Canon G12 Digital Camera
Let the G Series Inspire You. Feast your eyes on an updated G Series digital camera: The G12. It's ready to impress the advanced amateurs who have always celebrated the G Series. The G12 is still loaded with powerful technologies that has made the G Series cameras so renowned, like the Canon HS SYSTEM, 2.8-inch Vari-angle PureColor System LCD, and RAW + JPEG image modes. Now, this flagship camera paves the way with these new upgrades like 720p HD Video with stereo sound to get crystal clear footage, multiple aspect ratios, High Dynamic Range, Electronic Level, Tracking AF, a Front Dial and much more to give you even more creative control than before!
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / CANADA!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
Overview / Product Description
Let the G Series Inspire You.
Feast your eyes on an updated G Series digital camera: The G12. It's ready to impress the advanced amateurs who have always celebrated the G Series. The G12 is still loaded with powerful technologies that has made the G Series cameras so renowned, like the Canon HS SYSTEM, 2.8-inch Vari-angle PureColor System LCD, and RAW + JPEG image modes. Now, this flagship camera paves the way with these new upgrades like 720p HD Video with stereo sound to get crystal clear footage, multiple aspect ratios, High Dynamic Range, Electronic Level, Tracking AF, a Front Dial and much more to give you even more creative control than before!
- 10.0 Megapixel sensor combined with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor create Canon's HS SYSTEM for improved low light performance and better image quality.
- Shoot beautiful 720p HD video in stereo sound and play back on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including RAW + JPEG for the ultimate creative control.
- Utilizes Canon's Hybrid IS to compensate for angular and shift camera shake during close-up shooting.
- Large, bright 2.8-inch Vari-angle LCD with 461,000 dots for shooting at a variety of angles plus an optical viewfinder.
- A high-powered 5x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer, plus a 28mm Wide-Angle Lens gets you up close and personal to your subjects, as well as capture more in your frame.
- A host of optional accessories including Speedlite flashes, underwater housing and Tele-Converter Lens are available.
- High Dynamic Range scene mode combines multiple shots into one picture showing greater image detail.
The PowerShot G12 employs the HS SYSTEM by combining a powerful 10.0 Megapixel CCD sensor and Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor. Thanks to this technological advancement, the G12 is dramatically more sensitive than cameras with identical megapixel counts, and delivers spectacular images with minimal noise. Increased sensitivity demands a higher ISO speed, and the PowerShot G12 delivers with a new maximum setting of ISO 3200. Blur and camera shake are notably reduced for the ultimate in sharpness and clarity.
In addition, a new Low Light mode lets you capture images in an astonishing range of conditions. The camera automatically adjusts the ISO speed from ISO 320 to ISO 12800 in relation to ambient brightness, subject movement and camera shake.
- Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 5x Optical / 4x Digital / 20x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer System
- 10.0 Megapixel, 1/1.7-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Approx. 10.4 Megapixels
- 6.1 (W) - 30.5 (T) mm (35mm film equivalent: 28 (W) - 140 (T) mm)
- Digital Zoom: 4x
- Focusing Range:
- Normal AF: 2.0 in./5cm - infinity (W), 12 in./30cm - infinity (T)
- Normal (With Tele-Converter): 1.8 ft./55cm - infinity (T)
- Macro AF: 0.4 in. - 1.6 ft./1 - 50cm (W), 12 in. - 1.6 ft./30 - 50cm (T)
- Manual Focus: 0.4 in./1cm. - infinity (W), 12 in./30cm - infinity (T)
- Autofocus System: TTL Autofocus
- Optical Viewfinder: Real-image optical viewfinder
- LCD Monitor: 2.8-inch TFT color LCD (Vari-angle type with wide-viewing angle)
- LCD Pixels: Approx. 461,000 pixels
- LCD Coverage: Approx. 100%
- Maximum Aperture:
- f/2.8 (W) - f/4.5 (T)- f/numbers available in Av and M:
- W: f/2.8, 3.2, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.6, 6.3, 7.1, 8.0
- T: f/4.5, 5.0, 5.6, 6.3, 7.1, 8.0
- Shutter Speed:
- 1 - 1/4000 sec.
- 15 - 1/4000 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Shutter speeds differs depending on the shooting mode.
