1 for wider coverage underwater.
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM with EF-EOS M adaptor: This 180º fisheye lens focuses close and is razor sharp. The usable zoom range on an APS-C sensor is 10-15mm. Combined with a small port, there is no better CFWA (close focus wide angle) option on the planet!
- Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM with EF-EOS M adaptor: This is an nice small macro lens with 1:1 magnification. Add a Nauticam Super Macro Converter SMC-1 for even more magnification.
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM with EF-EOS M adaptor: For smaller subjects and more working distance than the 60mm macro lens, the EF 100mm f/2.8L with 1:1 magnification is the perfect choice. For more magnification add the Nauticam Super Macro Converter SMC-1 and for extremely small subjects the addition of a Nauticam Multiplier-1, provides 3.5X magnification!
Viewfinder OptionsA clear view for fine focus and composition is critical for successful underwater photography, and nothing beats a magnifying viewfinder. These viewfinders use distance, not closeup vision, and provide a large, clear view of the high resolution, 2.36m-dot electronic viewfinder on the EOS M5. Available in angled 45º (PN 32205) and Straight (PN 32204) formats, both viewfinders have external dioptric adjustments for dialing in perfect correction matched to the photographer's eyesight.
Integrated Vacuum Check and Leak Detection SystemThe Nauticam vacuum check and leak detection system is available with NA-EOSM5 as standard equipment. Combined with an optional vacuum valve (PN 25624), this monitoring system provides constant updates on the water tight and safe-to-dive status of the housing. A simple coded LED lighting system lets the user know that the vacuum is solid, or that the housing is losing vacuum. Leak detection is built into the same circuit, so if there is water intrusion, an audible and visual indication will occur.
Flash Connectors for Optical TTLReliable automatic flash exposure is available with the NA-EOSM5 and a variety of optically fired flashes. The Inon Z-240, D-2000, S-2000, and Sea & Sea YS-D1/YS-D2 strobes provide automated lighting, precisely reproducing the camera’s pop-up flash at a proportionally greater intensity. This system yields accurate automatic TTL flash performance – even in manual exposure mode - with no electrical sync cables to flood! The NA-EOSM5 comes fiber optic ready and accepts standard Sea & Sea style bushing connections. Nauticam Universal fiber optic cable system (26216) for Inon, Sea & Sea strobes, provide exceptional light transmission for accurate TTL performance.
- WWL-1 (83201)
- CMC-1 (81301)
- CMC-2 (81302)
- M14 Nikonos 5-pin bulkhead with universal hotshoe connection (25056) (25019 M16 to M14 step down adaptor required)
- M67 to Bayonet Mount Converter (83213)
- M77 to Bayonet Mount Converter (83215)
- 180º Enhancing Viewfinder for MIL Housings(32204)
- 45º Enhancing Viewfinder for MIL Housings (32205)
- M14 Vacuum Valve (25624)
- Complete line of flat/dome ports for all major lenses, available in acrylic and glass
- Universal fiber optic cable system (26216) for Inon, Sea & Sea and Nauticam.
- Full line of mounting accessories for lighting, including mount balls, strobe adapters, arms, clamps, and specialty items
- Multiple styles of lanyards
- Lens holders, including flip-up
- Replacement Housing O-ring (90133 (I.D.=139mm, C.S.=2.5mm))
Details and Specifications
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Weight: 1.62 kg
- 306mm x 165mm x 114mm W x H x D (w/ handles and mounting balls)