Sea & Sea DX-GE5 Camera and Housing Set.
A waterproof camera, so no need to worry even if it gets wet. DX-GE5 camera is waterproof to 5m / 16ft without it's housing, making it versatile for all outdoor sports activities from water to snow. The DX-GE5 housing is rugged dependable allowing full functionality of the camera to 55m / 180ft.
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / CANADA!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
Overview / Product Description
A waterproof camera, so no need to worry even if it gets wet
The DX-GE5 camera is waterproof to 5m / 16ft without it's housing, making it versatile for all outdoor sports activities from water to snow. The DX-GE5 housing is rugged dependable allowing full functionality of the camera to 55m / 180ft.
With the wide-angle conversion lens for DX-860G.
Compatible with Wide-Angle Conversion LensThe optional Wide-Angle Conversion Lens for DX-860G can be attached/removed even underwater.Use of the wide-angle conversion lens allows images to be taken at an even wider angle.
*Slight vignetting (dimming) may occur in the four corners of the image. Slightly zoom in to telephoto to eliminate vignetting.
Light and compact for better portability
The DX-GE5 housings was redesigned and improved for better ergonomics offering access to all controls and maximum convenience while underwater.
- High definition CCD 1/2.3-inch primary color CCD with 12.20 effective megapixels and 4x optical zoom lens (38 to 152mm).
- Equipped with underwater photo and video modes ideal for capturing perfect underwater images or video.
- The camera is waterproof to 5m / 16ft. (*Determined based on General Imaging Company testing methods.)
- 2.7-inch LCD monitor (with an automatic brightness adjustment function). Approx. 230,000-dot LCD monitor that's easy to see when checking photos while shooting or during playback. Automatically adjusts the brightness of the LCD screen to match the amount of ambient light in the area.
- Equipped with a recognition function (for faces, smiles, and blinking) and blur reduction function.
- Compatible with highly sensitive ISO 1600 photography.
- Removable macro diffuser. Adjusts light from the internal flash to make it uniform during macro shooting.
- When you turn the retractable cable socket, the fiber-optic cable socket slides and is aligned with position of the built-in flash and fixed.
- Luninour stickers help identify the buttons.
- The housing rear caseback can be opened/closed while the housing is mounted on a camera tray.
- Strong and durable build, with a depth rating of up to 55m / 180ft.
- Image sensor: Effective 12.2 megapixels, 1/2.3-inch CCD
- Lens: Focal length: f=6.7 to 27mm (35mm film equivalent focal length 38 to 152mm)
- F-aperture: F3.5 (W) to F5.1 (T)
- Motion blur reduction: Electronic Image StabilizationZoom
- Optical zoom: 4.0x (35mm film equivalent focal length 38 to 152mm)
- Digital zoom: 4.5x (Combined zoom: 18x)
- Shooting distance: (from the front of the lens)
- Normal shooting: 60cm to infinity (W), 80cm to infinity (T)
- Macro shooting: 6cm to 80cm(W), 80cm to infinity (T)
- Shutter speed: 4 .1/2000 sec. (Manual 30 sec.)
- Number of recorded Pixels: [Still image] 12M, 10M (3:2), 9M (16:9), 8M, 5M, 3M, 0.3M[Movie] 720x480 (30fps, 15fps), 320x240 (30fps, 15fps)Picture quality mode B (Best) / F (Fine) / N (Normal)
- ISO sensitivity: (standard output sensitivity) AUTO / ISO64 / ISO100 / ISO200 / ISO400 / ISO800 / ISO1600Flash [Mode] Auto / Red-eye flash / Flash On / Flash Off / Flash synchro / Red-eye flash + Flash synchro[Range] Approx. 50cm to 4.4m (W), approx. 80cm to 3.0m (T) (ISO 800)
- Focus mode: Single AF / Multi AF (TTL 9-point) / Face Detection AF, AF aux. light
- Exposure metering mode: Artificial Intelligence AE (Ai AE) / Center-weighted light metering / Spot meteringExposure mode Program AE (AE-lock available)
- Exposure compensation: +2.0 to -2.0 EV in 1/3 EV steps
- White balance mode: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent lamp 1 / Fluorescent lamp 2 / Incandescent lamp / Manual
- Recording media: SD memory card / SDHC memory card (up to 16 GB) / Internal Memory (16 MB)Storage capacity Approx. 180 shots (based on CIPA standard)
- Recording format: Exif2.2 (JPEG)
- [Movie] Quick Time Motion JPEG, Audio: G.711 (Monaural)
- Shooting mode: Auto / Auto-Scene (Landscape / Portrait / Night portrait / Backlit portrait / Night Landscape / Macro), Underwater picture, Underwater movie / Manual / Stabilization / Movie / SceneSport, Children, Indoor, Leaf, Snow, Sunset, Fireworks, Glass, Museum, Landscape, Nightscape / Nightscape portrait / Portrait / Panorama
- Panoramic field of view: 3 pictures: 119_ / 2 pictures: 84_
- Waterproof: 5 m / 16 ft *Based on General Imaging Company testing standards.
- Other major shooting functions: Continuous Shooting: Approx. 1.39 fps (Large / Fine mode), HDR (High Dynamic Range) function, Detection functions (Face, Smile, Blink), Red-eye Removal
- Other major playback functions: Single photo, Grid view, Slide show, Movie (Slow-Motion possible), Enlarged view (maximum 8 times), Voice, Histogram DisplayOther Features PictBridge, ExifPrint support, Multi-language support (26 languages)
- LCD monitor: 2.7 inch (Approx. 230,000 pixels), Automatic brightness adjustment function
- Interface USB2.0 / AV-OUT
- Video signal format NTSC / PAL
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 95.8_62_20.5mm / 3.8x2.5x0.8inch (excluding projecting parts)
- Weight Approx.125g / 4.4oz (excluding battery and memory card)
- Power Source Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery GB-10
- Operating temperature 0_C to 40_C
- [Construction] Polycarbonate
- [Depth rating] 55m / 180ft
- [Dimensions (WxHxD)] 140x109x82.5mm / 5.6x4.4x3.3inch
- [Weight] Approx. 385g / 13.5oz (excluding hand strap)
- [Underwater weight] Approx. 30g / 1.05oz
- [Compatible strobes] YS-01, YS-02, YS-250PRO*The YS-110 can be made to be compatible through a firmware update. For details, please inquire at a representative sales office.