Thinktank Airport Security V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag
Designed to meet USA domestic carry-on size standards, this roller provides advanced security features for traveling with the maximum amount of equipment.
SKU: # TT-571
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
Thinktank Airport Security V 2.0 Rolling Camera Bag
The Airport Security V2.0 is our largest carry-on rolling camera bag that meets U.S. domestic carry-on requirements for flights between major hubs.* Of all bags in the series, this one provides extra depth and height for additional configuration options when organizing your gear. The extra depth makes it a cinch to stack smaller lenses, flashes and accessories, one on top of another.
Depending on your gear set, you can have 2 or more pro bodies, 4-6 lenses, 2 or more flashes, plus accessories Advanced security features protect your gear whether you're traveling by airplane or another means of transportation. The main interior dividers and all exterior panels are reinforced and/or padded, providing even greater gear protection.
Are you traveling outside of the United States and need a rolling camera bag to meet both domestic and international standards? If so, we recommend our Airport International V2.0.
AIRPORT SECURITY V2.0 KEY FEATURES
- TSA-approved combination zipper lock for the main compartment
- Front cable and lock secures laptops or other items
- Strong, sturdy rear cable & TSA-approved padlock secures the entire bag to a fixed object
- Reinforced dividers and a semi-hard shell make the bag extremely strong for maximum protection
- Holds up to a 500mm f/4, 400mm f/2.8, or 300mm f/2.8 with body attached or even a 600mm f/4 detached and smaller lenses mounted to a gripped camera body
- Numerous dividers provide practically unlimited configurations for both large lenses, small lenses, camera bodies and accessories
- Interior Dimensions: 13 W x 21 H x 78 D (33 x 53.3 x 17.820.3 cm)
- Exterior Dimensions: 14 W x 22 H x 9 D (35.6 x 55.9 x 22.9 cm)
- Weight: 1214 lbs (5.46.4kg)
MATERIALSExterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellent (DWR) coating, plus underside of fabric has a polyurethane coating. It's also constructed with 1680D ballistic nylon, YKK RC Fuse (abrasion-resistant) zippers, custom designed extra tall skid plates, custom-designed replaceable inline skate style wheels, antique nickel-plated metal hardware, SpanKodra front pocket, nylon webbing, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: 210D silver-toned nylon, polyurethane backed Velex liner & dividers, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 210T seam-sealed rain cover, closed cell foam and reinforced PE board dividers, clear mesh pockets, and 3-ply bonded nylon thread.
- At 14" x 22" x 9", the Airport Security roller meets USA domestic airlines carry-on size requirements. It fits easily into overhead compartments either straight in or horizontally. On smaller commuter or regional aircraft, 14" x 22" x 9" is still the legal carry-on size, but the Airport Security may need to be gate-checked due to limited storage space inside the airplane. Check out these free articles about traveling with photo equipment written by Doug Murdoch.
- A TSA combination lock secures the main compartment zipper. There are many instances when photographers must leave behind some or all of their gear while on location. It is absolutely vital for the remaining gear to be secured from theft. The rear security cable prevents the entire bag from being stolen altogether when the cable is locked around an immovable object.
- The rear security cable chains the Airport Security V2.0 to immovable objects. This cable is built into the framework of the rolling bag. At times, it may be necessary to leave gear for a period of time in a media room, wedding hall, hotel room, or other open area. Locking the bag's main compartment, then locking the rear security cable to a fixed object can prevent the bag and its contents from being easily stolen. A small TSA travel padlock is included for convenience but any padlock is compatible with the cable.
- The front security cable and integrated combination lock fastens an Artificial Intelligence 15 V2.0 or Artificial Intelligence 17 V2.0 laptop case inside the stretchable front pocket of the roller. This cable and lock reduce the chances of computer theft while the bag is being rolled from one location to another. To completely conceal the laptop from view and for best security, use the Airport Security Low Divider Set to carry the laptop inside the main compartment and locked up with the primary TSA combination lock.
- The security plate may allow your lost or stolen bag to be returned! Before using your bag, register your unique serial number on our website at www.thinktankphoto.com/lostandfound_registration.aspx
- Holds a full DSLR kit. Our patent pending rolling bag design creates a very deep bottom sectionso deep you can put in a 70-200 f2.8 straight up and down in the bag. A 400 f/2.8, 500 f/4, or a Canon 600 f/4lens can also fit with hood reversed and the leather lens cap on. Because of this unique design, more gear can be carried in the Airport Security as compared to other brands. (Photo courtesy of Brad Mangin)
- If you wear out the wheels, we provide a free kit so you can replace the wheels. The wheels, being located on the outside of the bag, make it very stable when rolled. The wheel housings are extra high, to protect your case when going up curbs.
- Emergency shoulder straps. There are circumstances, such as stairs and gravel, when a roller does not work. Thats precisely why we include emergency shoulder straps. Although this roller is not intended to be used regularly as a backpack, the straps are there just in case. They are removable, allowing you to store them in the main compartment.
- Monopod And Tripod Holder. Both monopods and tripods can be attached two different ways, either by putting two legs into the stretchable pocket or by using the Tripod Cup that comes with the roller (pictured).
- A seam-sealed, waterproof rain cover (like an outdoor jacket) is included. An expandable section fits over a tripod when one is attached to the bag.
- Optional Artificial Intelligence 15 & 17 laptop cases slide in front pocket. The advantage is that the roller looks smaller, even when the laptop case is inside the pocket. If for some reason you do need to weigh the bag, you can remove the laptop case, making the roller lighter and smaller. Also, when you get to your seat on the plane, you can pull out the laptop case and put it on your seat before putting the roller in the overhead bin.
- Front Pocket Organizer The zippered front pocket can be used for storing items like pens, pencils, card wallets, notepads, and more.
- For easy identification, a business card holder is located directly under the handle. It holds quite a few cards. There is also a zippered pocket under the handle that can hold your passport and other items.
- The Airport Security Low Divider set can be used in place of the standard dividers. These low dividers will allow up to 17 laptops to fit inside the Airport Security.
- The included dividers allow you to configure the bag to carry the standard trilogy of F/2.8 lenses, two professional bodies, up to two flashes, with enough space leftover for a basic change of clothing and toiletries.