- Shutter speeds available in Tv and M:
- 15, 13, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3.2, 2.5, 2, 1.6, 1.3, 1, 0.8, 0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/8, 1/10, 1/13, 1/15, 1/20, 1/25, 1/30, 1/40, 1/50, 1/60, 1/80, 1/100, 1/125, 1/160, 1/200, 1/250, 1/320, 1/400, 1/500, 1/640, 1/800, 1/1000, 1/1250, 1/1600, 1/2000, 1/12500, 1/3200, 1/4000 (Units: sec.)
- Sensitivity: Auto, ISO 80/100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/ 1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200
- Light Metering Method:
- Evaluative*1, Center-weighted average, Spot*2
- *1 Facial brightness is evaluated (Face Detect AE) in Face AiAF.
- *2 Fixed to Center, linked to AF frame.
- Exposure Control Method: AE Lock- Not available when shooting videos
- Exposure Compensation:
- +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- - Not available when shooting videos
- White Balance Control: Auto*, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater, Custom1, Custom2
- *Facial color is evaluated in Face AiAF (Face Detect WB).
- Built-in Flash: Auto, on, Slow Synchro, off, Red-eye Reduction, FE Lock
- - Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face AiAF.
- Flash Range: 1.6 - 23 ft. (50cm - 70m) (W), 1.6 - 13 ft. (50cm - 4.0m (T)
- - Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance.
- Recycling Time: 10 sec. or less (battery voltage: 7.4V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation: +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes: Smart AUTO, P, Tv, Av, M, C1, C2, Low Light, Quick Shot, SCN*1, Movie*2, 1 Portrait, Landscape, Kids & Pets, Sports, Smart Shutter*3, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap, High Dynamic Range, Nostalgic, Fisheye Effect, Miniature Effect, Beach, Underwater, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, Stitch Assist*2 Standard, Miniature Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap*3 Smile, Wink Self-timer, Face Self-Timer
- Photo Effects: My Colors, My Colors Off, Vivid, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin, Darker Skin, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Custom Color** Adjustment of contrast, sharpness, saturation, red, green, blue and skin tone are available.
- - Not available in RAW and RAW+JPEG
- Self Timer: Custom*
- *Delay time (0 - 15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots
- (1 - 10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
- Wireless Control: Not available
- Continuous Shooting:
- Normal: Approx. 2.0 shots/sec. (when shooting in P mode), Approx. 4.2 shots/sec. (when shooting in Low Light mode)
- AF: Approx. 0.7 shots/sec. (when shooting in P mode), Approx. 1.0 shots/sec. (when shooting in Low Light mode)
- LV: Approx. 0.8 shots/sec. (when shooting in P mode), Approx. 1.2 shots/sec. (when shooting in Low Light mode)
- - Under conditions where the flash does not fire automatically.
- - Differs depending on the zoom position.
- Storage Media: SD/SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Card
- File Format: Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
- Image Recording Format: Normal, Fine, RAW
- JPEG Compression Mode: Still Image: Exif 2.3 (JPEG), RAW (CR2 Canon Original))*
- * Images processed with DPP.
- MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio data: Linear PCM (Stereo))
- Number of Recording Pixels: Still Image: 16:9 Large: 3648 x 2048 Medium 1: 2816 x 1584 Medium 2: 1920 x 1080 Small: 640 x 360
- 3:2 Large: 3648 x 2432 Medium 1: 2816 x 1880 Medium 2: 1600 x 1064 Small: 640 x 424
- 4:3 Large: 3648 x 2736 Medium 1: 2816 x 2112 Medium 2: 1600 x 1200 Small: 640 x 480 RAW: 3648 x 2736 - Fixed to 1824 x 1368 when in Low Light
- 1:1 Large: 2736 x 2736 Medium 1: 2112 x 2112 Medium 2: 1200 x 1200 Small: 480 x 480
- 4:5 Large: 2192 x 2736 Medium 1: 1696 x 2112 Medium 2: 960 x 1200 Small: 384 x 480
- Videos: Standard, Color Accent, Color Swap: 1280 x 720 (24 fps*1), 640 x 480 (30 fps*2), 320 x 240 (30 fps*2) Miniature Effect: 1280 x 720 (Shooting: 6 fps/3 fps/1.5 fps; Playback: 30 fps*2) 640 x 480 (Shooting: 6 fps/3 fps/1.5 fps, Playback: 30 fps*2) *1 Actual frame rate is 23.976 fps. *2 Actual frame rate is 29.97 fps.