Nauticam NA-D810 Underwater Housing for Nikon D810 Full Frame DSLR Camera
As one would expect, it is similar to the hugely successful NA-D800 and NA-D7100 housings. NA-D810 utilizes the advanced construction methods found in recent revisions to the NA-D800 and NA-5DMKIII housings resulting in lighter weight for travel, and improved in water handling.
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / CANADA!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
Overview / Product Description
New Housing for Nikon D810
As the international leader in innovative underwater housing technology, Nauticam is pleased to announce the latest release in its acclaimed line of precision crafted camera housings, the NA-D810 Housing for Nikons 36.3 megapixel D810.
NA-D810 is the first underwater housing for Nikon D810 to be shown publicly, and will be on the shelves of dealers, and in the hands of users, by the end of August. Nauticam once again leads the industry by delivering this superior system less than 6 weeks from the initial camera ship date.
D810: The sharpest, best image quality in Nikon history, available for the underwater image makers that desire the best.
The NA-D810 Housing
NA-D810 is an evolutionary marvel. A long list of pioneering engineering breakthroughs from previous Nauticam designs are now standard in NA-D810. The patented housing Locking Latch System has received acclaim worldwide for its ease and functionality. These recessed latches are equipped with safety locks, reduce bulk and require minimal physical effort to engage and release. Port changes have never been simpler than utilizing the Patented Nauticam Locking Port Release. No wrestling, no twisting, no misalignment - just seat and lock. Lens changes are also easily accomplished without removing the camera from the housing using the lens release button logically accessed on the housing front. The lightweight, rugged Nauticam handles are generously contoured with a durable over-mold process of comfortable non-slip rubber. The vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit provides peace of mind by enabling the user to ensure that their housing is water tight before entering the water.
Nauticam housings are the finest, most ergonomic, most usable camera housings on the market today, and the NA-810 is a shining example of the best that Nauticam has to offer. Every control placement is well thought out. Every button, lever and switch considered not in terms of what is easier for the designer, but what is right for the shooter. An excellent example is the patent pending Multi Controller Pad that is located within easy reach of the right thumb. The device virtually recreates the Nikon multi selector on the back of the NA-810 housing allowing full multidirectional use of this powerful tool (including diagonal movement). No other manufacturer has this. Camera loading is drop in simple, with no controls requiring pre-alignment, allowing the fastest and easiest setup possible.
Core camera controls such as shutter release, aperture, shutter speed, live view, info, exposure compensation, depth of field preview, Fn, flash exposure compensation, focus mode, AF/M and zoom are located at the user's fingertips. Dual thumb levers, located on the right and left sides of NA-D810 pull important camera functionality from the back of the housing out to the handles. This allows quick access to Video Record, AF-ON (for thumb activated focus), ISO and Image Playback. Complete control of the camera is available from the ergonomic rubberized handles.
NA-D810 Feature Checklist
- Unsurpassed build quality, designed by an award winning engineering team, and produced utilizing the most modern manufacturing technology available
- Ergonomically placed controls with size, shape, and color differentiation
- Access to all camera controls
- All controls clearly labeled
- Patented two stage shutter release system, allowing precise feel over half press and full press
- Patented Port Locking System
- Patent pending Multi Controller pad
- Lens release button
- Easy to operate locking housing latches
- Rubberized ergonomic grips
- Quick release camera mounting plate
- Optical strobe connectors for fiber optic flash triggering
- Dual M16 accessory holes for electrical bulkhead, HDMI, hydrophone, or vacuum valve installation
- Integrated vacuum monitoring and leak detection circuit (valve optional)
- Dual 1" (25mm) strobe mounting balls included as standard equipment
- 1/4-20 tripod mounting holes
- Dual 10mm threaded accessory mounting points
- .66x optical glass pickup finder (magnifying 180 and 45 viewfinders available optionally)
- 100m Depth Rating
The new Nikon D810 represents the refinement and merging of the D800 and D800E, two of the most highly regarded cameras ever produced.
I have been so pleased with the quality of the D800E camera, and the Nauticam NA-D800 housing for it, that I bought a second camera and housing so that I could have two different lens set-ups ready for underwater shooting opportunities, then sold my D4 and bought a third D800E to use for topside shooting while the other two are in their housings. I have yet to see any sign of moire in the photos I have taken with the Nikon D800E, either underwater or above water
Doug Perrine is widely regarded as one of the worlds foremost marine wildlife photographers
Nikon has set a very high standard to improve upon. The D810 maintains the same 36.3MP resolution from its revered predecessors, yet features a newly designed FX-format CMOS sensor that sees the complete removal of the optical low-pass filter (OLPF) from its design. This results in increased measured resolution, allowing D810 to fully realize the benefit of its 36 million pixels. This, combined with a new EXPEED 4 image processor, autofocus inherited from the D4S pro body, better battery life, and improved video shooting functionality make this a significant improvement on the best DSLR body available today.
