Backscatter & Gates Professional Underwater Cinema Workshop
Backscatter and Gates Underwater Products are sponsoring a 3 day intensive workshop designed specifically for working professionals and new underwater cinema camera operators. We have combined the popular Gates STO Certification(Set-up, Test, Operate)with a real world shooting technique workshop crafted by the professionals at Backscatter.<ul> <li>Workshop: Nov. 18-20th, 2015</li> <li>Optional Evening Social: Nov. 17th</li> <li>Optional Monterey Bay Diving: Sat 21 & Sun 22</li> <li>$495 (introductory price)</li> <li>Class limit: 9 Students</li></ul><font size="3"><font color="red"><center><b>Class Is Currently Full. Please Call to be Added to the Waitlist.</b></font size="3"></font color="red"></center>
FREE Standard Shipping to USA / CANADA!
Base Price $
Price as Configured $
This product has been discontinued. Please scroll down for accessories and other options.
Overview / Product Description
Professional Underwater Cinema Workshop
3-Day intensive hands-on workshop and pool session for professional camera operators
Backscatter and Gates Underwater Products are sponsoring a 3 day intensive workshop designed specifically for working professionals and new underwater cinema camera operators. We have combined the popular Gates STO Certification(Set-up, Test, Operate)with a real world shooting technique workshop crafted by the professionals at Backscatter.
- Workshop: November 18-20th, 2015
- Optional Evening Social: November 17th, 2015
- Optional Monterey Bay Diving: Sat November 21st. & Sun November 22nd. 2015
Backscatter WEST. Monterey, CA
Workshop Fee: $495 (introductory price)
Class limit: 9 Students
Who should attend?
New professionals seeking a resume level certification in the safe set-up and operation of Gates housings. Working professionals seeking new insight onequipmentconfigurations, lens selection, and cutting edge techniques for underwater focus, exposure, color, static and dynamic camera movement for underwater imaging. Aspiring DSLR camera users looking to make the leap to a professional cinema system.
Hands-on learning in a small group setting
We limit class sizes to 9 guests to maximize one-on-one opportunities with our many instructors. All participants will receive hours of time on professional cinema equipment on land and in the pool.
In water time with professional gear
Plan to spend a full day in a pool to apply the techniques you've learned in a real worldenvironment. Backscatter is very experienced with commercialfilmmakers discovering underwater for the first time and natural history filmmakers exploring a newangle on an elusive subject. Well help make this pool session fit your experience level. Non-certified divers (or rusty divers) are required to prearrange our dive instructor support option for an additional fee. Rental dive gear can be prearranged for poolside delivery for an additional fee.
Explore the worlds largest underwater camera showroom
Classes at Backscatter not only give you cutting edge knowledge, but give you premier access to the worlds largest underwater photography showroom. There is no better opportunity to put your hands on the latest in underwatertechnology.
- 6PM, Tuesday Nov. 17th - Optional Social Gathering
- If you can arrive early, meet us for a quick briefing at Backscatter on the workshop schedule and get to know the instructors and your classmates. After the briefing, some might move out for dinner and drinks. No worries if you cant arrive early, well catch you up to speed the next day.
- 9AM-5PM, Wednesday Nov. 18th - Gates STO / Backscatter Intro to Camera Configurations
- Session 1: Gates STO Certification session covering camera housing set-up, testing, operation, and the fundamentals of underwater optics.
- Session 2: Introduction to our favorite 3 camera configurations.
- Session 3: Intensive hands-on session to learn basic set-up and speed swapping between different camera configurations.
- 9AM-5PM, Thursday Nov. 19th - Real World Underwater Shooting Techniques
- Session 1: Wide Angle Shooting Techniques: focus, exposure, white balance, frame rate, stability
- Session 2: Macro Shooting Techniques: focus, exposure, white balance, frame rate, stability
- Session 3: Real World Workflow: A survival guide to get your footage from camera, to computer, to stockhouse
- 9AM-5PM, Friday Nov 20th. - Pool Session
- Session 1: Gates STO Certification tests / Full day in-water session with personal assignments
- Session 2: End of day debrief with Q&A session
- Sat - Sun - Optional diving in Monterey Bay
- Backscatter West is located across the street from the world renowned Breakwater dive site at San Carlos Beach. We can help you plan a guided dive on the Breakwater or a day boat run to our favorite sites in Carmel Bay or Point Lobos Reserve. Advanced notice is required.