Help Us Expedite Your Service
|Thank you for choosing Backscatter. As fellow underwater shooters, we understand the importance of
functional equipment when you're on the other side of the world. We also know tight schedules. Our
service time averages 3-4 weeks, but we will need your help to remain on schedule. To expedite your
service please follow these instructions. (You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to read this file. To download Adobe Acrobat Reader click here.) Download the service request form here:
Download Service Request Form
Shipping your equipment for service:
- Fill out the Service Request Form and include it in your shipment.
- Include proof of purchase if you feel your repair should be performed under warranty.
- Carefully pack your equipment with extra padding inside a sturdy cardboard box. Be sure to over stuff the box with a few extra handfuls of packing material.
- Fill out and tape the Shipping Label to the box.
- Insure the shipment for the replacement value of the equipment.
Estimates and Scheduling:
- We will email you a confirmation when your package is received. Please verify your contact info and service requests and contact us immediately with corrections.
- Within 10 days, we will email or call you with a FREE estimate.
- Most repairs are shipped within 14 days from your estimate approval date.
RUSH Service Options:
If your travel plans require faster service, we do have RUSH options. In addition to the steps above,
please call us in advance to receive a RUSH service number. You will need to approve a "no greater
than $xxx" ballpark estimate and provide a method of payment in advance. All extra RUSH fees will be
quoted when you call.
Warranty Repair Requests:
If you believe that your repair should be performed under warranty at no charge, please include a copy
of your original proof of purchase and detail your problem on the Service Request Form.
Is your service complicated?
If you have special requests or concerns that are difficult to explain in writing, please call us. We'll
record the details in our system and provide you with a Service Number. Please be sure to list this
number on the form and shipping label.
Our estimates are always free, but you are responsible for all shipping and insurance fees.
Warranty Policy and Your Required Maintenance:
Never assume serviced items are dive ready! After a service, you must clean and prep ALL user o-rings
as necessary prior to any use. Backscatter warrants our service and repair work under normal use for
a period of 90 days from date of receipt. Since flood damaged equipment can develop unforeseen
problems over time, we only warrant the parts we have replaced. The liability of Backscatter is limited
only to the work we performed and the repair of this work. If the item is disassembled or modified our
warranty will be void.
If you have any questions on service schedules, maintenance tips or warranty policies, please give us a