Nikon D810 Key Features
- 36.3 Megapixel FX CMOS Sensor (excellent resolution)
- No optical low pass filter (OLPF) (allowing the highest resolution and sharpness possible)
- Still photo shooting at 5fps in FX Mode, 6fps in 1.2x & DX Crop Modes, and 7fps with battery grip (for when a pod of dolphins show up)
- ISO 64-12,800 (lowest sensitivity available in any DSLR for shooting in extreme light, and sun ball control)
- A new EXPEED 4 image processor (gains additional continuous shooting speed, provides lower image noise throughout the entire ISO range, improves battery life)
- CAM 3500 FX Autofocus System with Group AF (51 points with 3d tracking, new Group AF mode introduced in tge D4s for improved focus tracking)
- 3.2 1,229k-dot RGBW LCD Screen (wide viewing angle, easy viewing in bright sun, and detail for focus review)
- Auto ISO in Manual Exposure while shooting video with Exposure Compensation (a great way to enable seamless exposure transitions while recording video)
- Custom and spot white balance (spot white balance will make it easier to get accurate WB underwater)
- Highlight-weighted metering (new in camera metering mode to fully utilize cameras wide dynamic range to deliberately underexpose for highlights)
- 100% optical viewfinder coverage (composition without guesswork)
- 1 SD and 1 CF Card Slot (high storage capacity with redundancy)
- Built-in popup flash (usable with fiber optic strobe systems for accurate TTL automatic flash exposure)
- 1/320th second optical flash sync (for high contrast scenes like sun-balls)
- Video with 1080P at 60fps
- Cean output over HDMI for external recording (allows up to 220mb/s ProRes 422 HQ recording with Atomos Ninja2 in a Nauticam housing)
- New flat picture mode (professional level standard for post processing flexibility)
Precision requires vision: A high resolution camera like the Nikon D810 demands perfect focus for optimal results. Fortunately, Nauticam has developed the most user-friendly interchangeable viewfinders available.
The standard optical glass viewfinder is very good and travel friendly, but many photographers prefer the ease of a magnified viewfinder with adjustable diopter. Nauticam produces a straight 180_ enlarging viewfinder and a 45_ angled enlarging viewfinder to enhance the ease of close quarters work often associated with macro shooting. Both viewfinders have high quality optics, and allow bright viewing of the entire image. A patented external dioptric adjustment allows personal adjustment to a sharp-as-a-tack standard underwater and viewfinder changes can be executed in less than 30 seconds without using tools. Exceptional composition and focus accuracy have never been more accessible.
Multi Selector Pad and Info Lever placed conveniently at the user's right thumb.
Front Command Wheel, Fn., Preview, and Locking Port Lever. Fn. and Preview can be used for seamless iris control when shooting video.
- 180_ Enhancing Viewfinder (32201)
- 45_ Enhancing Viewfinder (32203)
- Patent Pending Super Macro Converter (81201), providing 2.3:1 reproduction ration with the popular AF-S 105mm /2.8G VR Macro Lens
- Vacuum Valve (25612)
- Complete line of flat and dome ports for all major lenses, available in acrylic and glass
- Locking port extension rings from 10mm to 70mm
- Monitor/Recorder Housing for Atomos Ninja2 (17902)
- Monitor Housing for SmallHD DP4 Monitor (17901)
- Fiber optic cables for Inon (26211) and Sea&Sea (26212)
- Full line of mounting accessories for lighting, including mount balls, strobe adapters, arms, clamps, and specialty items
- Multiple styles of lanyards
- Lens holders, including flip-up
- Focus and Zoom gears for many Nikon, Tokina, and Sigma lenses
- Port Adapters for Aquatica, Ikelite, Inon, Nexus M5 & M6, Sea & Sea NX, Seacam, Subal Version 3 & 4, and Zillion
- Handle accessories including smaller handles, handle extensions for cold water diving
- Depth Rating: 100m
- Weight: 2.9kg
- Dimensions: 350mm (w) x 298mm (h) x 134mm (d)